Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 25, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Sold Out)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited To 2000 Copies

11349445-3644427009934414.jpg

11349445-9334427011284135.jpg 11349445-1084427010012111.jpg 11349445-2124427010147735.jpg
11349445-1494427010105114.jpg

Last edited:
Mine turned up this morning and thankfully I love it! So happy to finally have a steelbook for one of my favourite films. :D

The only thing I don't like about it are the marks the glue has left on my slip... STOP USING GLUE!! :angry:

• Thanks
Reactions: DJ IXS
Not sure how you take key art with bottom and side borders and don't at least set it against the respective deboss borders, but it's been obvious for years that they don't pay professional designers to work on steelbooks (save for Mondo), so I'm not surprised. Still OK looking, and will surely feel as uncommonly solid as the previous Paramount releases in this wave have.

Has anyone noticed that? The tin and insert grade seem to be higher with these Paramount steels; they open and close with the same premium feel you get from high-end Asian releases. Garbage slips aside, the steels themselves are quite a deal, and first-release titles to boot.

got mine today. i like the slip, it has a nice matte finish, the art printed on it has a good colour and detail. it is flimsy though. also, be careful when peeling the paper slip off, as the glue can take a bit of the card slip with it. as mine did, a speck.

the steel is really nice too with a matte finish and gloss on the title. again, the detail and colour of the art is really good.

How people fall for this is beyond me. Zavvi love a scare tactic

Interesting how there's always bang on 100 left, or 200 or 300 or 500

They have outdated systems that they manually have to count so I very much doubt each time they decide take a stock count there's miraculously an even number

Pull the other.

Watch, it will sell out tomorrow like clock work and then come back before Christmas and stick around for a 'while' OR it will keep coming in and out in the new year like it's doing the hokey pokey

Sick of those emails

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
How people fall for this is beyond me. Zavvi love a scare tactic

Interesting how there's always bang on 100 left, or 200 or 300 or 500

Sick of those emails

i thought it was suspect the other day how people said they got an email saying there were 300 mad max fury road steels left, then 3 hours later it was sold out.

i simply dont believe it

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
i thought it was suspect the other day how people said they got an email saying there were 300 mad max fury road steels left, then 3 hours later it was sold out.

i simply dont believe it

Oh that will be back and with vengance and I don't mean the classic for a few hours or days after release

No one else has announced it yet and once they do zavvi will be left with over 1000 copies to drop price and try and shift

Their emails are so suspect they may aswell have a bit part on the bill

Their emails should have the disclaimer - "this is purely guess work" lol

Also they have to cancel the scalper orders

(Is the bill still around?)

• Thanks
Reactions: levi
Having recently watched this again after a gap of about ten years - back to back with ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 as it happens - I'd just like to register my thoughts on the comic book inserts that seem to be the main bone of contention with the post 2005 cut of the film and the issue that has taken up the most amount of space in this thread.
Speaking for myself there are no issues with the panels and in IMO they are a clever way of making some of the scene transitions. Anyway, it's not as if they last more than a few seconds at s time (blink and you'll miss them).
To tell the truth I'm very surprised that anyone should consider the panels distracting or that they upset the flow, or are unnecessary interruptions, inappropriate (particularly when considering the director's own vision for his own film as seen briefly in his intro to this release or even that they ruin a very decent little film (LOL).

• Thanks
Reactions: Covcraig
Just got mine yesterday and damnit Zavvi, they used glue smudges to adhere the j-card to the slip. While trying real careful not to peel it off too fast or forceful it still took a little piece from the slip. :wtf: I had to use a magic marker to color in the spot. :squint:

I doubt Zavvi stuck these j-cards to the slips and yes, magic markers are in fact magic :hilarious:

Has anyone in SoCal received this? I received an e-mail it was dispatched on the 25th of November.

My Jessica Jones was dispatched on the 30th and i received that 2 days ago.

Usually my zavvi orders arrived within 2 weeks.

Has anyone in SoCal received this? I received an e-mail it was dispatched on the 25th of November.

My Jessica Jones was dispatched on the 30th and i received that 2 days ago.

Usually my zavvi orders arrived within 2 weeks.

i am also waiting on dozens of zavvi envelopes, ordered on BF. a replacement copy for a "lost in the mail"-steelbook that was sent last week i already received, but still waiting on 90% of my zavvi packages from around 25th.

Awesome steelbook. Pretty impressed with it. The slipcase may not be super quality and the same image, but it is still a nice bonus.

Having recently watched this again after a gap of about ten years - back to back with ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 as it happens - I'd just like to register my thoughts on the comic book inserts that seem to be the main bone of contention with the post 2005 cut of the film and the issue that has taken up the most amount of space in this thread.
Speaking for myself there are no issues with the panels and in IMO they are a clever way of making some of the scene transitions. Anyway, it's not as if they last more than a few seconds at s time (blink and you'll miss them).
To tell the truth I'm very surprised that anyone should consider the panels distracting or that they upset the flow, or are unnecessary interruptions, inappropriate (particularly when considering the director's own vision for his own film as seen briefly in his intro to this release or even that they ruin a very decent little film (LOL).

Which of the two movies do you prefer..........after watching them back to back?

Sold out for now
Yeah, sold out for now but i don't know how many times i've seen this and then it comes back in stock again. I think they mean that it's out of stock (OOS) for now. But i just don't get why zavvi can't just show something as OOS instead of showing as Sold Out. Thats DOES raise suspicion in people........and rightly so! To me, if an item is gone and stock won't be replaced, THEN it's Sold Out. If the current stock is Sold Out but the item will be back in stock again, then they should say "Out of Stock"........or currently Out of Stock. Stuff like this DOES make people question Zavvis practices. Look at the 30 days of night Zavvi exclusive steelbook, limited to 2000 (initially?) Well, that has been in and out of more times than i can remember, for a couple years now if i remember correctly. You just end up thinking, "C'MOOOON!!"

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012