Thor: Ragnarok - In theaters November 3, 2017

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Thor Ragnarok (2017)
Tagline: We Should Fight
Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]
Director: [DIRECTOR]Taika Waititi[/DIRECTOR]
Cast: [ACTOR]Chris Hemsworth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Hiddleston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Natalie Portman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mark Ruffalo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jaimie Alexander[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lou Ferrigno[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Idris Elba[/ACTOR]

Plot: Thor's world is about to explode in Marvel's Thor: Ragnarok. His devious brother, Loki, has taken over Asgard, the powerful Hela has emerged to steal the throne for herself and Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe. To escape captivity and save his home from imminent destruction, Thor must first win a deadly alien contest by defeating his former ally and fellow Avenger... The Incredible Hulk![/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
oSLd5GYGsiGgzDPKTwQh7wamO8t.jpg
[/POSTER1]

After announcing Captain America 3, today Marvel has revealed they're making another adventure for Thor! Are these Phase 3 for another Avengers Movie!? :thumbs:
Marvel's Thor 3 Moving Forward with Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost Scripting!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114160

On the heels of yesterday's news about Captain America: The Winter Soldier helmers Anthony and Joe Russo signing on for Captain America 3 comes word on another Marvel Studios sequel. Marvel announced today that Senior Vice President of Production and Development Craig Kyle will script Thor 3 alongside the returning Christopher Yost (who, with Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely scripted Thor: The Dark World from a story by Don Payne and Robert Rodat).

"I am proud of Craig and have enjoyed working with him over these past years," President of Production Kevin Feige said in a prepared statement. "His creative instincts have helped shape 'Thor' and 'Thor: The Dark World' at every level of the filmmaking process. The entire team at Marvel is very happy to continue collaborating with Craig as he continues as a screenwriter working with Christopher on the forthcoming chapter of Thor’s adventure.”

Kyle began his career at Marvel Studios in 2001 as the sole Creative Executive for the company’s animation division. In 2003, Craig co-created the character X-23, an adolescent female clone of Marvel’s popular character Wolverine. She was introduced into the comic book mainstream a year later, becoming one of the most popular new characters from Marvel over the last decade. Craig has developed, produced and written numerous animated series and oversaw the development and production of Marvel’s original animated direct-to-DVD projects including Ultimate Avengers: I & II, Invincible Iron Man, Hulk VS, Next Avengers, Doctor Strange, Planet Hulk and Thor: Tales of Asgard. During his many years with Marvel, Craig co-wrote a series of top selling X-Men comics including "New X-Men," "X-23: Innocence Lost" and "X-Force" (also with Yost). Kyle was promoted to SVP of Production and Development of Marvel Studios’ live-action division five years ago.

Marvel Studios currently has three mystery titles on their schedule: One on July 8, 2016, one on May 6, 2016 and one set for July 8, 2017. Could one of those dates wind up getting filled by Thor 3? Check back for further updates as soon as they become available.
:movie:

thor3.jpg
[/spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ho-ly ****

I can't wait!!

Looks awesome and great to hear some zep in a marvel film (genius choice too)

"We're friends from work" haha

@Noodles ive got a little thing for some goth girls and goth blanchett seriously does it for me.
Goth girls are naughty too ;)

(But I'm taking no notice of your your avenger trolling :LOL:)

:hulk:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and kaw
Ho-ly ****

I can't wait!!

Looks awesome and great to hear some zep in a marvel film (genius choice too)

"We're friends from work" haha

@Noodles ive got a little thing for some goth girls and goth blanchett seriously does it for me.
Goth girls are naughty too ;)

(But I'm taking no notice of your your avenger trolling :LOL:)

:hulk:
Lol I honestly don't mean to come across as a troll, it's just that anything Avengers related doesn't excite me anymore unfortunately... I feel like they've worn that record out, kind of like The Walking Dead. :dead:

