USA
Release date: March 6, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
SKU: 6162244
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

thor_rag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's available for instore pickup now if you guys need to order it still.

They definitely produced way more copies compared to BR 2049 4k . They had like 10 copies in my local store when they had only 2 copies of 4k BR 2049 on the release day opening.
It’s sold out in my store anyway, lol.

Been adding lenti magnets to the back of my marvel (non blufans) steels. It’s a good option when the back art isn’t anything special

Attachments

• 107598AA-44C6-4878-B854-CD3BA4307664.jpeg
    107598AA-44C6-4878-B854-CD3BA4307664.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 182
  • 76C9CC91-C54C-48D4-99AC-B787FF290193.jpeg
    76C9CC91-C54C-48D4-99AC-B787FF290193.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 164
I swear North America always gets the worst releases out of all the countries... No 3D either! Disney can take there crap North American marketing team and shove it up their a** ....

Beuna Vista Disney clearly does not understand their customers when we all want what the Blufans steelbook Thor cover will be and its BS that only a Chinease based company that I cant even get to ship to me gets the best art work is just CRAP!!!

Disney if you are listening and release another One of your movies with no 3D in North America Im straight up walking into the store and going to for now on STEAL YOUR MOVIES!!!! Come and get me... You dont care Disney, then I dont care either!

Its weird when ALL the 3D titles that were recently released in North America Sold Out, but Disney decided not to release Ragnarok in 3D here, Why??? Disney 3D Keeps selling out in the states when released and I cant understand why Disney combo releases are so inconsistent.

Disney should have kept the same formula they did for GOTG2 steelbook including all versions of the movie. Who makes these horrible decisions being so inconsistent with your movie releases?

Where is Ragnarok 3D for the states?? There are still A few 2018 3D tv’s as well as I have a 2017 3D Tv, so guess what Disney, 3D is still alive and well so PLEASE stop neglecting the STATES!
Thanks!

The North American marketing Beuna Vista team should be fired years ago!!!! WHY can Gurdians of the Galaxy 2 get a 4k/3D/Blu ray/Digital combo, but then Thor gets just 4k combo with no 3D?? We get Moana 3D steelbook, but then we get Aladdin 3D slip cover and no steelbook anywhere for Aladdin...

Oh yeah, thats right because crappy Disney allowed Zavi for some stupid reason to only produce 500 Aladdin steelbooks when that is one of Disney’s most popular movies... So for one of there most desired movies they decide to make only 500 steelbooks through a European website.. Really Disney?????

Disney is garbage to cater to an aftermarket because not many real fans could get the Aladdin steelbook since only a few were available, but many people in the World want an Aladdin Steelbook... Disney is the most inconsistent when it comes to there steelbook and combo releases.....

Heres the solution Disney...

In all countries for retail shops have one premium edition steelbook like GOTG2

(Premium Steelbook)

4k/3D/Blu-Ray, 4k Digital and then have a standard copy:

(Standard with Slip cover)

Blu-ray/DVD/Digital ....

So all retail shops around the World should get those same 2 versions and then the Specialty collector sites like Blufans, Hd Zeta, etc... get the rights to keep doing cool box sets, but are not allowed to be the only ones with a combo containing all versions of the movie (4k,3D,Blu ray, Digital)

There Exclusive rights should come down to the art work and packaging used with collectible goodies (replicas) but not be the only one with rights to sell that combo with all versions of the movie when all other stores get the versions separated in having to buy the movie multiple times is just not right...

For instance, I cant remember exactly, but I think it was with Pirates of the Caribbean where only one store in the whole world had the 4k/3D steelbook..

The rest of the world got the same steelbook , but for the states it had the same steelbook for 4k but no 3D was included... I think it was from India is the only ones to get the 4k/3D steel book when Im sure other countries would want that release as well.. Why no 3D Pirates to the states Disney? Other countries got the 3D/ Blu ray but not the 4k/3D. They flat out said FU to the states for 3D.

It would be much better to have these 4 types of releases only world wide.

