[CANCELLED] The Wolf Of Wall Street (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #13) [Korea]

Which lenticular artwork you would like to see

• candidate #1

Votes: 98 55.1%
  • candidate #2

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • None of above

Votes: 50 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: June
oversea only.
artwork: WEA, TBA

Personally I love Geek Tragedy artwork below.
5z5t.jpg

Status: Approval stage. but Paramount asked kimchidvd to use back artwork as UK/German artwork so now Kimchi tried to change the back artwork
Lenticular candidate #1
223020405292EA09065A1F

Lenticular candidate #2
245A313F5292E9D919C956

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 218
Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think Lenti's only belong or work with certain types of films, IE Family movies. Would have preferred a full gloss slip with clear case like Leon for this. :D

I agree with you. I just meant as far as slips in general go, lenti.

1/4 slip is just asking to be tossed

I've not seen the film yet so not sure if its worth a double dip...

If you havent seen the film, i suggest you rent it first. Its 3 hours movie and after you watch it, you will decide if you want to douple dip or just get one version.

I loved this movie but each one has different taste :cool:

Reactions: XXHAPPY GILMORE
Even if you may end up preferring the Kimchi version there's no guarantee you'll actually be able to get it ;)

So glad I held off buying the standard rubbish that's been released thus far.

:alien:

Indeed you do not possess the "standard" UK edition, because there's many adjectives that can be used to describe it, and "rubbish" is far from being one of them :thumbs:

High gloss, great, symbolic art choices with the flag and the dollars (btw, why the hell would an actual wolf be on the steelbook like on Czech version?), fantastic debossing on the front AND the back (so yes, some might say it feels a bit flimsy because of this, given the end result I'm willing to accept that completely), bright yellow, a worthy addition to Universal's great streak :drool: (especially their Kick Ass 2 / The World's End one-two punch of last November).

For £19.79 (€24.79, which is basically half of what the Kimchi lenticular is going to cost when shipping is factored in, and that's with the cheapest method), that's just great, and no way is Kimchi's edition going to be literally twice as good.

The double standard here is appalling, like the rather enthusiastic response to Kimchi's matte, dark Snowpiercer, with no art on the steelbook but an embossed logo on the front (though the only real enthusiasm I'm seeing is for the lenticular, which is the cover of the silk varnish French Snowpiercer...). Had it been the UK, France, Germany, Zavvi, it would have been trashed, rolled in the mud and thrown off a cliff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.