Jun 22, 2017
Tasmania
Hey all.

Thanks to a crappy cheap diet of Fray Bentos pies and Pot Noodles, I've managed to acquire a pretty cool movie collection. I've never really shown it off before so there's not many people outside of my family who've seen it. Hope you like what you see and if you have any questions on any items, drop me a message and I'll be happy to reply. Cheers.

20170610_160159.jpg

20170623_192052.jpg

20170623_192216.jpg

20170623_192300.jpg

20170623_192346.jpg

20170623_192437.jpg

20170623_192457.jpg

20170623_192513.jpg

20170623_192542.jpg

20170623_192551.jpg

Great collection Mark, i really love it.
I see many of those that i have, but also many that i still want.
However the most important poart is...the display room. This is amazing and now i know how i want to build such special room, somewhere in the future
when i will have money for both -> collecting and bulding a house;)))

Great collection Mark, i really love it.
I see many of those that i have, but also many that i still want.
However the most important poart is...the display room. This is amazing and now i know how i want to build such special room, somewhere in the future
when i will have money for both -> collecting and bulding a house;)))
Thanks @galareta2332. Appreciate the comments from another passionate collector. Mate, I'm happy my room design has inspired you to aim for something similar. I look forward to seeing pictures of your collection when you get your movie room up and running. :thumbs:

Cheers @Flloydo. Similar circumstance... I emigrated from Manchester back in 2011 and left a sister back in the UK. Well, when you do come over you're more than welcome to pop in. Just make your sister the last stop and if you run out of time after visiting me and @elle82, tell her you'll catch her next time.:LOL::thumbs:

Sorry mate I never see this and only
Just stumbled across it

So has it taken 6 years to build up that collection or did you take stuff with you when you emigrated? If you've collected all that since you been in aus then I'm even more impressed lol

I've only been to Manchester once and that was a loooong time ago but would love to re visit one day. I lived in Birmingham for a few years and that was a great city to live in. Loved it there

Oh my sis will 100% be the last stop. I'll
Just quickly Pop in hers on the way home for a cup of tea and then spend most my time lurking in your cave and visiting Elle lol

Sorry mate I never see this and only
Just stumbled across it

So has it taken 6 years to build up that collection or did you take stuff with you when you emigrated? If you've collected all that since you been in aus then I'm even more impressed lol

I've only been to Manchester once and that was a loooong time ago but would love to re visit one day. I lived in Birmingham for a few years and that was a great city to live in. Loved it there

Oh my sis will 100% be the last stop. I'll
Just quickly Pop in hers on the way home for a cup of tea and then spend most my time lurking in your cave and visiting Elle lol
No worries mate. What you see is a life long 25 year collection. Started when I was 10 when my nan got me Home Alone on VHS and I've not stopped collecting ever since. I had to get a shipping container when emigrating and I was without it for 3 months. That was an arse clenching experience I never want to go through again :wow:. I loved Birmingham every time I visited. Back in the UK I reviewed gigs for a site called Alt Sounds and I got to review lots of bands like Gorillaz, Slipknot and Rammstein at the NEC arena. Great times. Mate, I make a mean cuppa so pop round anytime. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
No worries mate. What you see is a life long 25 year collection. Started when I was 10 when my nan got me Home Alone on VHS and I've not stopped collecting ever since. I had to get a shipping container when emigrating and I was without it for 3 months. That was an arse clenching experience I never want to go through again :wow:. I loved Birmingham every time I visited. Back in the UK I reviewed gigs for a site called Alt Sounds and I got to review lots of bands like Gorillaz, Slipknot and Rammstein at the NEC arena. Great times. Mate, I make a mean cuppa so pop round anytime. :thumbs:

Wow! That is awesome. Ha ol home alone. I watch it every year like clockwork. If I don't watch it at Christmas then I feel incomplete. That was my childhood along with many others like labyrinth, never ending story, return to oz, Star Wars and many more

I bet that was a huge arse clenching 3 month wait that felt like 3 years!!! Mad and hope it was all smooth In the end

Found my box of VHS the other day and unfortunately will be getting rid of them soon but it brought back some big memories. Considering I was around 14 when I stopped buying VHS it's odd to see I had so many 18 rated films lol and that was all well before being 14