1. Premium steel book with all versions of movie,

2. You have your standard with Blu ray/DvD/Digi

3. The specialty shops that make there cool collectible box sets.

4. Are gift sets with a prop replica or cool goodies and retail shops around the World can still have exclusive rights to these kind of sets as well, but the main Single steelbook releases should be released worldwide equally with the same art and with all versions of the movie.

Thats all there ever needs to be and never 4 different versions of the movie to have to buy them separately (cough Moana)

Please, stop using rectangle slip covers.... All slip covers should be rounded like 4k slip covers!

Disney, please stop making slip covers with square edges because they are always crushed and damaged the time it hits stores shelves... Why design a nice art slip cover if it just gets damaged the time it hits store shelves? Shelf wear and tear is NOT AN EXCUSE!

Why are you only smart enough to do better slip covers on 4k movies since those slip covers are made with no edges and is rounded to actually fit the movie case better???

Notice how barely any 4k slip covers are damaged and cant get crushed corners when there are none to be crushed!!!! All SLIP COVERS should be like 4k slip covers and when you have a rounded slip cover there will be less damaged packaging on store shelves.

Just because a customer still buys your movie Disney doesnt mean you are fully making them happy and they just have to be annoyed with the crap that is available since you dont listen to customers.

Many people would like to see these changes with your movie releases and be more equal with your product releases as we are now a worldwide community. No matter what country we are from we all like a combo pack to include all versions of the movie , especially when the entire world market gets it except for the States is just flat out messed up!!

Disney, so you want to play games like you dont give a crap to your customers because they will still buy it. Then, like I said come and get me because Im going now to steal one of your movies with a smile on my face and my finger in the air waving at you Disney!

Why make a nice Aladdin Lenti slip cover if 90% of them are torn and crushed in the store??? If you had the rounded corner lenti slip cover then there would be less copies damaged. Once again, keep allowing poor packing resulting in shelf damage and if I have to keep sorting through the entire inventory to find one not damaged then guess what IM STEALING IT!

Like I said If you care Disney, then take a survey on your studio site and see how many would vote that all Steelbooks should get the

4k/3D/Blu-Ray/Digital treatment. This random pick and choose what gets a separate 3D release, a combo 3D release Or no 3D at all to the states, but to the rest of the World needs to STOP!

Thanks..

Last edited:
I swear North America always gets the worst releases out of all the countries... No 3D either! Disney can take there crap North American marketing team and shove it up their a** ....

Beuna Vista Disney clearly does not understand their customers when we all want what the Blufans steelbook Thor cover will be and its BS that only a Chinease based company that I cant even get to ship to me gets the best art work is just CRAP!!!

Disney if you are listening and release another One of your movies with no 3D in North America Im straight up walking into the store and going to for now on STEAL YOUR MOVIES!!!! Come and get me... You dont care Disney, then I dont care either!

Its weird when ALL the 3D titles that were recently released in North America Sold Out, but Disney decided not to release Ragnarok in 3D here, Why??? Disney 3D Keeps selling out in the states when released and I cant understand why Disney combo releases are so inconsistent.

Disney should have kept the same formula they did for GOTG2 steelbook including all versions of the movie. Who makes these horrible decisions being so inconsistent with your movie releases?

Where is Ragnarok 3D for the states?? There are still A few 2018 3D tv’s as well as I have a 2017 3D Tv, so guess what Disney, 3D is still alive and well so PLEASE stop neglecting the STATES!

Thanks!

The North American marketing Beuna Vista team should be fired years ago!!!! WHY can Gurdians of the Galaxy 2 get a 4k/3D/Blu ray/Digital combo, but then Thor gets just 4k combo with no 3D?? We get Moana 3D steelbook, but then we get Aladdin 3D slip cover and no steelbook anywhere for Aladdin...

Oh yeah, thats right because crappy Disney allowed Zavi for some stupid reason to only produced 500 Aladdin steelbooks when that is one of Disney’s most popular movies... So for one of there most desired movies they decide to make only 500 steelbooks through a European website.. Really Disney?????

Disney is garbage to cater to an aftermarket because not many real fans could get the Aladdin steelbook since only a few were available, but many people in the World want an Aladdin Steelbook... Disney is the most inconsistent when it comes to there steelbook and combo releases.....

Heres the solution Disney...

