Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 25, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Sold Out)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited To 2000 Copies

11349445-3644427009934414.jpg

11349445-9334427011284135.jpg 11349445-1084427010012111.jpg 11349445-2124427010147735.jpg
11349445-1494427010105114.jpg

Last edited:
Warriors should of been glossed too
Or at least the front 5

Looks ok though

In 1997 which is when Bl-ray was released for the mainstream for movies I owned over 5000 (5k) of DVD (three letter acronyms hrm...) and I threw every single one away with the exception of the westerns which imho look best grainy, especially Clint Eastwood's old stuff.

My Dad still has over 3000 VHS tapes and I had over 2000 DVD's which I gave away to less fortunate people.

Fair enough and sorry everyone for OT discussion, but those screen caps are for reference only, they're always zoomed in to emphasize the difference in definition. When viewed at home there's minimal difference in quality, I've got the Blu-ray for 'Dancer in the Dark' which I believe was shot via a DV camera. Although I choose BR over DVD 95% of the time and from a technical standpoint, you're right, Blu-ray trumps DVD, my eyes resonate best with the DVD for some films. I've seen this discussed on the other forum (wink wink) and many film connoisseurs have preferred this too.

• Thanks
Reactions: severo
Unless it's to do with The Warriors, can we move on from the back and forth Blu-ray vs DVD discussion please. Feel free to take it to PM or even create a separate thread if you wish to continue the conversation. Thanks! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Unless it's to do with The Warriors, can we move on from the back and forth Blu-ray vs DVD discussion please. Feel free to take it to PM or even create a separate thread if you wish to continue the conversation. Thanks! :)

Sorry, I'm rambling again. Bare with me here, but I haven't seen The Warriors before, so I'm really not sure how I wound up here but I'll count this as a blessing for what could be a film I'll love. ;) The steel looks rather nice, is the film any good?

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Sorry, I'm rambling again. Bare with me here, but I haven't seen The Warriors before, so I'm really not sure how I wound up here but I'll count this as a blessing for what could be a film I'll love. ;) The steel looks rather nice, is the film any good?
There's nothing wrong with a little ramble, but I felt everyone had said their piece regarding HD vs SD, so it was time to move things along. :)

Personally The Warriors is one of my favourite films, and I'm saying that as someone who hadn't even properly seen it up until about 5 years ago. I'd seen parts of it during my teens, but I wasn't too impressed at the time as it looked quite cheesy... I don't think I was able to appreciate older films back then though.

So to answer your question... yes, the film is amazing! But others may strongly disagree. I'd say give it a go and make up your own mind anyway. ;)

Ok, so arrived today and saved by the spot glossed title and iconic front poster art from being an also-ran but could have been improved (IMO) by a couple of differences regarding the finish.

In addition, a bit disappointed with the plain Jane grey disc especially when taking into consideration the colourful discs available in the DVD editions but got to admit that the title treatment on the disc is pretty cool though (when you have it in-hand you'll see what I mean).:-
U.K. Blu-ray steelbook 2016 release disc art
The-Warriors-1979-DC-Cd-Cover-88493.jpg

AUSTRALIAN DVD 2008 steelbook release disc art

warriors-open-jpg.10812

Original U.K. 2001 release DVD disc artwork .............................................................................................................. Re-mastered U.K. 2005 release DC DVD disc artwork
7/10

Last edited: