Release Date: September 26, 2011

Only at Media Markt stores in Germany
Now SOLD OUT

Just to have a record of this release :scat:

Distinguished from the Helmet set by having the FSK sticker

IMG_1768_zps9c03f5bf.jpg

IMG_1769_zps3647aa0b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, there were 3 Thor releases in Germany: Mueller 2D, 3D with Helmet set (no FSK sticker) and 3D individually (FSK sticker). Some people doubted the existence of the third but it definitely came out, I think it was just a very small print run.

To my knowledge this was not an extra release but the remaining copies from the helmet edition. At some point, Media Markt started selling the Helmet individually without the Steelbook. And in 2013 the 3D release with FSK sticker started showing up on the Media Markt website (which I know since I bought it). I saw the helmet Edition in Stores when it was released, but never the single Steelbook. This theory is actually supported by the fact that the 3D Steelbook with FSK Sticker has another Sticker on the back with the barcode. If this was a real 2nd Media release the barcode would have been integrated on the card.

So I think it is fair to assume that these are in fact the remaining copies of the helmet edition. I can`t imagine that an entire community would miss a Thor Steelbook release for years.

To my knowledge this was not an extra release but the remaining copies from the helmet edition.

I suggested this myself many months ago.

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=551190&postcount=99

And the copies probably did originally come from the manufacturing run for the helmet. Nevertheless, because the steelbook-only edition was solicited separately at MM, had its own unique barcode, and was packaged slightly differently (different shrinkwrap, an FSK sticker and a barcode sticker), then I think it can rightly be considered as a third and distinct edition.

Sorry to bring this back up again, but I was always wondering what the finish on Thor was? I wouldn't say the black is matte as it is not streaky in any way and a very thick and solid black coating, hope you know what I mean. Haven't seen this kind of finish on any other Steelbook release so far

I saw all these Thor and Captain America threads and thought they had re-released them all. Darn. Well at least I have the originals.
No. I just bought a ca and thor collection lol. I only had one ca and a couple thor before hand. These were early steel releases before I took the hobby seriously. :)