Got to admit that this looks very different to anything else they've done before with the Avengers though, so hopefully they are actually spicing things up a bit! The only Marvel stuff I get super excited for nowadays is GOTG, but it depresses me to know that they're merging them with the Avengers for Infinity War. :wtf:

The "we're friends from work" scene was pretty damn funny anyway... it's already becoming a meme, and deservedly so! Also, I saw this on Twitter earlier and it made me laugh... :LOL:

shrulk.jpg

Lol I honestly don't mean to come across as a troll, it's just that anything Avengers related doesn't excite me anymore unfortunately... I feel like they've worn that record out, kind of like The Walking Dead. :dead:

Got to admit that this looks very different to anything else they've done before with the Avengers though, so hopefully they are actually spicing things up a bit! The only Marvel stuff I get super excited for nowadays is GOTG, but it depresses me to know that they're merging them with the Avengers for Infinity War. :wtf:

The "we're friends from work" scene was pretty damn funny anyway... it's already becoming a meme, and deservedly so! Also, I saw this on Twitter earlier and it made me laugh... :LOL:

View attachment 305534

Haha I'm winding you up about the troll, I know you hate all this and I'm just being defensive because I love it all but hiding my defenese and love for marvel by just calling you a troll. I get it mate, most my mates hate all this. Some like a few films whilst others are more x men franchise and all of them hate DC except batman so I'm surrounded by it anyway. Whereas I love most of them except Thor 2, suicide squad and half & half with BvS
I think they all like guardians though

See for me this is my childhood finally hitting the screens and it's been like that since x men came out when i was year 8 or 9 followed by spidey and so on. So I'm all for it and to see where it goes.
I'm just happy that they aren't really standalone films anynore. They all feature other characters otherwise it would get a little boring.
I was annoyed it was just stark in iron man 3 straight after avengers so im glad he's in spidey for instance. Guardians is different because there are more characters anyway but I'm so happy civil war had more that just cap and this has hulk etc
Obviously makes sense on their first outing like strange but then I suppose even antman had a decent cameo with falcon etc

Suppose it dont help I'm marvel through and through too and I try not to be biased (Well I think I'm not anyway otherwise I would love Thor 2 and the first cap a lot more)

One of my favs is antman, just a gem of a film IMO and it was the only one I didn't go cinema for because I thought it looked crap. Now it's my fav or at least up there with guardians, first avengers and cap 2 & 3. And hulk just does it for me in these films too since avengers so I'm soooo happy he's in Thor 3

I'm not feeling black panther though, film better be good because I wasn't a fan of him in civil war

Ahh don't, you know how I feel about waking dead, please don't compare it to the MCU! Or me and you will fall out lol ;)

Again I'm so excited about the guardians joining the rest of them and I can't wait for infinity war.
For me it's the same as Star Wars coming back getting all these well made films BUT there are a lot of characters now and my only worry is how it will come out, will it be too much having all these big names and superheroes together. But the Russos did me proud with civil war so I have some faith

Hahaha that shrek comparison is brilliant

I noticed this was getting a huge response on Twitter. Hadn't Seen the shrek pic though

Haha I'm winding you up about the troll, I know you hate all this and I'm just being defensive because I love it all but hiding my defenese and love for marvel by just calling you a troll. I get it mate, most my mates hate all this. Some like a few films whilst others are more x men franchise and all of them hate DC except batman so I'm surrounded by it anyway. Whereas I love most of them except Thor 2, suicide squad and half & half with BvS
I think they all like guardians though

See for me this is my childhood finally hitting the screens and it's been like that since x men came out when i was year 8 or 9 followed by spidey and so on. So I'm all for it and to see where it goes.
I'm just happy that they aren't really standalone films anynore. They all feature other characters otherwise it would get a little boring.
I was annoyed it was just stark in iron man 3 straight after avengers so im glad he's in spidey for instance. Guardians is different because there are more characters anyway but I'm so happy civil war had more that just cap and this has hulk etc
Obviously makes sense on their first outing like strange but then I suppose even antman had a decent cameo with falcon etc

Suppose it dont help I'm marvel through and through too and I try not to be biased (Well I think I'm not anyway otherwise I would love Thor 2 and the first cap a lot more)

One of my favs is antman, just a gem of a film IMO and it was the only one I didn't go cinema for because I thought it looked crap. Now it's my fav or at least up there with guardians, first avengers and cap 2 & 3. And hulk just does it for me in these films too since avengers so I'm soooo happy he's in Thor 3

I'm not feeling black panther though, film better be good because I wasn't a fan of him in civil war

Ahh don't, you know how I feel about waking dead, please don't compare it to the MCU! Or me and you will fall out lol ;)

Again I'm so excited about the guardians joining the rest of them and I can't wait for infinity war.
For me it's the same as Star Wars coming back getting all these well made films BUT there are a lot of characters now and my only worry is how it will come out, will it be too much having all these big names and superheroes together. But the Russos did me proud with civil war so I have some faith

Hahaha that shrek comparison is brilliant

I noticed this was getting a huge response on Twitter. Hadn't Seen the shrek pic though
Nah I know you were bud, but it still made me realise that it could come across as trolling to some, since I do bang on about my dislike for Avengers quite a lot. :p

I completely get what you're saying though... it was very cool to finally see these superheroes getting the big screen treatment they deserved, and I loved them all (even Cap 1 and Thor 2) up until Avengers 2, which is when I felt like I'd seen everything they had to offer and started getting bored of the characters.

It really bums me out though to be honest, because I don't even enjoy the older movies as much as I used to now, since the newer films have ruined the characters for me... especially Iron Man. And the less I say about Ant-Man the better... love the character and Paul Rudd, but that film was a dud if you ask me. (n)

Did I know that you like TWD? I honestly can't remember. That show has really gone downhill though IMO... but that's another off-topic discussion we probably shouldn't get in to lol. Glad you're still enjoying it anyway! :)

One thing I do really like about Marvel and think they've pulled off perfectly is the universe they've built... everything connects and flows nicely, and that's something DC should really take note of. It's great to see Disney using the same method for Star Wars too, even with the standalone films.

I wanted to say more but I'm struggling to keep my eyes open now, so I'll leave it there before I headbutt my desk. :sleep:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Nah I know you were bud, but it still made me realise that it could come across as trolling to some, since I do bang on about my dislike for Avengers quite a lot. :p

I completely get what you're saying though... it was very cool to finally see these superheroes getting the big screen treatment they deserved, and I loved them all (even Cap 1 and Thor 2) up until Avengers 2, which is when I felt like I'd seen everything they had to offer and started getting bored of the characters.

It really bums me out though to be honest, because I don't even enjoy the older movies as much as I used to now, since the newer films have ruined the characters for me... especially Iron Man. And the less I say about Ant-Man the better... love the character and Paul Rudd, but that film was a dud if you ask me. (n)

Did I know that you like TWD? I honestly can't remember. That show has really gone downhill though IMO... but that's another off-topic discussion we probably shouldn't get in to lol. Glad you're still enjoying it anyway! :)

One thing I do really like about Marvel and think they've pulled off perfectly is the universe they've built... everything connects and flows nicely, and that's something DC should really take note of. It's great to see Disney using the same method for Star Wars too, even with the standalone films.

I wanted to say more but I'm struggling to keep my eyes open now, so I'll leave it there before I headbutt my desk. :sleep:

Mate you don't troll

Your allowed to hate something and not be a troll

I do like cap 1 but I didn't originally and I only like the Loki bust out in Thor 2
Avengers 2 could of been much better but I still loved it (Maybe that is me being biased lol :wacky:)

Yeah I know you have a lot of hate for iron man, I wasn't massive on him to start with but I've grown to love him. I just love RDJ as him. Irreplaceable IMO

Haha, I thought you liked antman (the film) tbh I thought you would of liked that considering it's like a marvel heist film and not your standard marvel film (except the whole learning the suits powers)

