Thor: Ragnarok (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #44) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: May, 2018 (TBA)
Price: $189.99 (One Click) - $74.99 (Double Lenti) - $69.99 (Single Lenti) - $62.99 (Quarter Slip) - (GB will be live between 1800-2100 UK time On Friday 27 April) - Check your local time HERE
Group Buy: hosted by Cooey One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Quarter Slip
Note:
One Click consisting of double lenticular, single lenticular and 1/4 slip

One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Quarter Slip

23753401-381B-49DC-B0DA-882F845B45F0.jpeg CFABA355-8F90-4A74-8B07-CEFCB5EB64EB.jpeg 957E6F56-ACB4-44D7-AC66-B7D7E7718E20.jpeg 74D02014-C37B-49DC-829F-E022AC4BAADB.jpeg
122631zknrsks0trk1xxkk.jpg
122630qokafox0o9pzfzbf.jpg
Actual pics:
dsc_1643-jpg.370776

dsc_1644-jpg.370777

dsc_1645-jpg.370781

dsc_1646-gif.370782

dsc_1648-jpg.370783

dsc_1649-jpg.370784

dsc_1650-jpg.370785

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to know many of you remembered my concept and noticed the similarities between that and BF's release. But yeah, it's just pure coincidence that our designs are the same... unless BF saw mine and were inspired by it, which probably isn't the case lol. Still, it's cool that we share the same taste! I'm looking forward to seeing the steel in hand. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they saw it and were inspired, I seem to remember them being 'inspired' by @berns concept of Rio way back when :p

• Thanks
Reactions: berns and Noodles
Fugly poster for the front . . . hardly a good match to what's gone before from these guys . . .

Love the back - in a different colour scheme - though.

Pics courtesy Steelbookpro
upload_2018-1-31_12-25-40.png
upload_2018-1-31_12-26-58.png
upload_2018-1-31_12-27-39.png

Front image more suited to a lenticular or Full Slip (imo).

Front art should've been this - or something very similar - if only to go better with the previous two steelbooks:-
thor_ragnarok___poster_by_danialgfx-dbpkpru.jpg

Fugly poster for the front . . . hardly a good match to what's gone before from these guys . . .

View attachment 355873 View attachment 355874 View attachment 355875

Front art should've been this - or something very similar - if only to go better with the previous two steelbooks:-

As much as the first movie steelbook was stunning, I disagree that it should be something similiar. The theme and projection of the film has changed and I feel the steelbooks should reflect that also. There is much more humour in Ragnarok and the advertising through the trailers, posters etc all have this 'zany' colour theme. Humour = bright, serious = dark. Times change and the MCU has recently added more humour to their films... Ant-Man, GOTG, Homecoming, Ragnarok... even with a mix of more serious films... Ultron, Infinity War and Black Panther judging from the trailer. There is a clear mix throughout, but as far as Thor goes, it has changed and to make something like the above a selling point for the steelbook doesn't gain my interest as much purely because of the current theme. It's evolved and future films will evolve too. I'm not really sure why they took Ragnarok down the humour path but I very much enjoyed it, and I certainly love the vibrant artwork and colours that help advertise it. The blufans release will most certainly be a stunner because of that.

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76 and milky
As much as the first movie steelbook was stunning, I disagree that it should be something similiar. The theme and projection of the film has changed and I feel the steelbooks should reflect that also. There is much more humour in Ragnarok and the advertising through the trailers, posters etc all have this 'zany' colour theme. Humour = bright, serious = dark. Times change and the MCU has recently added more humour to their films... Ant-Man, GOTG, Homecoming, Ragnarok... even with a mix of more serious films... Ultron, Infinity War and Black Panther judging from the trailer. There is a clear mix throughout, but as far as Thor goes, it has changed and to make something like the above a selling point for the steelbook doesn't gain my interest as much purely because of the current theme. It's evolved and future films will evolve too. I'm not really sure why they took Ragnarok down the humour path but I very much enjoed it, and I certainly love the vibrant artwork and colours that helps advertise it. The blufans release will most certainly be a stunner because of that.

Yes, I follow you about the humour injected into this film and I understand because of that you feel the steelbook itself should reflect this new humorous tone by using one of the colourful, "zany" posters for the front.

My point would still be that the steelbooks for all of these films should go well together as a classy set par excellence . . . with any zaniness of colour confined to one or all of the slips . . . this new steelbook will stick out like a sore thumb next to the elegant first two.

Anyway, hate to say it - and this is of course not the place to say it - but on this rare occasion I'd say that the THOR RAGNAROK WWA has the better front.

THOR steelbooks (WWA):-
upload_2018-1-31_13-18-58.png
upload_2018-1-31_13-12-8.png
upload_2018-1-31_13-16-42.png

upload_2018-1-31_13-24-6.png
upload_2018-1-31_13-24-42.png
upload_2018-1-31_13-26-0.png
upload_2018-1-31_13-17-42.png

Last edited:
Yes, I follow you about the humour injected into this film and I understand because of that you feel the steelbook itself should reflect this new humorous tone by using one of the colourful, "zany" posters for the front.

My point would still be that the steelbooks for all of these films should go well together as a classy set par excellence . . . with any zaniness of colour confined to one or all of the slips . . . this new steelbook will stick out like a sore thumb next to the elegant first two.

Anyway, hate to say it - and this is of course not the place to say it - but on this rare occasion I'd say that the THOR RAGNAROK WWA has the better front.

THOR steelbooks (WWA):-
View attachment 355880 View attachment 355876 View attachment 355878
View attachment 355882 View attachment 355883 View attachment 355884View attachment 355879

I agree the single image of Thor on the front goes better in terms of continuity, but only continuity alone along with the colour theme, and each front has got 'brighter' in colour as time has gone on (by pure coincidence no less) but overall I would take what Blufans are doing over the WWA any day, even if it doesn't go well with the others, as I think it is the clear winner in terms of design and the inevitable embossed/gloss finish. That again ties in with the changing theme of the movie. It's all personal preference anyway.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: milky

View attachment 355873 View attachment 355874 View attachment 355875

Third film is a completely different tone of movie and approach to the character so why would it have to be similar to previous entries?

You don’t buy Blufans anyway, too busy snarking at those who do - so jog on.