The Wolverine (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #2) [Czech/Slovakia]

May 25, 2013
Release date: September 9, 2016
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 999 CZK
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

received_1411304198886130.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if you are not happy with the price go buy something else. Black Barons is in a business to make money so they have to take care of the overhead costs and of course, to make money.

Personally, if I can't afford it and I really want it then I will have to find a way to be able to afford it. Talking s___ about the price is counter productive for me.

If everyone followed this logic it would be a free-for-all with retailers charging ridiculous prices.

Well, if you are not happy with the price go buy something else. Black Barons is in a business to make money so they have to take care of the overhead costs and of course, to make money.

Personally, if I can't afford it and I really want it then I will have to find a way to be able to afford it. Talking s___ about the price is counter productive for me.
There is no doubt that this is overpriced and a blatant cash grab and there is nothing wrong in complaining about it.

It's supply and demand. If they provide a product at a certain price and the demand is enough, they will keep charging that price. I have a feeling that they will keep upping the price until they find that upper limit of what steelbook collectors are willing to pay for a slip cover and some post cards.

Economics 101. Even Orange is the New Black gets it.

200_s.gif

If everyone followed this logic it would be a free-for-all with retailers charging ridiculous prices.

Where did I say they should charge ridiculous prices? Reading and understanding are two different things. I said they are in a business of making money not charging ridiculous prices. I am assuming that they are charging a higher price due to unavoidable circumstances. I am sure they are not charging a higher price just to rip all of us.

Did I say that it is wrong to complain? I said it is counter-productive for me. If you want to complain all day long then no one is stopping you.
That is exactly what you implied when you replied to @snoolui. If it is only counter-productive to you then it shouldnt bother you that the majority feel its overpriced.
Your faith in Black Barons ethics is quite touching but out of touch with reality.

Let's move this along guys. Anyone is entitled to share their opinions.

In the event that FA/BB are not reading these posts, it would be wise to email them or contact them on their Facebook page - where they seem quite active - and voice these concerns. Who knows, they might listen if enough people say something.

That is exactly what you implied when you replied to @snoolui. If it is only counter-productive to you then it shouldn't bother you that the majority feel its overpriced.
Your faith in Black Barons ethics is quite touching but out of touch with reality.

You are assuming too much. For the record I wasn't even responding to anyone. You are reading between the lines. Don't put words into my mouth. I never said, "it did not bother me," I just said to myself, I wouldn't talk s___ since it is counter-productive for me.

I think you're missing the point slightly. Black Barons is Film Arena with a different hat - 'overheads' are already covered.

I'm afraid it may be talking'sh+t to you to complain about the price, but for very many people it is an issue; especially when you have old stock steelbooks dressed up with a slip, booklet and a half dozen small cards, and they proceed to ask more than were you buying a newly released film with a better overall package.

In short it is a rip-off, as has already bene pointed out by Hub and others. And 400 people have helped perpetuate this into another release, and another potential rip-off . . . .

Fair play if you want it. Personally I do like the slipcover; but at that price, with a steel I already own - thanks, but no thanks.

I think you're missing the point slightly. Black Barons is Film Arena with a different hat - 'overheads' are already covered.

I'm afraid it may be talking'sh+t to you to complain about the price, but for very many people it is an issue; especially when you have old stock steelbooks dressed up with a slip, booklet and a half dozen small cards, and they proceed to ask more than were you buying a newly released film with a better overall package.

In short it is a rip-off, as has already bene pointed out by Hub and others. And 400 people have helped perpetuate this into another release, and another potential rip-off . . . .

Fair play if you want it. Personally I do like the slipcover; but at that price, with a steel I already own - thanks, but no thanks.

I get your point. But it is what it is and we are buying it. If you want, we can have a stand and boycott the releases to force them to price them "reasonably." Is that the stand of everyone complaining of the price? Boycott Black Barons or are they just complaining now then buying them later?

I get your point. But it is what it is and we are buying it. If you want, we can have a stand and boycott the releases to force them to price them "reasonably." Is that the stand of everyone complaining of the price? Boycott Black Barons or are they just complaining now then buying them later?

Ah now you make a good point. A good few people have been a complete dichotomy on FACs , declaring hate and then buying etc.
Personally not a boycott as such. If they come up with something I want, and it's priced reasonably, I'll buy.

If, collectively, enough people felt strongly enough, then a petition could be raised and signed by all interested parties. FA could and woudl be informed one way or another.

Whoo wants to start it?

Not me, I get into enough trouble without even trying :)

I never grabbed the WWA steel, and it's pretty pricey to obtain these days here in the States ($35 for the French release with reversed spine and French title, and $40 for the vanilla WWA release). So speaking personally, this release is very appealing. The slip looks gorgeous, and it comes with the other usual goodies for little more than I'd pay for a bare bones copy here in the States.

I think it's really tricky bringing up the concept of value when considering collectibles. This release is very limited at 400 copies, which doesn't really factor into my purchase decision, but others do find a lot of value in that (monetary, or otherwise). 999 CZK isn't cheap, but it's not outlandish. Over 200 people have already claimed copies in the group buy and I doubt they would've signed up if they thought they were being ripped off. A lot of users already have the WWA release this ships with, so perhaps the slip and other goodies are not worth the added cost of this release to them, but for some it is.

Unless another retailer bangs out a WEA steel, I imagine this will be the definitive release for The Wolverine. I, for one, am glad it's been made available.

Last edited:
has anyone heard the news black barons are starting up a collectable numbers like fa for bb releases from now on, you have to sign up on there email.

preview about it all below

basil :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Maximus15
has anyone heard the news black barons are starting up a collectable numbers like fa for bb releases from now on, you have to sign up on there email.

preview about it all below

basil :thumbs:

I assume you're joking. BB has been using FAC's collectible numbers.

I don't care much that this edition costs 200 more, but I don't like that the group buy price includes VAT/Tax.
Every 799czk edition actually costs 620-660 (depending on additional discount of each member), and this one is about 780 instead of 999.
EVERYONE signing up for it is from another country, so they should add their fees of 124 to 660 or 800, not to 800 or 1000. :meh:

Also I don't get it about shipping prices. Group buy price is just about 400+ for a couple editions, while the Filmarena website charges a minimum of 950! So they subtract tax but add almost 500 for shipping.
In GB they offer cheaper, real price of the shipping but add up about 150-200 in tax.
Wish they'd just settle on an honest straight forward price without lying.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: K.i.T