In all countries for retail shops have one premium edition steelbook like GOTG2

(Premium Steelbook)

4k/3D/Blu-Ray, 4k Digital and then have a standard copy:

(Standard with Slip cover)

Blu-ray/DVD/Digital ....

No rectangle slip covers.... All slip covers should be rounded like 4k slip covers!

Thats all there ever needs to be and never 4 different versions of the movie (cough Moana)

Also, Disney please stop making slip covers with square edges because they are always crushed and damaged the time it hits stores shelves... Why design a nice art slip cover if it just gets damaged the time it hits store shelves? Shelf wear and tear is NOT AN EXCUSE!

Why are you only smart enough to do better slip covers on 4k movies since those slip covers are made with no edges and is rounded to actually fit the movie case better???

Notice how barely any 4k slip covers are damaged and cant get crushed corners when there are none to be crushed!!!! All SLIP COVERE should be like 4k slip covers and when you have a rounded slip cover there will be less damaged packaging on store shelves.

Just because a customer still buys your movie Disney doesnt mean you are fully making them happy and they just have to be annoyed with the crap that is available since you dont listen to customers.

Many people would like to see these changes with your movie releases and be more equal with your product releases as we are now a worldwide community. No matter what country we are from we all like a combo pack to include all versions of the movie , especially when the entire world market gets it except for the States is just flat out messed up!!

Disney, so you want to play games like you dont give a crap to your customers because they will still buy it. Then, like I said come and get me because Im going now to steal one of your movies with a smile on my face and my finger in the air waving at you Disney!

Why make a nice Aladdin Lenti slip cover if 90% of them are torn and crushed in the store??? If you had the rounded corner lenti slip cover then there would be less copies damaged. Once again, keep allowing poor packing resulting in shelf damage and if I have to keep sorting through the entire inventory to find one not damaged then guess what IM STEALING IT!

Like I said If you care Disney, then take a survey on your studio site and see how many would vote that all Steelbooks should get the

4k/3D/Blu-Ray/Digital treatment. This random pick and choose what gets a separate 3D release, a combo 3D release Or no 3D at all to the states, but to the rest of the World needs to STOP!

Thanks..
I think the issue is that home 3D in North America seems to be in the process of forced death. There are very few releases and 4K seems to be heavily favored and promoted. At some point you will have to swap your 3D TV to 4K or suffer with getting movies elsewhere. I think it's gonna start in Europe next and pretty soon.

my local BB had a lot of these, i dont think anyone will have a problem getting this!, as for the steelbook is really nice and the pix and video fdont make justice, in hand is really nice!

I think the issue is that home 3D in North America seems to be in the process of forced death. There are very few releases and 4K seems to be heavily favored and promoted. At some point you will have to swap your 3D TV to 4K or suffer with getting movies elsewhere. I think it's gonna start in Europe next and pretty soon.

My 3D Tv is a 4k tv... i have samsungs premium top of the line tv’s... Its stupid to force death on 3D to the states when there are still relevant 4k tv’s with 3D on the market as well as there are many people that still want to watch it in 3D ..

Also, Thor Ragnoarok was shown here in Theaters in 3D and if the theaters get it in 3D then they need to bring that version of the movie to the states like they are doing for the rest of the World...

If they want to kill 3D then dont show 3D in theaters either because many customers that view it in 3D in theaters will be the ones that want to buy the
3D blu ray...

3D Thor sold out in Theaters the first month it was out by me and sold very well. All the Disney 3D movies from theaters that came to customers Tv’s always sell out....

Dr Strange 3D was crazy and sold out way before the blu ray steel book. All there 3D Steelbooks dont last long on the shelf so they should stay consistent to how they released GOTG2 steelbook by having all versions of the movie inside. 3D movies many times even look better on a home tv then in the theaters and here in the states 3D movies in the theater as well as 3D Blu Rays are still selling out....

People in these companies are just hearltess and they need to stop forcing 3D away when its still popular to many customers. 3D on tv is an amazing experience and they need to keep it around.. If they want to kill 3D then stop releasing it in theaters and stop giving all international countries better releases. Make things EQUAL.. Either give 3D to everyone in the World or give it to No One, but dont just neglect one country when all other countries got it.

Last edited: