The Wolverine (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #2) [Czech/Slovakia]

May 25, 2013
Release date: September 9, 2016
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 999 CZK
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

received_1411304198886130.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I went for this due to low print run and oh boy this is quite expensive. At least it has all the discs. Remember buying the HMV release for 10 or 12.5 and even helping Ninjas securing some copies at cost. We want those good old days back.
@Igans316 going for a 'drab WWA steelbook dressed up in a piece of cardboard'??!!

Wonders will never cease!! :p

Reactions: lgans316
I agree with a lot of the criticism aimed at Black Barons but it is not really any different from what Film Arena have been doing for the last couple of years yet there doesn't seem to be the same backlash towards Film Arena.
Film Arena mostly release new titles though. And they weren't this expensive on their second exclusive.

Granted they are slowly but surely rising their prices the last few releases though.

Anyways, it's a moot point I guess because there will always be people who will jump on these and they will sell out either way. And the companies know this.

If this included one disc, it would cost 799 CZK, but each additional disc is 100 CZK, so it's 999 CZK. Still the truth is, when Filmarena released their first FAC 3D release Exodus, yes, it cost the same 999 CZK, but it had more overall content.

• Thanks
Reactions: Maximus15
If that's the case then it should of been a non starter imo. Maybe this collection is as a lot of people are saying to just clear the dead wood

I personally missed out on the first 30 or so releases from FA so I saw this as a great opportunity for me and many others to have the chance to collect from the start of a collection if we wanted to :(
Yes the same here I know a few new collectors who was very happy FilmArena had started this collection and was really looking forward to getting them all! Despite all the negative feed back from the old guard who seem to to be against anything new just because it's a WWA steelbook or whatever!

• Thanks
Reactions: Lewis Watts
I agree with a lot of the criticism aimed at Black Barons but it is not really any different from what Film Arena have been doing for the last couple of years yet there doesn't seem to be the same backlash towards Film Arena.

There's plenty of backlash against FilmArena...they are slowly jacking up prices with no extra goodies, shipping prices are ridiculous on their website (ok they can't control that, but it definitely hurts), no innovation (after two years they are thinking about trying a 3D depth lenti...), and adding slips to dump old steelbook stock and convince their diehard fans to buy them. They are also trying to control the 3rd party market and black listing anyone who sells their items on eBay (not just resellers). Also black listing anyone who says anything bad about them. Somehow they've built up a large fan base in a couple years and since they know these fans will buy anything they produce, they can't do any wrong.

Now with this price hike, I'm already committed to the GB and the atrocious price. I already have the steelbook. I definitely would not pay $40 for a slip cover!!!

Don't know about everyone else but I am still at this stage with FAC :D They are still cheaper than any other premium retailer so I'm not complaining, just goes to show what they can accomplish with less investment and/or taking less profit from the collectors :angel:

I'm feeling like I want this, but then there's that price, so I don't actually want this... :D Don't really want to pay extra for any extra discs for a film I own already on 3D and everything. Also I just realized that these editions are numbered (FilmArena is good in a way that I can buy or skip any edition without worrying about numbers, I don't keep them at the same place anyway), so I guess I'll just probably skip. Sigh.

Now with this price hike, I'm already committed to the GB and the atrocious price. I already have the steelbook. I definitely would not pay $40 for a slip cover!!!

Living proof that GB's should not open until a price is provided.

Imagine blindly going into a supermarket for Corn Flakes only for the cashier to ring up whatever price they want at the checkout afterwards.

You wouldn't stand for it, so why should it fly here?

Surely they could have held off the GB a bit longer? Karel announced the price only a couple of hours after it went live........

Can I just ask what is the one main selling point of this, I am really intrigued, to me this is the HMV Release [steelbook] just plain old flat, if I recall, so is it the extras that come with this, and the fact it is from FA, Please don't get me wrong I am not complaining about others buying this, its just the cost and all, for something that was available a while ago for a reasonable price, it seems buyers are more wanting a super Lenticular different slips etc, but the steels is the same.......:shy:

Huggsy

The guys have been always very good at cooperating with the members. If someone feels they need to back out after finding out what the price is, they can simply PM @Collector03601 and inform him of the reason or they can just edit their original post to say they dont want it anymore.

As mentioned several times before, FA/BB doesn't always give Karel enough time and sometimes the GBs need to start asap.

Can I just ask what is the one main selling point of this, I am really intrigued, to me this is the HMV Release [steelbook] just plain old flat, if I recall, so is it the extras that come with this, and the fact it is from FA, Please don't get me wrong I am not complaining about others buying this, its just the cost and all, for something that was available a while ago for a reasonable price, it seems buyers are more wanting a super Lenticular different slips etc, but the steels is the same.......:shy:

Huggsy

Simply put the goodies and the low print run. HMV one touched 12.5 which is the 1/3rd the price of this edition.