Thor: Ragnarok - In theaters November 3, 2017

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Thor Ragnarok (2017)
Tagline: We Should Fight
Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]
Director: [DIRECTOR]Taika Waititi[/DIRECTOR]
Cast: [ACTOR]Chris Hemsworth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Hiddleston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Natalie Portman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mark Ruffalo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jaimie Alexander[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lou Ferrigno[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Idris Elba[/ACTOR]

Plot: Thor's world is about to explode in Marvel's Thor: Ragnarok. His devious brother, Loki, has taken over Asgard, the powerful Hela has emerged to steal the throne for herself and Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe. To escape captivity and save his home from imminent destruction, Thor must first win a deadly alien contest by defeating his former ally and fellow Avenger... The Incredible Hulk![/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
oSLd5GYGsiGgzDPKTwQh7wamO8t.jpg
[/POSTER1]

After announcing Captain America 3, today Marvel has revealed they're making another adventure for Thor! Are these Phase 3 for another Avengers Movie!? :thumbs:
Marvel's Thor 3 Moving Forward with Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost Scripting!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114160

On the heels of yesterday's news about Captain America: The Winter Soldier helmers Anthony and Joe Russo signing on for Captain America 3 comes word on another Marvel Studios sequel. Marvel announced today that Senior Vice President of Production and Development Craig Kyle will script Thor 3 alongside the returning Christopher Yost (who, with Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely scripted Thor: The Dark World from a story by Don Payne and Robert Rodat).

"I am proud of Craig and have enjoyed working with him over these past years," President of Production Kevin Feige said in a prepared statement. "His creative instincts have helped shape 'Thor' and 'Thor: The Dark World' at every level of the filmmaking process. The entire team at Marvel is very happy to continue collaborating with Craig as he continues as a screenwriter working with Christopher on the forthcoming chapter of Thor’s adventure.”

Kyle began his career at Marvel Studios in 2001 as the sole Creative Executive for the company’s animation division. In 2003, Craig co-created the character X-23, an adolescent female clone of Marvel’s popular character Wolverine. She was introduced into the comic book mainstream a year later, becoming one of the most popular new characters from Marvel over the last decade. Craig has developed, produced and written numerous animated series and oversaw the development and production of Marvel’s original animated direct-to-DVD projects including Ultimate Avengers: I & II, Invincible Iron Man, Hulk VS, Next Avengers, Doctor Strange, Planet Hulk and Thor: Tales of Asgard. During his many years with Marvel, Craig co-wrote a series of top selling X-Men comics including "New X-Men," "X-23: Innocence Lost" and "X-Force" (also with Yost). Kyle was promoted to SVP of Production and Development of Marvel Studios’ live-action division five years ago.

Marvel Studios currently has three mystery titles on their schedule: One on July 8, 2016, one on May 6, 2016 and one set for July 8, 2017. Could one of those dates wind up getting filled by Thor 3? Check back for further updates as soon as they become available.
:movie:

thor3.jpg
[/spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
"Thor: Ragnarok is actually going to run for 130 minutes and 21 seconds, a lengthy amount of time which ensures the God of Thunder's will have plenty of time to shine when he returns to theaters.

Thor was one hour and 55 minutes and Thor: The Dark World was one hour and 52 minutes so this is the longest instalment of the franchise to date."​

What a relief from that rumour of 1½ hour...

Be careful of spoilers... just spotted a really big one floating around on social media (apparently some guy interviewing Chris and Mark let it slip when questioning them), but thankfully I'm not too bothered about it.

To repeat my thoughts from the Steelbook thread

1- Too much comedy (to the point where there’s barely any dialogue without a punchline at the end) - I first took objection with the MCU films putting too much emphasis on comedy with the first GOTG film and the dance off in the key final action scene but at least that film had the opening scene with Peter’s mother (which I still think is one of if not the biggest ‘pull at your heart strings’ moment in the MCU), every scene in Thor Ragnarok is like GOTG’s dance off moment

2- Each characters own story arc is a mess - very little time spent on what the characters have been doing since we last saw them (be it from Thor the Dark World or Age of Ultron) and then very little time invested in them throughout. Film either needed to be at least 30 minutes longer or some scenes cut completely (one in particular comes to mind that what was a post credit scene in a previous MCU film)

Ultimately for me this failed as a superhero film and it even failed as a comedy (which obviously isn’t what you go and see a superhero film for anyway). Without doubt the weakest superhero film this year and probably the weakest MCU film to date (even Antman which I’ve only ever seen the once when it was at the cinema I think I preferred to this)

Looking forward to Infinity War bringing the tone back to a more serious vibe

I'm usually easy to win with the Marvel and DC movies, I see the flaws but I'm always the one in the conversations who will find the most far-fetched reasons to redeem them. SO, Thor Ragnarok had moments that made me rise my eyebrows but I loved it so much !

I have a few things I'd like to discuss again though : spoiler alert.

1) Odin's death... Was it his choice? He said he could hear Frigga calling him but why did he just wait there. Did he foresee that moment with his two sons ?
I didn't like how Hela appeared. I understand that with Odin's death she was automatically released from her prison. But she just walked in here looking badass.
2) Did Bruce Banner die, at least for a minute ? When Bruce jumps from the spaceship to fight Hela's Fenris wolf believing he'll turn into Hulk in a second he just crashes onto the floor (which, because of all the jokes of the movie, I knew would happen) BUT he's definitely dead. I thought he would be moving a finger or something but he was just plain dead! I wonder if this will have a repercussion or if we should just look it as one more joke.
3) I LOVED how Hela stopped all discussion on the infinity glove in Odin's vault ! I DIED when she called it "fake" and looked at the other things saying "Yeah..that one's okay" (not sure of what she said exactly as I sadly saw the movie in French)
4) The Warriors Three's deaths are the only thing I won't try to defend. It's not the fact that they died that I don't like but Hela killed Fandral and Volstagg and stole any kind of heroic death from them.
I could even have defended that choice IF Thor had had a moment to mourn them. I have no problem with Hela wasting no time to conquer Asgard. It makes her even more deadly that she could kill the Warriors without giving them any sort of "warrior-on-warrior" respect, but there was something missing.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Seen it yesterday and it was brilliant.
Can't wait to see it again at home, packed in an awesome Steelbook.

First of All: And the Oscar goes to ... Matt Damon as Loki!
Thor with One Eye and as real God of Thunder looks so fn Bad Ass.
@jeremycanrana you got a point at the hulk, which make me think. you can be right, let's wait for Infinity War. But the Scene was brilliant.
Hela was also played really awesome.
Grandmaster was really good to.

Reactions: jeremycanrana