The Wolverine (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #2) [Czech/Slovakia]

May 25, 2013
Release date: September 9, 2016
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 999 CZK
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

received_1411304198886130.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
offer it as single disc for 799 czk and I wouldn't be remotely interested. Give me all 3 discs fully loaded for +200 czk any day of the week.

GB open, go for it :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I agree. I think a rule change is needed.
When i signed up I just expected it for be around the same price give or take a few pounds.

I agree with you if the price was going to significantly higher but without this group buy this release would be unobtainable for me so I don't mind if the price isn't posted in the gb and is only a few pounds more.

That doesn't mean though that I would be happy with FA withholding the price from Karel and the collector for every group buy to find out the price was increasing each time lol

Is this really limited to only 400 made? Because there's 205 replies on the GB for this...:dunno:

I was thinking about joining the GB for this as my collectible number isn't low enough, but the slip just doesn't do much for me and the price is ridiculously high.
The steel itself I already have and can be bought from the bay for under £10 shipped whilst this would cost me £45 in shipping. Really? £35 for the slip and extras? I can buy a blufans WEA steel with extras for that price. In fact all my Blufans have been that price or thereabouts.
So a definite no from me and won't be getting any others if they don't improve.

Reactions: lgans316
It looks like Film Arena is going to do essentially with Black Barons what Blufans started as there OAB line of steelbooks. I have not seen the Terminator edition yet in person but if it looks in person like the picture, a super premium embossed Full Slip, then I'm okay with it. This will only work if they keep it to no more than around 5 releases year, the Full Slips look great, and keep the print runs low. 750 for the Terminator was a bit to high, 300-500 like Blufans sees right, otherwise it ends up as just another FAC release without all the extra goodies for the same price and becomes silly. If FA do close what I'm saying I'm excited, this Wolverine Full Slip looks pretty sick. I hope it looks even better in hand.

I was thinking about joining the GB for this as my collectible number isn't low enough, but the slip just doesn't do much for me and the price is ridiculously high.
The steel itself I already have and can be bought from the bay for under £10 shipped whilst this would cost me £45 in shipping. Really? £35 for the slip and extras? I can buy a blufans WEA steel with extras for that price. In fact all my Blufans have been that price or thereabouts.
So a definite no from me and won't be getting any others if they don't improve.

I agree, it is way WAY ott -as are Blufans for my tastes (and given very low overheads in China), no matter how appealing they are.

But I digress. Wolverine, a stock steel, with just a slip and a few small cards: the price is scandalous. I'm also very tempted to say "so what" to the notion that it is limited to 400.

Well that is Two Bbs down and not remotely tempted to part with the hard-earned . . . . third time lucky ?

• Thanks
Reactions: Jhadur
Robber Barons Collection

Pleased we can agree on something.

What surprises most is how many flocked to sign up for it.

I got the steel way back from Amazon.it - one of their bargain pre-order prices - and couldn't justify so much money for so little overall; 400 or no 400.

Frankly it shouldn't have been more than 699 plus gb costs.

Blimey, 999CZK :wow: I thought this was going to come in at 799...The BBC is becoming to be a very Premium Label :wow:

We shouldn't be able to say that just because a retailer puts a slipbox over a steelbook and throws in art cards or a booklet, that it becomes a premium product from a premium label.

This is not a premium product, this is FilmArena strucking a deal with some guys to clear their warehouse from unsold steelbooks. And you know what, why not, but they have the gall to ask for 999 CZK? 699 CZK would've been okay, it doesn't have to be 100CZK per disc, this is clearly a rip-off.

Why is anyone supporting this? If you want this steelbook that bad it's available elsewhere for cheap (personally I got the French one which has an exclusive lenticular magnet for €27- obviously sold out now but I think the WWA can be found), front of the slipbox is cool but it's not 999 CZK-cool.

Exodus cost 899CZK not 999CZK

And Exodus was new at the time, and had more content (lenticular magnet, etc). 899 CZK didn't seem out of line. No, here they have no excuse, it's even worse than FAC's 899 CZK for Independance Day.

Last edited:
Well, if you are not happy with the price go buy something else. Black Barons is in a business to make money so they have to take care of the overhead costs and of course, to make money.

Personally, if I can't afford it and I really want it then I will have to find a way to be able to afford it. Talking s___ about the price is counter productive for me.