Release date: February 26, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 3D
Price: £32.99 (4K) - £24.99 (3D)

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from seeing this and urgh far too much focus on humour and comedy moments than serious action :(

In terms of the superhero films this year I rank this at the bottom which is ironic as it’s the one I’ve looked forward to the most :(

I just see it, and I agree... "far too much focus on humour and comedy moments " -> + 10000 (n)

On reflection even each main character’s own story arc is poorly done imo, I won’t say anything else as I don’t want to spoil it for anyone but suffice to say I hope the Russo brothers bring back the seriousness to the MCU with Infinity War next year (which I’m sure they will given the tone of their previous films The Winter Soldier and Civil War)

Spider-Man Homecoming and Wonder Woman the best superhero films thus far this year for me (hope for good things from Justice League next month as well)

What I don't like about Marvel is that every Sequels are turned basically into an Avenger movie. Like I said the only sequel I enjoyed was Thor 2 as it was only THOR and no other Marvel Characters thrown into the mix. But it is Sad that they ruined THOR 3. Thanks for your feedback :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I would say to go into this film with an open mind, because it is quite a shift from the previous Thor movies. Which might seem obvious from the trailers and what we saw before its release, but it's one thing to know that and another thing to see it. That said I really enjoyed it myself, and I'll definitely have to see it a few more times to process it all since it is a hell (badum tish) of a ride. I won't pre-order this yet since I want a coupon, but I'll most definitely be picking it up eventually. But that was already a given since it's MCU. :whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: yardman
At this point in the MCU (and especially Civil War) you have to start introducing characters to each other otherwise Infinity War will be a silly meet and greet over a cup of tea (or Sharwama).
Sure, there will be some who haven't met yet i.e. Gotg and Avengers teams and that will come and feed into the plot but I feel if each MCU film hadn't introduced other characters into their sequels at this
point then fans would be complaining that there has been no interaction into the run up to Infinity War. Post credit scenes alone cannot do this job.
I think Marvel Studios have done the entire MCU so brilliantly and the build up has been slow and steady to the ultimate showdown, with their own individual stories along the way accompanied with the slow integration of introducing other characters into the mix. How they've pulled in Spidey is fanatastic imo, especially with how heavy that character has been featured in cinema over the years. It took away the feeling of "oh no, not another spiderman film" and turned him into a breath of fresh air. Marvel is a work of art (no pun intended) and seeing how these films have been intertwined and brought together has been a fantastic experience imo.
Thor Ragnarok doesn't look like another Avengers film to me, it looks like a Thor sequel and the bonus of that is the change in style they have adopted for it. Pure brilliance.

At this point in the MCU (and especially Civil War) you have to start introducing characters to each other otherwise Infinity War will be a silly meet and greet over a cup of tea (or Sharwama).
Sure, there will be some who haven't met yet i.e. Gotg and Avengers teams and that will come and feed into the plot but I feel if each MCU film hadn't introduced other characters into their sequels at this
point then fans would be complaining that there has been no interaction into the run up to Infinity War. Post credit scenes alone cannot do this job.
I think Marvel Studios have done the entire MCU so brilliantly and the build up has been slow and steady to the ultimate showdown, with their own individual stories along the way accompanied with the slow integration of introducing other characters into the mix. How they've pulled in Spidey is fanatastic imo, especially with how heavy that character has been featured in cinema over the years. It took away the feeling of "oh no, not another spiderman film" and turned him into a breath of fresh air. Marvel is a work of art (no pun intended) and seeing how these films have been intertwined and brought together has been a fantastic experience imo.
Thor Ragnarok doesn't look like another Avengers film to me, it looks like a Thor sequel and the bonus of that is the change in style they have adopted for it. Pure brilliance.
Well said!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
Hoping to see this soon. Can't wait

I'm also hoping this is better than Thor 2: the worst film in the MCU. Just awful.

