[CANCELLED] The Wolf Of Wall Street (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #13) [Korea]

Which lenticular artwork you would like to see

• candidate #1

Votes: 98 55.1%
  • candidate #2

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • None of above

Votes: 50 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: June
oversea only.
artwork: WEA, TBA

Personally I love Geek Tragedy artwork below.
5z5t.jpg

Status: Approval stage. but Paramount asked kimchidvd to use back artwork as UK/German artwork so now Kimchi tried to change the back artwork
Lenticular candidate #1
223020405292EA09065A1F

Lenticular candidate #2
245A313F5292E9D919C956

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 217
Last edited by a moderator:
:alien:

Indeed you do not possess the "standard" UK edition, because there's many adjectives that can be used to describe it, and "rubbish" is far from being one of them :thumbs:

High gloss, fantastic embossing on the front / debossing on the back, bright yellow, a worthy addition to Universal's great streak :drool: (especially their Kick Ass 2 / The World's End one-two punch of last November).

For £19.79 (€24.79, which is basically half of what the Kimchi lenticular is going to cost when shipping is factored in, and that's with the cheapest method), that's just great, and no way is Kimchi's edition going to be literally twice as good.

The double standard here is appalling, like the enthusiastic response to Kimchi's matte, dark Snowpiercer, with no art on the steelbook but an embossed logo on the front (though the only real enthusiasm I'm seeing is for the lenticular, which is the cover of the silk varnish French Snowpiercer...). Had it been the UK, France, Germany, Zavvi, it would have been trashed, rolled in the mud and thrown off a cliff.

I'm sorry if my post offended you in any way. Maybe my selection of wording was poor, however, I have found all TWOWS releases so far, to be dull and uninspiring. I can not level the same accusation at Kimchi, they raise the bar with regards to product design, packaging & accessory extras, and I expect this release to be no different.

Last edited:
Why is the UK steel subjected to so much hate on here. Am I the only one that liked it? :dunno:

Still looking forward to see the Kimchi steel. :LOL:

Reactions: Ranavalone
Why is the UK steel subjected to so much hate on here. Am I the only one that liked it? :dunno:

The UK release is a great looking steel, I like everything about it. Would've preferred bright yellow color instead of mustard, but for me it's near perfect as it is.
Still looking forward to see the Kimchi steel. :LOL:

Me, too :D

I doubt it'll get cancelled, it just seems like everything is behind the schedule, they need to get Perfume and Memento out of the way and still need to ship Snowpiercer and Infernal Affairs. So once at least a couple of them are out the way we'll probably get an update.

Reactions: meth head
Which worldwide release? From my understanding there have been a few different artworks

Ok, to be more precise the German, Spanish, UK, blabla aka European except Czech version ;)

Hate to discredit other country's versions like it is often done with Thor that is referred to as the UK version constantly although it's a worldwide release except for the data card

Thanks for the post choi excited of hearing the release for this on kimchi thanks for the info mate...

Status
Not open for further replies.