Thor (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #14) [China]

domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 for Lenticular & 700 for 1/4 slip)
Notes: 3D+2D region free discs. 3D disc is worldwide edition.
WEA embossed front steelbook with WEA full height lenticular slip cover.
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group buy: HDN Blufans Marvel GB

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a joke, mate. However, I think it'll be a personal favorite of mine by the looks of the design, booklet and soundtrack.

sorry not the first time I was hearing that line :hilarious: ...but I agree, it will be an awesome release, really nice. Lets just Hope that the whole production Process goes more smoothly than some of the recent previous releases, they can't screw up this one :ugh:

Indeed too many awesome, slick, classy steel it over last couple of years it is mind boggling, The earlier Grail releases Stand Strong as they are Classics and they just happened to become Grails over time.

We do not decide what will be a grail release, Grail releases happen on their own, the simply just happen...and there will be less and less because of the amazing steels that just keep popping up all over the place, so when one will pop up as a future Grail, it won't be because people will have named it to be the next Grail .

The Next Grail Release will just ''creep up'' on us and just take us by surprise.
Yes...."we" are the ones who decides who are the grails and who are not. We are the ones who paid the extra bucks to get what we want in our collection. In time someone will be looking for this one too. Grails don't "pop up" by itself...it's only a matter in how atractive and how difficult it's to get one, it's only a thing of supply and demand...always "we" using the Bay as the meter to buy or to sell. Grail is the other name for "value in the bay market". Many thanks for those members here and the other forums GB for helping us to get those grailtiful releases,

That's what worries me about collecting steelbooks in general.
No need to worry! It's a simple fact. Within the next 10 years max 99% of all steelbooks will be basically worthless. Things like Disney, Marvel etc less so due to the nature of those that collect those brands, but the rest? A few quid on Ebay at best.

I spent 100's on individual rare laserdiscs back in the days, now you can pick them up for pennies, same with DVD. Bluray steelbooks will go the same eventually.

For those like me that buy to keep its not really an issue. Those hoping to have a nice valuable collection are utterly wasting their time. Technology is not a good long term investment.

No need to worry! It's a simple fact. Within the next 10 years max 99% of all steelbooks will be basically worthless. Things like Disney, Marvel etc less so due to the nature of those that collect those brands, but the rest? A few quid on Ebay at best.

I spent 100's on individual rare laserdiscs back in the days, now you can pick them up for pennies, same with DVD. Bluray steelbooks will go the same eventually.

For those like me that buy to keep its not really an issue. Those hoping to have a nice valuable collection are utterly wasting their time. Technology is not a good long term investment.
Agreed

Nobody can predict the future but who knows if blu-ray will be the last physical media format since actually there's no real difference in picture and sound quality from 4k BD in my home theater. Well maybe 8K :dunno:

Nobody can predict the future but who knows if blu-ray will be the last physical media format since actually there's no real difference in picture and sound quality from 4k BD in my home theater. Well maybe 8K :dunno:

You don't have any 4k Blu-rays.
UltraHD Blu-rays have not been released yet.
Probably wrong thread?

Reactions: earthscope