Completed The Walking Dead (Season 11) [AMC]

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Season 7 :twd:

TWD S7 Banner.jpg

This is right up my alley and looks pretty cool.

wd.jpg

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC has greenlit The Walking Dead as a six-episode series based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The Walking Dead tells the story of life following a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually, Teachers, Strike Back) will portray the lead role of Rick Grimes while actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) will portray the character Shane, who worked with Rick in the police department before the zombie disaster. Other cast includes Laurie Holden (The Shield), who plays Andrea, one of two sisters who join the survivors of the zombie plague, Steven Yeun as Glenn, an expert scavenger and Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break), who plays Rick's wife Lori.

The Walking Dead begins production in June in Atlanta with six, one-hour episodes for season one. The series is set to premiere in October 2010 during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films. AMC announced development of The Walking Dead in August 2009 and announced the pilot in January of this year.

About the Producers
Robert Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as Executive Producer. Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) will also serve as Executive Producer, and Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) will serve as Co-Executive Producer.

"AMC strives to make original shows that play like movies and The Walking Dead is a perfect complement to the network’s celebrated movie franchise, Fearfest, which has always been an important destination for our audience," said Charlie Collier, AMC President. "With its depth of story and the remarkable talent attached, The Walking Dead gives us an opportunity to raise the bar significantly within this popular genre, and continue our commitment to being the home of premium programming on basic cable."

"The Walking Dead is that rare piece of material that plays on many levels," says Joel Stillerman, Senior Vice President of Programming, Production and Digital Content. "Kirkman's series brilliantly captures the social commentary and ongoing human drama of the zombie apocalypse; and let's us kick a little zombie you-know-what from time to time."

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't get a chance to share this last night (my internet is still down at home :squint:)

View attachment 292349

I really enjoyed the 7.5 premiere :thumbs: That scene with Michonne and Rick each driving a vehicle was AWESOME! :hungry:
Wasnt that scene incredible!!!! wow!!!! I loved every minute of the episode!!! especially daryl.......he just gets more spunky every season lol!!

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Daryl can talk, omg! :D
read some interessting theory about him on reddit
Daryl's character relies entirely too much on everyone else's storyline being warped and twisted (sometimes truncated) in some way. To me, if a character needs that much work done to make them fit within the narrative, then they don't belong in the narrative.
It's a point.
What do you think?

Season Finale, TONIGHT! :twd:

Waited through 16 drawn out episodes for something to finally happen in season 7 and the last 20 minutes were great.. I really hope they pick up the pace in season 8. I think season 7 would have been good if they'd fit the same amount of story line into 8 to 10 episodes instead of all the slow (and at times boring ) filler. There were enjoyable parts to the season but they've got to get back on track for season 8. I still love the show of course but they've gotta pick up the pace and give maggie, daryl and carol more kick ass story lines.. I feel like the writters wondered off track for way too long with these characters.:)

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
That season finale must of set a new record for a show set during a zombie apocalypse and only featuring ONE zombie.

Season 7 has been a cop out for me personally. Only redeeming feature is the brilliant Jeffery Dean Morgan as Negan. He's become one of my all time TV characters.

As for the finale. Build up was good but the finale let it down. Action scenes in the walking dead have never been a strong point sadly. No real structure to it and it's just shot after shot of people aiming and firing aimlessly.

Bring back the zombie hordes I say. The zombies need to be a menace again....

Slow and steady wins the race @chunk :p
You're absolute right. Way too many character Building Episodes, season was really boring and disappointing sometimes.
I hope they do a better job at S8. As a comic reader i only can say once more.
Read the Comics, they are much better.
:thumbs: definitely could have done without the full episodes of introducing all the new players,seem to massively slow down the story/plot.. I think it wouldn't have felt so drawn out if they had not dedicated full episodes to it and just cut back and fourth to ricks group during those episodes.. like the Tara episode with the community of women:sleep:
That season finale must of set a new record for a show set during a zombie apocalypse and only featuring ONE zombie.

Season 7 has been a cop out for me personally. Only redeeming feature is the brilliant Jeffery Dean Morgan as Negan. He's become one of my all time TV characters.

As for the finale. Build up was good but the finale let it down. Action scenes in the walking dead have never been a strong point sadly. No real structure to it and it's just shot after shot of people aiming and firing aimlessly.

Bring back the zombie hordes I say. The zombies need to be a menace again....
Lol, maybe they thought one of the main characters being a zombie was enough for them to get away with:rofl: totally agree, for a zombie show, to hardly have any zombies in the finale was:confused:
I agree also that the shots of shooting but not cutting to see who they shot etc wasn't the best. :thumbs:
I think the finale was absolutely amazing. Exciting, stressful and upsetting. Made me yell at the tv a few times. Lol. LOVE negan despite him being so bad. Lol

I did love seeing the tiger get some dinner:rofl: and negan crapping his pants:LOL:

This is not a show about Zombies anymore! It is a show about humanity and how we treat fellow humans, however good or bad they are!!
Can't wait for it to return!! ;)

I had had that same thought myself but the show is still called the walking dead lol.. however, in reality there wouldn't be that many walkers by this time anyway as they would've just rotted away.. they certainty wouldn't be able to walk or even have legs 7 years after the outbreak (as the majority of the human race were turned into walkers in the larger populated areas at the beginning of the series).. but it's all fun and shouldn't be over analysed in that way. It definitely has/had to change into what people have to do in the world to survive with lack of food etc etc and fight for survival against other humans rather than the walking dead.. however, they still need to have a faster pace in that regard for season 8.. I don't want to wait through 16 episodes in season 8 to have rick face off again with negan like we did in season 7. That's all I want, a lot less filler. There were many scenes in season 7 I thought were great, they were just too few and far between.. if it had been done (as I said before) in 8 to 10 episodes instead of 16 I would have 100% enjoyed the season. Of course I can't wait for season 8. I'll probably watch the whole series again to keep me going during the wait:)

Reactions: bigwednesday0