Completed The Walking Dead (Season 11) [AMC]

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Season 7 :twd:

TWD S7 Banner.jpg

This is right up my alley and looks pretty cool.

wd.jpg

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC has greenlit The Walking Dead as a six-episode series based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The Walking Dead tells the story of life following a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually, Teachers, Strike Back) will portray the lead role of Rick Grimes while actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) will portray the character Shane, who worked with Rick in the police department before the zombie disaster. Other cast includes Laurie Holden (The Shield), who plays Andrea, one of two sisters who join the survivors of the zombie plague, Steven Yeun as Glenn, an expert scavenger and Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break), who plays Rick's wife Lori.

The Walking Dead begins production in June in Atlanta with six, one-hour episodes for season one. The series is set to premiere in October 2010 during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films. AMC announced development of The Walking Dead in August 2009 and announced the pilot in January of this year.

About the Producers
Robert Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as Executive Producer. Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) will also serve as Executive Producer, and Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) will serve as Co-Executive Producer.

"AMC strives to make original shows that play like movies and The Walking Dead is a perfect complement to the network’s celebrated movie franchise, Fearfest, which has always been an important destination for our audience," said Charlie Collier, AMC President. "With its depth of story and the remarkable talent attached, The Walking Dead gives us an opportunity to raise the bar significantly within this popular genre, and continue our commitment to being the home of premium programming on basic cable."

"The Walking Dead is that rare piece of material that plays on many levels," says Joel Stillerman, Senior Vice President of Programming, Production and Digital Content. "Kirkman's series brilliantly captures the social commentary and ongoing human drama of the zombie apocalypse; and let's us kick a little zombie you-know-what from time to time."

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped watching the moment Negan killed Glenn... I was already getting bored of the show, but that was the final straw for me.

tbf that was faithful to the comics as uncomfortable a watch it was

That was probably the last time the show was consistently good for me though, the last episode I've just watched was a bit of a mess, like the creators just threw whatever budget they had left for the show on crappy CGI

Glad it's over now though, I just couldn't quit on it having committed so much time to the show back when it was good. OFC it's not over at all as the Rick Grimes spinoff is still apparently on the way (though it's already been canned as a film so who knows)

Reactions: Noodles
tbf that was faithful to the comics as uncomfortable a watch it was

That was probably the last time the show was consistently good for me though, the last episode I've just watched was a bit of a mess, like the creators just threw whatever budget they had left for the show on crappy CGI

Glad it's over now though, I just couldn't quit on it having committed so much time to the show back when it was good. OFC it's not over at all as the Rick Grimes spinoff is still apparently on the way (though it's already been canned as a film so who knows)
It was exactly the same for me. Kept watching because after 7-8 seasons I just couldn't simply stop after having spent years watching this show and always loving it. I stopped watching for like 2 years when the group was basically enslaved for 2 seasons without any action or revenge stuff happening, it just felt miserable watching these people suffer without there being a proper payback for so long. I genuinly loved the whisperer stuff though, the series really hit a high there imo.

I think it's a shame with the finale since Rick's story should have clearly been in the "mothership" series instead of being a spin off. I guess they're going it that way to get more press for it since it's gonna be something new to the press and everyone can go to all the talk shows again etc. The teaser for the Negan/Maggie mini series looks really fun though and as though it might tie into Ricks story, since I think we see him in NYC (?) and Dead City takes place and was shot in NYC as well. Daryls show takes place in Paris so that's gonna be it's own thing.

All in all it was quite visible that their budget was cut in the last view seasons. Like, they always talked about the Common Wealth having thousands and thousands of people in it and even at the biggest speeches and town hall events there's only ever like 40-100 people or so, even in the last episode at the very end at Ezekiel's speech there's only ever like 30 people or so present, it just didn't seem like this powerful community but rather a Kingdom 2 with a more sphisticated military. The walker threat at the end also didn't seem that dangerous since they have been through much worse a few seasons before that with the whisperers and the finale of that. The series also lost track along the way with things like Oceanside. It was just palpable that the writers didn't know what to do with all of these communities and even when they introduced them I felt like it was going to be a messy thing with all of these new people.

I don't know, given that the ratings dropped so far in the last 4-5 seasons I'm surprised they're doubling down on TWD with all of these spinn-offs. I'll probably watch all of them because they're going to be about the characters I cared about the most - these shows will probably show the stuff that should have happened in the main series instead of them bringing in all of these new people after season 6/7.

Am I the only one who kept with this till the very end? Last ever episode aired last night/today
My wife and I had to watch it all the way through, when we started dating the walking dead was a common thing between us so we connected through this show. No matter how bad the last couple seasons got we stuck with it until the end. And we will probably watch each spinoff just to see what happens. I'm glad it's coming on TV and not being held to a streaming plus service.