Completed The X-Files (Season 11) [FOX]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
12347798_934481149922952_6109290659968740041_n.png

It’s official! After months of speculation, THE X-FILES will return to FOX in the form of a six-episode event series. Thirteen years after the original series wrapped (plus two films released theatrically), THE X-FILES creator/executive producer Chris Carter will helm the new series alongside returning stars, David Duchovny (Fox Mulder) and Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully).

Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman as well as Carter made the announcement earlier today, stating that the new series will begin production this summer. No further details were discussed, but with the production start-date so close, expect additional news to come to light rather soon.

Said Newman and Walden of returning to the world of Mulder and Scully:

We had the privilege of working with Chris on all nine seasons of THE X-FILES — one of the most rewarding creative experiences of our careers — and we couldn’t be more excited to explore that incredible world with him again. THE X-FILES was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture – yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning. Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as THE X-FILES and we’re ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they’ve been waiting for.

THE X-FILES originally aired in September 1993 and continued on for nine years, winning numerous awards including Emmys, Golden Globes and a Peabody. A certified sci-fi phenomenon, the show followed the unexplained cases of FBI Agents Mulder and Scully as they solved mysteries and crimes related to the paranormal and unknown.

Attachments

• xfiles11.jpg
    xfiles11.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,858
Last edited by a moderator:
The wait is just too much for me. I mean X-Files, the first modern classic of tv shows. I can still remember watching it on french tv with bad dubbing, ad breaks and incorrect order (they were showing 2/3 episodes one night every week, including reruns always putting the supposedly "violent" episodes last which made it hard to follow… but hey, the truth was out there!) It felt weird to watch Muld… Duchovny in Californication. But now, I will maybe think of Hank Moody when Mulder comes back!! Gillian Anderson is great in The Fall on the BBC but it will be such a pleasure to see them together again.
I hope they do not focus too much on old stories but open new horizons.

• Informative
Reactions: PunkNinja
The wait is just too much for me. I mean X-Files, the first modern classic of tv shows. I can still remember watching it on french tv with bad dubbing, ad breaks and incorrect order (they were showing 2/3 episodes one night every week, including reruns always putting the supposedly "violent" episodes last which made it hard to follow… but hey, the truth was out there!) It felt weird to watch Muld… Duchovny in Californication. But now, I will maybe think of Hank Moody when Mulder comes back!! Gillian Anderson is great in The Fall on the BBC but it will be such a pleasure to see them together again.
I hope they do not focus too much on old stories but open new horizons.
In the new mini series they might reveal that
Mulder is an alien :confused::D

Reactions: balbedoch