Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 10th, 2014
Purchase link: The Wrestler
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

11029396-1413201476-495378.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They're really going OTT with releases, not every film needs a steelbook re-release! (Or re-re-re-release in 'many cases' - see what I did there :naughty::hilarious:)

Due to the volume of releases these days, I for one now only buy steelbooks for films which I believe to be 'worthy' of a steelbook. So Marvel / DC stuff, true 'classics', animated Disney I would say count (not that I buy them), but perhaps not Pixar... I don't know, just feels like they'll throw anything out there these days and most end up on the cheap anyway. They would do better on sales for these catalogue releases if they sold them all at £9.99 straight away. There's a lot to be said for a quick trun around of stock!

Am I the only one who thinks like that? Each to their own I guess... Anyway, enjoy the film! lol

I also agree, it's become ridiculous the amount of titles getting a release, just for the sake of it. I have to say I was a victim of buying steels just because they were in that format, now I only buy new releases that I know I'll enjoy and back cat titles that I really enjoy. Studio Canal have had a lot of poor steels, this doesn't look great, although I believe the movie itself is meant to be very good.

They're really going OTT with releases, not every film needs a steelbook re-release! (Or re-re-re-release in 'many cases' - see what I did there :naughty::hilarious:)

Due to the volume of releases these days, I for one now only buy steelbooks for films which I believe to be 'worthy' of a steelbook. So Marvel / DC stuff, true 'classics', animated Disney I would say count (not that I buy them), but perhaps not Pixar... I don't know, just feels like they'll throw anything out there these days and most end up on the cheap anyway. They would do better on sales for these catalogue releases if they sold them all at £9.99 straight away. There's a lot to be said for a quick trun around of stock!

Am I the only one who thinks like that? Each to their own I guess... Anyway, enjoy the film! lol

Agreed. It would be more suitable if they spaced them out more, build some hype for their next exclusive.

Most of these titles sadly will hit the bargain bin and I think the only reason why Zavvi don't sell them at £9.99 is because they know a certain few of us will bite at the high price.

Zavvi is saturated with steelbooks, I'm sure come Christmas we'll have to face the price drop rapture of all the non-sold out releases, which just happens to be most of 'em. EEK!

Reactions: levi
One argument would be who are we to decide what does and doesn't constitue a steelbook release

That will always be an issue and is obviously subjective. For instance lots of people will thinks Transformers 5 or other big tentpole blockbusters deserve steelbooks, whereas I think they are a waste of steel (with exceptions, such as Marvel).

The Wrestler is a fine film and worthy of a steelbook, but maybe not 3 of them.

its seems that its criminal for zavvi to re-release a steelbook that already has a good one,i don't see the same kind of comments on certain asian retailers who re-release things.
Think it's more down to the quality control (or lack of) in Zavvi releases- Know this is the studios fault and not Zavvi, but I get so underwhelmed hearing a new release steelbook only to see a totally lacklustre design.

Think it's more down to the quality control (or lack of) in Zavvi releases- Know this is the studios fault and not Zavvi, but I get so underwhelmed hearing a new release steelbook only to see a totally lacklustre design.
you said it right though,it's not zavvi. they just sell it. of course they are going to jump at an opportunity to make some money

Reactions: Andycadle84
Honestly, I've always wanted this artwork on a steelbook that didn't have German text all over it (it's what I wish Plain Archive had gone with), but they ruined it by changing the font. I'm happy with my Plain Archive steel.

MPW-45046

its seems that its criminal for zavvi to re-release a steelbook that already has a good one,i don't see the same kind of comments on certain asian retailers who re-release things.

That's because the Asian retailers take the opportunity to improve on previous releases, unlike this one which is going in the opposite direction.

you said it right though,it's not zavvi. they just sell it. of course they are going to jump at an opportunity to make some money
I think this is a bad business decision for Zavvi as the fans of the movie would have already got the plain archive release and I doubt many of them will double dip

I have the Canadian release, perfectly happy with that. Would have to be amazing for me to buy a second edition, although this one won't have the bilingual spine.

Cool, Ive been cutting back on Asian releases as there are far too many of them. So i don't have this on steel.
I will be happy to pick it up for £5.99 after christmas

this is one release nobody really needs... it's not a blockbuster title, there is also the german steelbook for the collectors that want to buy cheap, or the flawless and great looking PA release. i cannot see many people ordering this.