S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: June 1st 2015
Price: 499nok > Approx: £43.07 > €58.28 > $66.32
Purchase links: platekompaniet.no , cdon.no
Notes: these retailers only ship within Norway.

the_wire_complete_box_-_season_1-5_blu-ray_20_disc_nordic-27431518-frntl.jpg

the_wire_complete_box_-_season_1-5_blu-ray_20_disc_nordic-27431518-bckl.jpg

Last edited:
What is it with these Nordic prices compared to other countries? On base.com this is listed at €108.39. What was the price on amz.uk before it became "currently unavailable"? @luke98

Same as with The Sopranos wich is now 449nok (£38.75) on cdon.no and still £89.95 on amz.uk!

Last edited:
Be aware that the aspect ratio on this set is 'adjusted' for 16x9. Unlike most 4:3 aspect ratio 'push-ins' for adjustment to 16x9 (FX's The Simpsons & BBC AMERICA's Star Trek:TNG cutting of the tops of heads)- The Wire appears to have had 'TV-Safe Action area' with a 'soft' Matte. Which means areas to the left and right of the frame will be unmasked, revealing part of the image that was never seen in 4:3. Apparently they had no issues with crew, lights, or equipment in these areas that have been revealed. (That is the case a lot of the time when removing a soft matte, as this was an area never meant to be seen.)
See David Simon's site for more in depth explanation.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dirtyoak and spass
What is it with these Nordic prices compared to other countries? On base.com this is listed at €108.39. What was the price on amz.uk before it became "currently unavailable"? @luke98

Same as with The Sopranos wich is now 449nok (£38.75) on cdon.no and still £89.95 on amz.uk!

it's the loooong and dark winters - time to watch excellent blu's.

:naughty:

ps. lets not complain ...

Reactions: C.C. 95
wohoo guys, thanks for the hint!

the scandinavian prices on tv show box-sets are so hot at the moment. i just ordered "sopranos" complete series at discshop.se.... it's the price i was waiting for several months now (60€ was my personal price limit).
i think i will also place an order for "the wire" and "boardwalk empire" complete boxsets. :)

Reactions: spass
OP updated with actual artwork. :thumbs:

Btw, is there a way to edit the thumbnail picture? When I deleted the old one there's now nothing showing.

@tridon @Sigill

@spass when you put a picture in the thread it should usually update itself to be the new thumbnail. Sometimes though the old image stays there and needs deleting. Just let me know and I can fix it for you if it happens again!:thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: spass
Added to the OP @luke98 . Thanks mate.

I see I never answered you question about the DVD set. Did you go for it? I have the dvd's of the 3 first seasons (I borrowed S4-5 off a mate back when I watched the show for the first time). If I were you I wouldn't bother with the DVD boxset now that it's under a month until this gets released. :)

Reactions: luke98
Added to the OP @luke98 . Thanks mate.

I see I never answered you question about the DVD set. Did you go for it? I have the dvd's of the 3 first seasons (I borrowed S4-5 off a mate back when I watched the show for the first time). If I were you I wouldn't bother with the DVD boxset now that it's under a month until this gets released. :)
No i wait for Bluray

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches