Thor: Ragnarok (E.Leclerc Exclusive Numbered Blu-ray Box Set) [France]

Apo

Jun 19, 2017
France
Release date: March 9, 2018
Purchase link: E.Leclerc (in store or ships to France)
Price: €34.99
Notes:
- Box limited to 1200 units (if like the previous Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy 2)
- Blu-ray 3D + 2D (amaray)
- Thor comic book with exclusive artwork cover (in french)
Titelive_8717418525507_V_8717418525507

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 18.42.20.png

Personnal note: I have their previous boxset for Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and the finition was very nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: IRON MAN
All companies should hire fans to make these box sets and collector sets.. This was such a great movie and deserves a waaaaay better box set then this France release. So far not one specialty company or retailer has made a decent box set for this movie...

Why are people that have a great job to create a good product always just half a** it? This looks like it was just slapped together like the rest of the worldwide releases for this movie are just weak.. The only decent package so far is the Bluefans and that concept art is not fully confirmed yet..

For one, any collector set shouldnt come with the same generic slip cover that many retailers already have used in their store. A collector box set should definitely have a unique steelbook included with art that no one else has used. How is it enticing to buy this set when its the same exact art on the slip cover as all other retailers selling this version, just placed in a big box with some art on it and a crappy comic written in a language I cant even read.

How about include a custom Metal Art Print, an art book, behind the scenes book, include a nice prop replica and hire a good company like gentle giant to make it. Have it come with a steelbook themed stand to display your steelbook .. The stand can be a stand with Thors replica Helmet on one side and Swords on other side attached to the stand.. Im just saying, for such epic movies like this deserve better, more creative sets!

Its really disappointing that people creating these items are clearly not passionate for their job and unappreciative because a lame release like this and other Ragnarok box sets is the clear evidence they ramdomly put a pack together just to get it to the market, but have no creativity at all!

Last edited:
don't wanna be rude but no one cares if you can not read the book. This is a french edition made for the french market, sold by a french store that only sells its products in France. Why would they sell an english book to french customers?

Leclerc had no choice but to use the normal amaray, as in France the Steelbook is a Fnac exclusive (not even Amazon.fr has the Steelbook). This edition is not meant to be expansive, Leclerc stores are supermarkets that primarily sell food, which mean yes it is a limited edition, but still meant for people with "normal budget".

The comic book alone is worth around 15-20€, with the 3D blu-ray (30€) it means the boxset value is around 45-50€, sold for 35€, coming in a nice box.

I have their previous boxsets for Dr Strange and Guardians of The Galaxy vol2, and I can tell you the box finish is quite nice (spot gloss, embossing on letters).

Besides, the quality of the movie, that's your own opinion, not shared by everyone :)

All companies should hire fans to make these box sets and collector sets.. This was such a great movie and deserves a waaaaay better box set then this France release. So far not one specialty company or retailer has made a decent box set for this movie...

Why are people that have a great job to create a good product always just half a** it? This looks like it was just slapped together like the rest of the worldwide releases for this movie are just weak.. The only decent package so far is the Bluefans and that concept art is not fully confirmed yet..

For one, any collector set shouldnt come with the same generic slip cover that many retailers already have used in their store. A collector box set should definitely have a unique steelbook included with art that no one else has used. How is it enticing to buy this set when its the same exact art on the slip cover as all other retailers selling this version, just placed in a big box with some art on it and a crappy comic written in a language I cant even read.

How about include a custom Metal Art Print, an art book, behind the scenes book, include a nice prop replica and hire a good company like gentle giant to make it. Have it come with a steelbook themed stand to display your steelbook .. The stand can be a stand with Thors replica Helmet on one side and Swords on other side attached to the stand.. Im just saying, for such epic movies like this deserve better, more creative sets!

Its really disappointing that people creating these items are clearly not passionate for their job and unappreciative because a lame release like this and other Ragnarok box sets is the clear evidence they ramdomly put a pack together just to get it to the market, but have no creativity at all!

Dude check out the japanese amazon edition.... I got mine in and it's an AWESOME set, comes with every play format you'd want, a cool figure, the steel book and a book.... If you don't think that's a cool set, then you're a very hard man to please!!

@Apollon I grabbed 2, one for me and one for @damnernsaduak (selling thread is going to be created)

I will post pictures tomorrow (on saturday)

what I can say now:

- box is slimmer than the previous ones (Dr Strange , Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2)
- titles (Thor Ragnarok + Marvel Studios) look glossed
- boxset is limited to 1200, not 1500.

good thing you posted photos @ariba266 because my camera did not want to focus :dunno: )

custom set (you can see the poor quality of my photos lol)

20180317_193059.jpg

What I can add is photos to show the glossed parts

Thor Ragnarok Coffret Leclerc Glossed Characters.jpg Thor Ragnarok Coffret Leclerc Glossed Title.jpg

One thing that I regret compared to the previous boxset, the back is printed on the box, instead of being a removable paper, like on Steelbooks.