Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 25th, 2014
Purchase link: Thor: The Dark World
Best Buy SKU: 3781037
Price: $29.99
Group Buy: Click here
Notes: Matte finish, debossed title on front cover with title on spine, inside artwork

thor-BB.jpg

uvesehas.jpg

e4y4y3y6.jpg

bepaparu.jpg

a6emutys.jpg

y2a7e5ud.jpg

y3y7y7at.jpg

y7ahanar.jpg

uvesehas.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally agree that the 3D isn't great, it wasn't filmed in dual strip 3D, it was converted and I also believe poorly. The one that I was shocked at how good the 3D was since it wasn't filmed in 3D but converted is Star Trek Into Darkness, I was sure it was going to be cra#, but the 3D is insane all the way through.

So after reading cjy152's post, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try to check my BB to see if they have any in stock... and BAM ! :,D I started getting the feeeells. I was so close to spending double from its originally cost so I figured if I was gonna do that, I might as well get 2 :) There were 3 left in the back, but I figured I really didn't need 3, and might as well let someone else get the chance to purchase this gem.
All in all, I recommend trying this out at your BB next time you're there. You just might get lucky ;)

Reactions: cjy152
Looks like Blufans might out do this steel and take the title due to the title & spot gloss.

It's painful to say, but it looks like the crown has been taken away from Best Buy Thor 2 Steel

Looks like Blufans might out do this steel and take the title due to the title & spot gloss.

It's painful to say, but it looks like the crown has been taken away from Best Buy Thor 2 Steel

Old news my friend, you should already know that Blufans (the steelbook boss) was gonna be #1 :)
All Bestbuy/FS could have ensured was full gloss, but they didn't . However I can't complain as the price was very good ($22.99 + tax during release week)

Dude the best buy steelbook NEVER held the title in the first place. The Korean release had that honour!!

Wow, there is so much said about Blufans. This is a great release from Best Buy. Look at the price! This reminds me of the days when you got steelbooks at affordable prices. The only difference is that there is no slip cover. My Wreck It Ralph had loads of scratches, Wall-e has been a let down and Thor artwork is almost identical as the HMV version I have, apart from a slip cover. Some collectors have to work to a budget, and as far as I'm concerned this is a superb steel for the money. Makes me shudder to think the mark up Blufans etc are making on their steels just by adding a slip!

I agree a slip is not worth an unreasonable price but I believe Blufans is not just about slip, the artwork of steelbook itself is an exclusive for Blufans only or in other word referred to WEA, since its not easy nor cheap to obtain approval from the studio then you gotta pay more for its exclusivity, therefore Blufans releases are very much sought after by collectors around the world and highly respected. Just my 2 cents :)

Right! As much as I'd love to own the Kimchi lenticular slip version it is still putting lipstick on a pig. The steelbook itself is NOTHING special.

as @NoDingsNoScratches had mentioned, the Lenti for Thor 2 Kimchi Exclusive is considered the best Lenti for 2014 and if there would be a Grail Status for Lenticulars, Kimchi would be on the list as the Lenti that go with the exclusive is just stunningly beautiful in hands... not to mention back artwork, the whole slip is superb.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches