USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014 (live Sunday
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99
Notes: Available this Halloween season

live.jpg
interior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is currently £13.25 on Zavvi. £12.59 with code 'ZVC5' which is still working for it.

This is a textbook Zavvi example of a supposed Ultra Limited Print Run (initially 2000) that is now just a Limited Edition Steelbook.
Any mention of numbers now appears to have been dropped from the product description.

But this is an absolutely gorgeous Steelbook in my humble opinion. Full gloss finish, decent artwork. It's a great film, the transfer is pretty solid and there's some nice special features too.

This is a textbook Zavvi example of a supposed Ultra Limited Print Run (initially 2000) that is now just a Limited Edition Steelbook.
Any mention of numbers now appears to have been dropped from the product description.
The product page still contains "Ultra Limited Print Run". I don't think the actual size of the print run was ever specified for this release.

It honestly was. While this isn't conclusive proof, the product description on Amazon.co.uk does list the print run as 2000

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OY5NRAM/?tag=hidefnin-21
Well, that's only a third-party seller's item description, which is probably a guess based on Zavvi's "Ultra limited" moniker.

If you look back at the posts in this thread, there are a few discussing the term "Ultra limited" typically meaning 2000 or 2500 units with Zavvi's past steelbook releases, but nobody mentions that "Zavvi's product page says 2000 copies" or something similar.

There are several steelbook products at Zavvi's store with the term "Ultra Limited", but for which the actual number of copies hasn't been specified, e.g., Moon, Kill List, They Live, The Others, Training Day.

Edit: I find it surprising that Zavvi doesn't specify the actual number of copies for all of their "Ultra Limited" releases. Not that I place too much trust in Zavvi, but I just can't quite believe that the print run would be much more than 2000 copies for a catalog release like this, when even many Disney steelbook releases struggle to sell 4000 copies.

Last edited:
Well, that's only a third-party seller's item description, which is probably a guess based on Zavvi's "Ultra limited" moniker.

If you look back at the posts in this thread, there are a few discussing the term "Ultra limited" typically meaning 2000 or 2500 units with Zavvi's past steelbook releases, but nobody mentions that "Zavvi's product page says 2000 copies" or something similar.

There are several steelbook products at Zavvi's store with the term "Ultra Limited", but for which the actual number of copies hasn't been specified, e.g., Moon, Kill List, They Live, The Others, Training Day.

Edit: I find it surprising that Zavvi doesn't specify the actual number of copies for all of their "Ultra Limited" releases. Not that I place too much trust in Zavvi, but I just can't quite believe that the print run would be much more than 2000 copies for a catalog release like this, when even many Disney steelbook releases struggle to sell 4000 copies.

Yeah I know that isn't proof, but the 3rd party item descriptions do usually mirror Zavvis original listing.

I found this one even stranger, because it was the first time it had been released on blu ray in the UK, it wasn't even available on standard amaray before then. I genuinely thought that would lead to this release selling out, yet here we are 8 months later.

In fact the only Steelbook I own which has any indication of the print run is City of God. There is a number laser etched on the front, think mine is 2079 (of a 4000 print run). And even that is still available on Zavvi at £9.99. I'm not going to pretend I have any idea about these production runs, but I am increasingly getting the impression that print run numbers seem to count for nothing.

Reactions: Ranavalone
We need some sort of Piper tribute!!!

I know which movie I'm watching tonight!!!
I'd like to watch this tonight too. Too bad Studio Canal feel they need to region lock everything! Thanks for that! :blackeye::blackeye:
Going to have to find a copy I can actually watch by tonight.

Reactions: dfoles