I don't get why some complain about these films having other characters. This is what you need otherwise it's a avengers film and then the solo films after with no mention of anyone or natural back lash after events unfold. So the last last few solo films I'm happy other characters pop up like they would In the real world

Love the fact hulk is in this and strange makes an appearance

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
Hoping to see this soon. Can't wait

I'm also hoping this is better than Thor 2: the worst film in the MCU. Just awful.

I don't get why some complain about these films having other characters. This is what you need otherwise it's a avengers film and then the solo films after with no mention of anyone or natural back lash after events unfold. So the last last few solo films I'm happy other characters pop up like they would In the real world

Love the fact hulk is in this and strange makes an appearance

Totally agree, this was real crap, worst MCU...

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Worse than iron man 3?
Yes, but that one is right behind Thor 2 :hilarious:

I think I'm the only one in the world who loves iron man 3, I like it more than 1 and 2 lol but I get why people don't like it.

But Thor 2 is soooo bad. In every way and I was so annoyed eccleson was 100% forgettable and barely used

I think I'm the only one in the world who loves iron man 3, I like it more than 1 and 2 lol but I get why people don't like it.

But Thor 2 is soooo bad. In every way and I was so annoyed eccleson was 100% forgettable and barely used

I like Iron Man 3... better than Iron Man 2 lol

• Thanks
The 4K still being in stock is unusual, either the high price is off putting or they've increased the usual amount of 4K copies.

Ok let’s do this.....

1- Avengers Assemble
2- Captain America The Winter Soldier
3- Captain America Civil War
4- Ironman
5- Spider-Man Homecoming
6- Ironman 3
7- Guardians of the Galaxy
8- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
9- Ironman 2
10- Captain America The First Avenger
11- Thor The Dark World
12- Doctor Strange
13- The Incredible Hulk
14- Antman
15- Thor
16- Avengers Age of Ultron
17- Thor Ragnarok

So that would be my ranking from best to worst though to be honest 9-13 could have been in any order, the standout biggest disappointments in the MCU for me though are easily AOU and Ragnarok both for pretty much the exact same reasons

Oh and christ we’ve had 17 of these bloody films now :wow:

Ok let’s do this.....

1- Avengers Assemble
2- Captain America The Winter Soldier
3- Captain America Civil War
4- Ironman
5- Spider-Man Homecoming
6- Ironman 3
7- Guardians of the Galaxy
8- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
9- Ironman 2
10- Captain America The First Avenger
11- Thor The Dark World
12- Doctor Strange
13- The Incredible Hulk
14- Antman
15- Thor
16- Avengers Age of Ultron
17- Thor Ragnarok

So that would be my ranking from best to worst though to be honest 9-13 could have been in any order, the standout biggest disappointments in the MCU for me though are easily AOU and Ragnarok both for pretty much the exact same reasons

Oh and christ we’ve had 17 of these bloody films now :wow:

In your opinion of course, I'd disagree with most of that order, for a start Homecoming was bottom of the list, Ragnorak destroys it from a high height, "my opinion"

In your opinion of course, I'd disagree with most of that order, for a start Homecoming was bottom of the list, Ragnorak destroys it from a high height, "my opinion"

That’s fine personally I can’t see even one quality where Thor Ragnarok is better than Spider-Man but that’s cool

I’d be interested to know why you think Spider-Man would be bottom of your list though below ALL of the other 16 films :p

That’s fine personally I can’t see even one quality where Thor Ragnarok is better than Spider-Man but that’s cool

I’d be interested to know why you think Spider-Man would be bottom of your list though below ALL of the other 16 films :p

Virtually every film critic on Earth disagrees with you, highest rated marvel film so far, and so far every personal friend and Marvel Junkie I know loves it

I hate Holland. Garfield should have been Parker, he IS Parker. Been a Spidey fanatic for 35 years, Holland is ruining it completely, he's wrong on every level. I despised Toby, but he's worse

You’re not the only one to rate Iron Man 3, I think it’s one of the MCU’s best. Shane Black was exactly what the MCU needed at that point prior to James Gunn entering the fold :thumbs: