The Walking Dead Action Figures - Insider Chat

Antman

Steelbook Avenger
Premium Supporter
Feb 26, 2011
Lincolnshire, UK
This thread is dedicated to talking about the McFarlane "The Walking Dead" figures (and statues). There's someone very well connected in this thread. ;)

Purchase here

Intro.jpg

This Fall The Walking Dead comes to the toy store with McFarlane Toys action figures of Rick Grimes, Daryl Dixon, Zombie Biter and Zombie Walker. Available for purchase November 2011.

http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/the-walking-dead-mcfarlane-action-figures/intro.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely. I always try to make small talk when i'm scanning because it can get awkward when i'm 12" from someones face. I usually try to talk about being scanned before on other projects....Polly Anne Mcintosh told me about her work on Call of Duty, Jeffrey Dean Morgan talked about his time on Watchmen, etc. Some are in and out though....some are having bad days (can't hold that against them in the Atlanta heat)....and some are super gracious and thankful, like Norman.
Some of my favorites were Andrew Lincoln, Josh McDermitt and Michael Rooker. Super nice guys and really into it. Andrew was awesome because when in character, he's IN character. He is Rick at that moment and time. Josh is just hilarious. Rooker was just so energetic, funny, crazy. Really cool.
I really enjoyed working with Ross Marquand and Lenny James too. Super nice guys, gentlemen.
The funniest story was before season 4, when we were scanning everyone in the prison outfits. We were scanning Lauren Cohan at one point, and the scanner that we were using at the time had a headset that the talent had to wear to register into the scanner. When we were done, Lauren got up to do something without taking the headset off, and accidentally started pulling the machine of the table. One of my co-workers yelled out "Maggie, No!" to stop her. Like he couldn't remember her real name or just was so convinced in costume that it was Maggie.....it was hilarious.
I also love when the zombie actors are at lunch in make-up and have those crazy contacts in. They can't see a thing....lol. I saw a zombie look like he was feasting on a pie, like a zombie....but he just couldn't see what kind it was, so he had to get within inches of it to see.

haha man that is super cool. love that Andrew stays in character, you hear that often of really great actors like Daniel Day Lewis, and a few others.

has your scanning mostly just been with TWD or have you done other shows or what about all the sports figures? Any of that scans?

Spawn, any chance of a 7 inch Shane figure? And do you know if you guys are making Gears 5 figures?

I'm not sure about the Shane. It's a great idea though.
I also haven't heard anything for GOW5....... I haven't even played through 4 yet myself.....LOL
New figures would be awesome though - it's one of my favorite franchises.
I have heard of a few new things on the horizon which sound amazing!

haha man that is super cool. love that Andrew stays in character, you hear that often of really great actors like Daniel Day Lewis, and a few others.

has your scanning mostly just been with TWD or have you done other shows or what about all the sports figures? Any of that scans?

Personally at McF, I've scanned for TWD (4 or 5 times) and Star Trek Discovery.
I've also had access to the Game of Thrones props and costumes to photograph.

We have also sent techs to scan for LOST, NHL, and NASCAR too back in the day.

I'm not sure about the Shane. It's a great idea though.
I also haven't heard anything for GOW5....... I haven't even played through 4 yet myself.....LOL
New figures would be awesome though - it's one of my favorite franchises.
I have heard of a few new things on the horizon which sound amazing!
I hope you guys make some, id buy the crap out of new Gears figures! I hope The Last of Us is one of those new things.

Reactions: spawnshop
So is the walking dead line basically dead now? Lol seems like all the other smaller lines are getting more attention than TWD :/
One big thing I will say that’s really a negative with McFarlane is that they really have no communication with fans on any of there lines. It’s kind of sad really you go on the Facebook page or anything and there is countless people asking questions but no answers. Neca never does that. You go on there twitter page and almost every day you see answers to the fan
Base about all sorts of things. It’s pretty frustrating that I give my money to McFarlane to support them, but they show no signs of any customer support or care for what there customer really wants.
They always seem to push back any of there bigger well established lines for small “quick money” lines (fortnite, hello neighbor, we happy few).
That is my biggest wish and hope for McFarlane as a company is that maybe one day they will actually become a little more like there big competition and learn to talk to there fans honesty and just simply answer questions. :/

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: spawnshop
Well I guess this line is dead after all. The AOW Rick, Negan, and Maggie were on McFarlane's page for the longest time with a date of October 2018 but no updates, and now they've been taken off the website completely as if they never existed. I'm pretty damn disappointed since I was really looking forward to that Rick and I probably would have picked up Negan and Maggie too. RIP McFarlane Walking Dead line

Well I guess this line is dead after all. The AOW Rick, Negan, and Maggie were on McFarlane's page for the longest time with a date of October 2018 but no updates, and now they've been taken off the website completely as if they never existed. I'm pretty damn disappointed since I was really looking forward to that Rick and I probably would have picked up Negan and Maggie too. RIP McFarlane Walking Dead line
Yeah it sucks lol but neca has some really cool horror related stuff coming out this year/early next year.
Sad to say, but walking dead line was just about the last straw with me collecting McFarlane stuff. Quality has gone down the drain over the years, they don’t listen to fans, and lines that are well established just get practically cancelled yet they still won’t even announce anything publically with it. Rip walking dead line you were fun while you lasted

Looks like they've switched licenses too with four GOT action figures coming out next year. They look good in Season 7 attire and would have loved (bar Night King as it exists already) these as models in the Eaglemoss line with has been plagued by licensing issues it seems.

Well surprised to see this pop up last week from McFarlane, but it’s the new 10” Daryl. Looks like it’s exclusive to amazon. Here’s some pics of it just got it in the mail today. Overall, it looks great! Best Daryl I think we’ve gotten in terms of accuracy. Little heavy paint on the beard, but other than that a great figure to put on display! VERY happy with it:) Now I just wish that they would release more walking dead figures even if it’s only on amazon. Definitely would buy.
07897638-6262-47D9-BC76-533BAF36BF07.jpeg
E281280A-8264-4A10-B929-CCC62CB565D1.jpeg
ABDFE023-25C9-41B1-8BA7-668F6AF82BD4.jpeg

@spawnshop just seen pictures of the GOT display at Toy Fair. Looks really cool. Didn't realise the action figures are 6", ideal for going with my Eaglemoss collection. Loving how you are starting with how characters look in Season 7/8 as this is what my miniature collection is missing. Are planning on making the the other two Dragons? (Viserion when he was alive and Rheagal?). Viserion as an Ice Dragon looks insane!!! loving it.