Release date: 7th of December, 2015
Purchase link:
Zavvi
Amazon
Price: £109.99
Note: Use code BIGSPENDERZ to drop down to £99.99
11181491-1764333214465967.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure it will be release in individual seasons and re-release the complete set with and after the new mini series.

I'm pretty sure it will be release in individual seasons and re-release the complete set with and after the new mini series.

No doubt, but even so this set comes with space for the new series, so wether you go for this or the individuals or the next set you wont miss out :)

No doubt, but even so this set comes with space for the new series, so wether you go for this or the individuals or the next set you wont miss out :)
I'm not sold on the packaging on this set so I'm hoping that the next set will have a better packaging.
I think the complete dvd set has way better artwork than this one.

I'm not sold on the packaging on this set so I'm hoping that the next set will have a better packaging.
I think the complete dvd set has way better artwork than this one.

I have the individual sets on dvd and i actually prefer the dvd sets artwork and the fact you get a booklet with each season.

But after watching through the HD seasons on netflix the video quality is just outstanding and convinced me to upgrade to this set.

• Informative
Reactions: PunkNinja
I have the individual sets on dvd and i actually prefer the dvd sets artwork and the fact you get a booklet with each season.

But after watching through the HD seasons on netflix the video quality is just outstanding and convinced me to upgrade to this set.
I have the complete dvd set and I hope the next release will be remastered in 4K

I have the complete dvd set and I hope the next release will be remastered in 4K

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/7468/remastering-the-files-hd-jim-hardy-ceo-illuminate/index.html

That wont happen for a good long while. The guys who remastered it at Illuminate studios scanned the original negatives of the series at 1920x1080. They would have done it in 4K if fox asked them but as they said in the article i linked it would have been very complicated and a long process.

Its taken years to get a 1080p set, i wouldnt hold your breath for 4K anytime soon.

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/7468/remastering-the-files-hd-jim-hardy-ceo-illuminate/index.html

That wont happen for a good long while. The guys who remastered it at Illuminate studios scanned the original negatives of the series at 1920x1080. They would have done it in 4K if fox asked them but as they said in the article i linked it would have been very complicated and a long process.

Its taken years to get a 1080p set, i wouldnt hold your breath for 4K anytime soon.
Well Fox just love that cause that's one more selling point to cash in. This version, then the next set with the new mini series, then the individual releases probably with slipcases or digipaks, then the 4K version even though it's not really in 4K just like most other 4K releases.

Very very few films never mind TV shows are done in 4k. Most films are just 2k. upscaled. Unless the "film" is actually shot on film like 35mm or 70mm very few are actually 4k. That's why the "New" 4K blu-ray format is a joke. With the exception of I think 2 films most of the new forthcoming releases aren't even 4k native but upscaling from 2 or 3K.

Just arrived from rakuten. Absoloutley gorgeous set, my set has the season 8 black crush issue though so ive emailed them.

My set is on the way from Zavvi. Can't wait.

Especially as I'm enjoying the new mini series. Here in Ireland we get it 2 days after the U.S. :)

3 episodes in and it's awesome. Makes me realise how much I loved the show to begin with......

Received my replacement Season 8 discs from Fox this morning and can confirm the black crush issue is gone. Happy days....:woot:

Note: I emailed them on boxing day so this is probably why I have received them the same time as some of the US customers have been reporting. As far as I can see in comparison to the original discs these are new prints. Shadow detail is back and the very dark picture, black crush is gone....:)

Received my replacement Season 8 discs from Fox this morning and can confirm the black crush issue is gone. Happy days....:woot:

Note: I emailed them on boxing day so this is probably why I have received them the same time as some of the US customers have been reporting. As far as I can see in comparison to the original discs these are new prints. Shadow detail is back and the very dark picture, black crush is gone....:)
How do they come packaged?

Did you email [email protected] then get told to email [email protected] for UK querys?

I emailed them and got told to email [email protected] And i have a few times but recieved no reply. Did you get a reply or did they just turn up?

I did a unboxing video.

Nice to see we got a hard box the set comes in, the poor old USA got a crappy floppy box.

@thewoe @BluSteel2012

I emailed them at [email protected] and they organised the replacement discs for me. I was not told to email Fox UK. But I did send in my request (with full details) on the 26th Dec, and they replied on the 27th telling me my discs would be sent out on the 24th Jan. So I think that is why..

The discs came in there own individual paper envelopes inside a bubble mailer and then inside a large outer plastic bag. Also there are no UK ratings logos on the new discs...:thumbs:

Reactions: BluSteel2012
@thewoe @BluSteel2012

I emailed them at [email protected] and they organised the replacement discs for me. I was not told to email Fox UK. But I did send in my request (with full details) on the 26th Dec, and they replied on the 27th telling me my discs would be sent out on the 24th Jan. So I think that is why..

The discs came in there own individual paper envelopes inside a bubble mailer and then inside a large outer plastic bag. Also there are no UK ratings logos on the new discs...:thumbs:

They must be replacement US discs, they are region free.

Weird they are asking me to contact the other email address.

Last edited:
Thanks for the unboxing video @thewoe; the set looks good. However, there appears to be a mystery intruder EEK! :greyalien: (1:50 - 1:54) or perhaps you have a cat :LOL:?

Did you email [email protected] then get told to email [email protected] for UK querys?

I emailed them and got told to email [email protected] And i have a few times but recieved no reply. Did you get a reply or did they just turn up?

I did a unboxing video.

Nice to see we got a hard box the set comes in, the poor old USA got a crappy floppy box.

Atleast give the cat some credit :p

Reactions: thewoe
I sent an e-mail to Fox directly from their UK website on the 28th of January and was replied to on the 1st with this....

Thank you for contacting us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Any additional information you can provide about the product/version purchased is greatly appreciated while we look into this issue.

Rest assured we are taking this matter very seriously. We are currently testing several season 8 discs from different batches but have so far been unable to recreate the problem you described. We would appreciate any help you can provide us by taking a moment to verify that your copy of X-Files Season 8 discs are indeed affected and provide us with the following information:

• First and Last Name
• Complete physical shipping address.
• Telephone number
• The entire barcode number located on the back of the case, both on the outer box and on the individual season case, including all the small numbers to the left and right of the barcode. You may need to pull out the artwork on the season 8 Blu-ray case to see the barcode under the sticker.
• Please note what store the item was purchased from and the date of purchase.
• Player Make & Model
• Any additional details/observations you wish to provide.

At this time, territories outside of the US and Canada may take additional time to service and can expect to receive their replacement discs after March. Your season 8 discs do not need to be returned.

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Fox Customer Care.

Gave them the relevant info (also note that the individual sets don't have barcodes on them) and even added this link

http://www.xfilesvault.com/features/Season-8-Black-Crush-Blu-ray-Problem/

Problem is it's going to be after March before replacement discs will be sent out :(