The Walking Dead Season One Limited Edition Box-Best Buy Exclusive [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Walking...81&st=Walking_Dead_Seasons_20110718&lp=3&cp=1

wd_tin.jpg

Press Release said:
"The Walking Dead", AMC’s hit original series that Entertainment Weekly hailed as the “best new show on TV”, gets a new release on Blu-ray™ and DVD this fall that’s sure to wake the dead! Anchor Bay Entertainment proudly releases the AMC® original series “THE WALKING DEAD: SEASON 1 – SPECIAL EDITION” on October 4, 2011. Available in three versions (Special Edition DVD, Special Edition Blu-ray and Limited Edition Blu-ray Collector’s Tin), each set contains all six episodes of the first season and is loaded with NEW behind-the-scenes featurettes, audio commentaries, extra footage and the fan-requested black and white version of the pilot episode. In addition to the Blu-ray special edition, a limited edition collector’s tin contains an exclusive wearable zombie mask from NECA designed by the series' own make-up artist, Greg Nicotero. The first 100,000 units of the Blu-ray and Limited Edition Collector’s Tin together include an EXCLUSIVE Cryptozoic “The Walking Dead” trading card.

In each version, all six episodes contain audio commentaries including award-winning Producer/Writer/Director Frank Darabont, Executive Producer Gale Anne Hurd, Executive Producer/Writer Robert Kirkman, Producer Denise Huth, Actor Andrew Lincoln, Special Effects Make-Up Artist/Consulting Producer Greg Nicotero and many more! A breakdown of each release follows:

All three versions include the following NEW extras:
Pilot Episode: The B&W Version
Audio Commentaries On All 6 episodes
We Are The Walking Dead
Bring Out The Dead: KNB And The Art of Making Zombies
Digital Decay: The VFX of The Walking Dead
No More Room in Hell: The Walking Dead Phenomenon
Adapting The Dead
Killer Conversations: Frank Darabont & Greg Nicotero
Each version includes bonus features from the previous release of “The Walking Dead: Season 1” on DVD that contained the following:
The Making of The Walking Dead
Inside The Walking Dead: Episodes 1 – 6
A Sneak Peek with Robert Kirkman
Behind The Scenes Zombie Make-Up Tips
Convention Panel with the Producers
The Walking Dead Trailer

Extra Footage includes:
Zombie School
Bicycle Girl
On Set with Robert Kirkman
Hanging with Steven Yeun
Inside Dale’s RV
On Set with Andrew Lincoln

AMC's hit "The Walking Dead," which broke ratings records in its first season, reaching more Adults 18-49 than any other drama series in the history of basic cable television*, returns for its second season this fall. The series is based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, played by Andrew Lincoln ("Teachers," Love Actually), who travel in search of a safe and secure home. Shot on location in Atlanta, the series also stars Jon Bernthal ("The Pacific," The Ghost Writer) as Shane Walsh, Sarah Wayne Callies ("Prison Break") as Lori Grimes, Laurie Holden ("The Shield," Stephen King's The Mist) as Andrea, Jeffrey DeMunn (Stephen King's The Mist, The Green Mile) as Dale, Norman Reedus (“The Conspirator”) as Daryl, Steven Yeun ("The Big Bang Theory") as Glen, Emma Bell (The Bedford Diaries) as Amy and Chandler Riggs (Get Low) as Carl Grimes. Season two of "The Walking Dead" is executive produced by three-time Academy™ Award nominee Frank Darabont, Gale Anne Hurd, Kirkman, David Alpert, and Glen Mazzara and AMC Studios.

*Source: The Nielsen Company. Live+SD. 1/1/93-12/5/10. A18-49, AA(000). M-Sa 8P-11P, Su 7P-12A. General Drama. Ad Supported Cable. Entire Series Original Premiere Series Airings Only.

Based on the popular Image Comics’ comic book written by Robert Kirkman, the series premiered on AMC Fearfest Halloween night and immediately became the most watched drama series in cable’s history with 3.5 million viewers. It has thrilled (and chilled) both critics and audiences with its groundbreaking take on the living dead lore. Season 2 of “The Walking Dead” premieres on AMC this fall.

wd_special.jpg

Last edited:
With the mask and such?

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Nice! Why the sad face? Lol

Passed on this even at sale price don't regret it much but would of been nice to pair it with my season 2 head and eventually the tank.

I would love this Badboy. ebay here I come .Damm you get all the best release in the Usa & Canada..lol.. I bought season 2 limited edition zombie head on ebay cost me £70. But worth every penny..

Anyone help me out with getting this from best buy and shipping it to the UK, I would be eternally grateful :)

Wish this was still around new and sealed i seen this few years back but never bothered but would look cool with my growing collection of walking dead stuff.