Woah really? I'm a huuuuuge music fan and was lucky to see arctic monkeys, Noel Gallagher, jay z, arcade fire, kasabian and few other at the NEC when i was in brum and many more at the NIA (I used to live right next to the NIA), Hmv institute, o2 academy etc

I also see the gorillaz at the NEC and I have a feeling it was the same gig - the plastic beach tour. I went on Friday 10th Sep 2010 so we might of been in the same room lol (I keep all my gig tickets) I'm a major blur, Albarn and gorillaz fan and happy I've seen him every way except the good the bad and the queen

Actually gorillaz was at the NIA for me so maybe it was a different gig

Actually gorillaz was at the NIA for me so maybe it was a different gig
I think it was the same gig mate. Did Little Dragons support? I'm probably getting NIA and NEC mixed up. Pretty funny to think we were at the same gig. And all those movies you mentioned were my favourites too, especially Labyrinth and also The Goonies, Flight of The Navigator and Short Circuit 1 & 2. The 80's and early 90's was such a good time to grow up with movies. Mate, it's awesome you like music too. Did you ever go to any festivals? For several years I got to review Download, Sonisphere and Leeds. Never Glastonbury but the others were pretty epic. I was able to catch Blur for the first time a couple of years back here in Australia and they were amazing. Too bad I moved to Tassie mate. I reckon we'd have become good friends with lots to chat about down the pub with a few beers. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I think it was the same gig mate. Did Little Dragons support? I'm probably getting NIA and NEC mixed up. Pretty funny to think we were at the same gig. And all those movies you mentioned were my favourites too, especially Labyrinth and also The Goonies, Flight of The Navigator and Short Circuit 1 & 2. The 80's and early 90's was such a good time to grow up with movies. Mate, it's awesome you like music too. Did you ever go to any festivals? For several years I got to review Download, Sonisphere and Leeds. Never Glastonbury but the others were pretty epic. I was able to catch Blur for the first time a couple of years back here in Australia and they were amazing. Too bad I moved to Tassie mate. I reckon we'd have become good friends with lots to chat about down the pub with a few beers. :thumbs:

I'm pretty sure it was little dragons and maybe de la soul also. But I can't remember. I'm sure they were though because I remember them both coming out to perform on the tracks they feature on along with many others. bootie brown from pharcyde was there also because I kinda remember him filling in for mos def on stylo and it made it such a different song (I was a bit annoyed he wasn't there, mos is my favourite rapper but I was lucky enough to see him a year later - as Yasin bey).

Yeah that is mad we were at the same gig. It's happened before on here when I mentioned I was at a gig in London and someone said they were at the same one.

When I go to London for a gig I usually bump into someone I know. Weird when that happens

Yeah goonies also, flight of the navigator, short circuit .... All the great films. Goonies I still love but I watched navigator a few years ago and it didn't feel the same. Hate it when that happens

I've never been to glasto either and I kick myself each year. But I used to go reading and V festival (back before V fest turned into a pop festival - back when the headliners were Radiohead, oasis, kasabian, babyshambles early killers and kings of Leon etc. I have gone a few times in recent years but it's not the same but i only went for Eminem, arctic monkeys, stone roses etc and my gf at the time hadn't been to a festival) I always stayed backstage though so that was interesting. So many great memories, stories and met some amazing people like Dave grohl

Blur are soooo good live. Caught them a few years ago when they reunited and did a big outside gig in London, and see them in Wolverhampton a few years ago too in a tiny little venue. That was special

Same, would of been cool. Getting p*ssed rambling on about music and film

@C.C. 95, stick Velcro to the back of them and then Velcro to the walls. Wallpaper your home with them. Easy to take down when you want to watch one. Easy to rotate when you get new ones. That would be insane. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I've seen some folks use these
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E4M8BBE/?tag=hidefnin-20 and then put steels on them actually.

