Multi The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
The-Walking-Dead5.png

Based on Robert Kirkman’s groundbreaking comic book series, The Walking Dead is a five part episodic Adventure Horror game that will be available for digital download this spring for all major gaming platforms.

the-walking-dead-the-game-20120214054650780_640w.jpg

Telling the story of a new group of survivors as they struggle to flee the horror of Atlanta and the surrounding communities consumed by the undead, The Walking Dead offers players the chance to experience the very first days of the apocalypse.

the-walking-dead-the-game-20120214054659442_640w.jpg

Dan Connors, Telltale co-founder and CEO said:​
Telltale has always believed in sharing and interacting with our fans as much as possible as we head towards the launch of a game and Playing Dead is an exciting evolution of that process. I don’t think any other developer or publisher has created anything quite like this before and we really hope that people will enjoy it.

Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead added:​
What’s really exciting is that they’re telling a new story with new characters, so you’ll get to see the same world Rick Grimes did, but now from a different point of view

Here's a teaser trailer for the game...

Attachments

• walkingdead.jpg
    walkingdead.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,414
Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got around to playing Episode 4 and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the last episode now and to see how it all ends. :ohno:

Gamestop in the U.S. will exclusively be releasing a Special Collector's Edition for the disc-based version of this game.

It'll include the 1000-page Compendium that collects the first 48 issues of the comic series and the game, both having exclusive cover art by WD artist Charlie Adlard. They'll be collected within a nice, fancy box.

According to Gamestop, this'll be EXTREMELY LIMITED and available through pre-order ONLY. Click the following links to pre-order:

PS3
XBOX 360

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished episode 5 and let me tell all....... It was an EPIC journey and a Great story :D Funny, Sad, Angry and many more emotions come out while playing this episode. All the decisions made come back around in one way or the other, who lives and who dies. Stay after the credits for an Extra Scene. I will say it again.... EPIC Game from Tell Tale Games, hats off to them:cool:

Hopefully a new season becomes available.... Soon!!

Reactions: Noodles
I'll be sitting down with this episode either tonight or tomorrow evening. I can't wait! Even though I've already paid $20 for the digital version of this game, I'm very tempted to re-buy it in the physical format. Hell, I'm even tempted to order that Gamestop exclusive edition with the fancy Charlie Adlard art. I've played a lot of games this year, but my Game of the Year will go to one of two digital titles; this game or Journey. It's a been great year for digital games! :scat:

Just finished the season and must say it was INCREDIBLE! This is what gaming should be! I absolutely CANNOT wait for season 2!

I'm also extremely excited to watch my brother play this over Xmas break. I played the game making the decisions I would make in real life...

I'll be interested to see how the story is similar and different based on his choices.

I considered playing it again to get the different scenes and stories, but I feel like it's perfect the way it is. I don't want the what ifs... I want the story I was given with the choices that I made, they fit into the comic and show world perfectly.

Reactions: ocielz
is this the same game I played teh first demo of? I wasnt feeling it then but honesty didnt give it much chance .... wasnt feeling the push button stuff.

is this the same game I played teh first demo of? I wasnt feeling it then but honesty didnt give it much chance .... wasnt feeling the push button stuff.

Yeah, same game, man. The controls are pretty weak in this game at times, but the story and the characters are so incredible that you'll get hooked and keep playing no matter what.

Did Episode 5 seem a lot shorter than the others? Not sure if it's just me or not. Anyway, Episode 5 was very good, but not the strongest episode in my opinion.
I enjoyed the parts with Clementine at the end and thought the grindhouse-style zombie street fight was cool. I didn't like that so many plots were left hanging, so hopefully some are followed through in the eventual Season 2 (i.e. Did Kenny die? What happened to *****-girl and short-dude? How did Clem escape the city on her own... and where's this giant field that she's in at the end?). Personally, I would've liked it more if the control was changed to that of Clementine at the end and we controlled her during Lee's final moments. Overall, it was a good end and I can't wait for the second season. I just hope that they work on the commands/controls for the next season.

I've just finished the final episode (with a lump in my throat might I add) and I thought it felt shorter too. As for the clip after the credits...

I kind of like that ending if it is officially the END to those characters, as you can basically make up your own mind from it. Personally I like to think it was Christa and Omid on the hill. :)

Riddle me this Batmen :D

Why were the choices that were being made at the very end with Lee and Clementine being remembered? It kept saying Clementine will remember this and this from what Lee was telling her to do.

Could Season 2 be more focused on Clementine and the last Decisions that Lee, as the player, made?

Reactions: tridon and Noodles