Yeah I'm pretty Sure we have spoke TWD before. I agree. I used to love it and every few seaons or half season (mid point breaks make me think there's more seasons than what there really is) I would give up because it's the same sh*t and then I'd leave it 2 years and get back into it but quickly fall back out etc blah blah and I gave up again on like episode 4 or 5 of thre newest. Neegan was doing my head in with the same dialogue in every episode and 500 men scared of him and him stealing their wife's etc..... Err nah, group together and kill him. You get your wives back too. Idiots

No my point was don't compare them because the MCU is amazing and TWD isn't anymore lol

Yeah marvel/ Disney do have the prefect formula. They plan ahead and it works well, their casting is fantastic and they put trust in some great random directors. They just work well. And DC and even other unrelated franchises are sh*tting themselves apart from stuff like FF franchise that somehow gets the punters in even though they are bad films (well mindless fun I suppose)
Plus so many studios want to create universes like marvel because they aren't creative enough themselves

That's Disney for you though. The powerhouse Or should I say powermouse!

Yep I'm actually so happy Disney bought Star Wars. Again using the perfect formulas to make Star Wars films like the original trilogy

Ha imagine if they turned out like the prequels. As much as I have love for them because I was young when they came out they are really bad compared to the originals and new ones. Which everyone knows anyway
That's why more real sets, actual creature suits an animatronics work over mainly green screen sets (which are needed at times but not the way the prequels used it. - whereas avatar got it spot on for example)

Anyway I'm massively looking forward to this and should be an interesting dynamic with just hulk and Thor instead of the whole avengers (oh and apparently strange for a bit)

Loved the trailer and can't wait for the film!

I just don't get why everyone is saying it is more like GOTG? Sure it is more galactic in scope but that is just a product of the story and merging of several comic ideas, it has a bit more humour but thats due to Taika Waititi's touch not James Gunn, and anesthetically it is more colourful but again I'd say that is due to the director again. Of course there was definately a push from Marvel and Disney to make it different from the bog standard Marvel movie template and more similar to Guardians, but I'd like to think it is due to Taika and I don't think he would comprimise his creative ideas. I guess time will tell.

One thing I didn't like about the trailer and all the rumours and leaks is you can basically make out the first 1/4 of the movie and this is my take, spoilers ahead:

Loki's mis-managment of Asguard leads to Hela being able to escape from Niflhiem and make a play to take over Asguard (with the help of Fire Lord Surtr?). Hela destroys a large portion of Asguard and captures Thor and Loki and imprisons them in Muspelhiem. Thor and Loki escape and go to Earth to search for Odin to get his help to use the Odin force to banish Hela once more. She finds out and goes to Earth where she fights Thor and destroys Mjolnir and banishes him (or them both) to Sacar. Thor gets captured again and made to fight in the arena for the Grandmaster's pleasure where he meets the Hulk and they have their initial fight.

Speculation:

Thor, Loki and Hulk come up with a plan to escape Sacar and take down Hela, which at some point will involve fighting Fire Lord Surtr.

The questions do remain:

1) How is Hella so strong and is this a product just of herself, Fire Lord Surtr or the Infinity Gem?
2) Does Heimdall have the Soul Gem and if so is Hella or Fire Loard Surtr trying to aquire it or have already aquired it?
3) How does Odin come back into play
4) Do Thor and Loki know about Fire Lord Surtr from the outset or does this only become aparent at the end of the film?

• Thanks
Loved the trailer and can't wait for the film!

I just don't get why everyone is saying it is more like GOTG? Sure it is more galactic in scope but that is just a product of the story and merging of several comic ideas, it has a bit more humour but thats due to Taika Waititi's touch not James Gunn, and anesthetically it is more colourful but again I'd say that is due to the director again. Of course there was definately a push from Marvel and Disney to make it different from the bog standard Marvel movie template and more similar to Guardians, but I'd like to think it is due to Taika and I don't think he would comprimise his creative ideas. I guess time will tell.

