Release date: 7th of December, 2015
Purchase link:
Zavvi
Amazon
Price: £109.99
Note: Use code BIGSPENDERZ to drop down to £99.99
11181491-1764333214465967.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one Christmas present I'd definitely like to own, but as is usually the way of things, i'll wait for the price drop in 2016.

I am just a little worried about errors and problems on the discs, after the Star Trek TNG season 1 fiasco, I held off buying until it was obvious the next seasons were ok. It's an awful lots of discs to get right..and so much that can go wrong..

I'm currently watching this on DVD season 4, watched 'Home', today, awful episode, like Hills Have Eyes and Texas Chainsaw Massacre turned into a gross out crap fest. It'll look awesome in HD Blu-ray.....:)
I didn't even think about any potential errors/problems with the discs! Haha, "Home" is one of my favourite episodes!

Available for pre-order now at HMV for £119.99 : store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray/the-x-files-complete-seasons-1-9
Zavvi's price has gone up again, this time to £129.99.

I love the look of the set and as i've already got the movies in a steelbook the content is fine, but as i'd prefer to have it ordered with amazon i'll wait for a price drop

That's what I"m hoping because that is easily the best deal going. Yes the French one may seem cheaper but once P&P is added, it's way over the £100

cancelled mine at £130 to high, the price was set by zavvi at £100 but as per amazons usual antics there scalping like mad men and the other retailer are taking advantage and are milking it good. so pass for me.

This will definatley be a wait until later set, it will be £60 in 6 months

agreed esp at amazon since the hive.co.uk is £10 cheaper and base is £5 cheaper add to which both do vouchers and top cashback, then there's the zavvi orders already in @£99 most of the sales will go to them, now zavvi are at £130 like amazon but unlike amazon the have vouchers and top cashback then they have plenty of sales on, amazon don't even have price match anymore, and don't get me started on the spend £20 before postage is free thing, amazon are getting well outta hand which is why 90% of my shopping for xmas this year is not being done on amazon.
They need a good hard shake or something to scare then into waking the f**k up.
between this and in the U.S. the walking dead ltd edition at $135 GIVE ME A BREAK greed pure greed because its n exclusive they think they can charge what they please, last years set was $80 release day :mad: :angry: :punch:

Reactions: thewoe
I would imagine it would be just a case of returning that disc from that specific season set and getting a new one. Something that can be done easily as CBS showed with the Star Trek NG Season 1 set. A potential disaster that was handled superbly and showed how to respond to a problem.

Oh dear, I am so close to buying it now! It's the customs that's currently holding me back. I know that will hit me hard.