How epic is Marks collection! Its unreal. I noticed he hasnt got many steelbook editions either. But hes not really a steelbook collector so that would be the reason. Like me we both focus on limited and collector sets mostly. I used to collect steelbooks myself but ended up selling them all. It was too much collecting them as well as everything else! Lol

I think it can be easier to burn out with just steels unless you have a set of rules cause if you dont ......... eventually the spending can become too much. My collecting habits shift ....sometimes its on premium steels, sometimes posters and cheap steels here and there of stuff i just want, sometimes on statues and movies, its all scatter brained ....... like me. lol

Great collection Mark .... ashamed I'm just now seeing it but I read every post just now. I tend to stay very busy with behind the scenes stuff at HDN so I can miss a lot on the forums but it makes me feel very happy when i discover people are getting on and being happy sharing their collections or an area of the forums i dont normally visit is bustling with action.

oh and @Mark Wilson

Why 4 copies of The Devil Wears Prada ? I'm a nutter with double dips and even more ...... but seems to be thats 2 of the exact same edition x2 ...... film you enjoy or what? Dont usually see that with those types of titles around here.

also the white shelves ....... you got 2 shelves back to back to do the aisles or is that one big thick shelf that you have stuff just up against each other back to back?

ps. I have no idea how you have the time to watch and or play those games and still make all the money to get all this stuff. ha.

Very impressive tho that you've apparently been able to keep most all your stuff from the years over instead of having to move stuff on to keep acquiring .... and perhaps that is cause you haven't gone knees deep into steelbooks. ha.

oh and @Mark Wilson

Why 4 copies of The Devil Wears Prada ? I'm a nutter with double dips and even more ...... but seems to be thats 2 of the exact same edition x2 ...... film you enjoy or what? Dont usually see that with those types of titles around here.

also the white shelves ....... you got 2 shelves back to back to do the aisles or is that one big thick shelf that you have stuff just up against each other back to back?

ps. I have no idea how you have the time to watch and or play those games and still make all the money to get all this stuff. ha.

Very impressive tho that you've apparently been able to keep most all your stuff from the years over instead of having to move stuff on to keep acquiring .... and perhaps that is cause you haven't gone knees deep into steelbooks. ha.
Thanks for the reply @Wreck. Mate, did you create the HDN Community? I'm ashamed I've only really just discovered it now. It's full of awesome people sharing the same passions and helping each others collections to grow. It's an awesome place to hangout, I just wish I joined sooner!

Yeah... you noticed all those Devil Wears Prada, pretty sure there's like 3 copies of Notting Hill and god knows how many Love Actually's in there too. Mate, I'm man enough to admit I bought myself a copy but the rest were donated. I come from a large family of girly girls and over the years they've given me their DVDs because they stream everything now.

Those white shelving units are two pressed back to back to make the aisles. Each aisle has six of them in total (2 lots of 3's).

Believe it or not almost everything in those pictures has been watched or played. Just outside the room I have a separate unit filled with TV shows and movies I haven't watched yet. Maybe around 400 titles or so. I keep them separate and only when they've been watched do I add them to the collection. That's half the fun for me - deciding where to place them.

There was a time I had to sell my old games (PS1, N64, Dreamcast) to afford the newest console but ever since I started working and earning I've tried to get back the titles I sold. Slowly I'm getting there. I'm just glad I never sold any of my VHS or LaserDiscs and that's why I can say my movie collection is 25 years in the making, something I'm sure you can tell I'm very proud of.

Thanks for checking it out mate! And as it grows weekly I'll keep updating it. Cheers.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Yes I run HDN and founded the original site. However now its ran with a great team of people and of course a great community of members. Like your collection, it just keeps growing. :) My ultimate collection is this site. :)

I too used to sell games to get the new consoles when young. Probably same time you did ........ as we are the same age.

Well at least with those donated doubles of stuff you dont care as much about you at least know you could always make more room cause if you hang on this site long enough ... buddy, your collection growth will speed up even more! Its addicting.... ;)

• Thanks
Yes I run HDN and founded the original site. However now its ran with a great team of people and of course a great community of members. Like your collection, it just keeps growing. :) My ultimate collection is this site. :)

I too used to sell games to get the new consoles when young. Probably same time you did ........ as we are the same age.

Well at least with those donated doubles of stuff you dont care as much about you at least know you could always make more room cause if you hang on this site long enough ... buddy, your collection growth will speed up even more! Its addicting.... ;)
Hats off to you @Wreck. You've definitely created something special here. The site is great, you should be very proud :thumbs:. And you're totally right about the collection growth too! I've only been a member for a month and already members have shown me collectables I never knew existed. My collection is definitely going to get bigger and better because of it. Cheers. :):thumbs:

• Thanks