One thing I didn't like about the trailer and all the rumours and leaks is you can basically make out the first 1/4 of the movie and this is my take, spoilers ahead:

Loki's mis-managment of Asguard leads to Hela being able to escape from Niflhiem and make a play to take over Asguard (with the help of Fire Lord Surtr?). Hela destroys a large portion of Asguard and captures Thor and Loki and imprisons them in Muspelhiem. Thor and Loki escape and go to Earth to search for Odin to get his help to use the Odin force to banish Hela once more. She finds out and goes to Earth where she fights Thor and destroys Mjolnir and banishes him (or them both) to Sacar. Thor gets captured again and made to fight in the arena for the Grandmaster's pleasure where he meets the Hulk and they have their initial fight.

Speculation:

Thor, Loki and Hulk come up with a plan to escape Sacar and take down Hela, which at some point will involve fighting Fire Lord Surtr.

The questions do remain:

1) How is Hella so strong and is this a product just of herself, Fire Lord Surtr or the Infinity Gem?
2) Does Heimdall have the Soul Gem and if so is Hella or Fire Loard Surtr trying to aquire it or have already aquired it?
3) How does Odin come back into play
4) Do Thor and Loki know about Fire Lord Surtr from the outset or does this only become aparent at the end of the film?

Pretty much agree with everything you just said there. Taika actually had this style for a long time before gunn & guardians too and the whole 80s retro vibe he loves (only have to watch some conchords and what we do in the shadows etc to see that) - he's still rather unknown so many people don't know much about him

But i don't think Loki will be banished by hella, in the trailer he's on top table about to watch Thor go up against hulk (he will have some part to play in getting Thor to that planet but with a Loki style sneaky hidden agenda) - they chop Thors hair off and make him battle but Loki looks the same and still has long hair- if he was banished he would be going through the same routine.

and i reakon it will be dr strange that makes Odin come back (just thoughts on the answers to your questions) I'm probably wrong tho lol

After watching the trailer for the hundredth time here's one small thing kinda bugging me.

The arena looks very fake BUT it's still a way off and they have time to make that look less fake so I'm hoping it looks more real in the final finished cut. It's happened hundreds of times in trailers and improved for the final so fingers crossed

Pretty much agree with everything you just said there. Taika actually had this style for a long time before gunn & guardians too and the whole 80s retro vibe he loves (only have to watch some conchords and what we do in the shadows etc to see that) - he's still rather unknown so many people don't know much about him

But i don't think Loki will be banished by hella, in the trailer he's on top table about to watch Thor go up against hulk (he will have some part to play in getting Thor to that planet but with a Loki style sneaky hidden agenda) - they chop Thors hair off and make him battle but Loki looks the same and still has long hair- if he was banished he would be going through the same routine.

and i reakon it will be dr strange that makes Odin come back (just thoughts on the answers to your questions) I'm probably wrong tho lol

After watching the trailer for the hundredth time here's one small thing kinda bugging me.

The arena looks very fake BUT it's still a way off and they have time to make that look less fake so I'm hoping it looks more real in the final finished cut. It's happened hundreds of times in trailers and improved for the final so fingers crossed

Yea I was wondering about Loki and the Grandmaster, I wonder how he gets there and if Thor knows he is there?

I definately love Taika's style and can't wait for it to shine through. This is going to be the best Thor film so far I think, it just needed a bit of spice :thumbs:

• Thanks
Yea I was wondering about Loki and the Grandmaster, I wonder how he gets there and if Thor knows he is there?

I definately love Taika's style and can't wait for it to shine through. This is going to be the best Thor film so far I think, it just needed a bit of spice :thumbs:

I keep thinking of the moment in Thor 2 with the whole plan and when he cuts Thors arm off - see where I'm getting at?
I think Thors fully aware of Lokis presence

Calling it now: the best Thor movie to date.

Love the GOTG vibes.

Completely agree

I cheered like a school girl when this all came about and hulk was announced considering we are kinda getting planet hulk too just not full on - but I'll take that over no hulk in space lol