Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 25th, 2014
Purchase link: Thor: The Dark World
Best Buy SKU: 3781037
Price: $29.99
Group Buy: Click here
Notes: Matte finish, debossed title on front cover with title on spine, inside artwork

thor-BB.jpg

uvesehas.jpg

e4y4y3y6.jpg

bepaparu.jpg

a6emutys.jpg

y2a7e5ud.jpg

y3y7y7at.jpg

y7ahanar.jpg

uvesehas.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi or Best Buy?.....Both!

I cancelled one of my zavvi orders. Still on the fence about canceling the other. I'm going to get up early on the 25th, and go by best buy as soon as they open to snag a copy of this! Not gunna miss out Like the wolverine gift set & Cpt,Phillips steel. Then going by target to grab the exclusive slip with Loki on the front. Ant other exclusives in the US for this tittle??? Here's a pic::scat:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 86
I badly need some advice guys. My sister lives in the US and I have a prepaid USD MasterCard that I can pay with. So I can set up an online account with best buy.com and get it delivered to my sister but I have read horror stories about best buy packaging. Therefore is it possible to order for in store pickup? And also if it is possible would my sister have to produce the charge card that was used to place the order Which obviously she cannot do. For various reasons I don't want her to use her own funds to pay and also I can't ask her to camp outside the doors of her local best buy. Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys. Really want this and not zavvi crap.

I badly need some advice guys. My sister lives in the US and I have a prepaid USD MasterCard that I can pay with. So I can set up an online account with best buy.com and get it delivered to my sister but I have read horror stories about best buy packaging. Therefore is it possible to order for in store pickup? And also if it is possible would my sister have to produce the charge card that was used to place the order Which obviously she cannot do. For various reasons I don't want her to use her own funds to pay and also I can't ask her to camp outside the doors of her local best buy. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Since I do a lot of pick up from Bestbuy, I think I have seen an option to have another person do the pickup on your behalf when you place the order for in-store pickup. (No actual card required in that case)

Edit : I do see the option 'Someone else will pick up this item' at the check out

Last edited:

You can do 'In Store Pick-up" and they have an option where you can tell them that someone other than yourself is going to pick up your items. Your sister may have to show her ID. The only problem that is possible is that the employees might grab the amaray instead of the Steel. So just have your sister go there when doors open if possible to cover all corners. But other than that you should be ok.

Reactions: StifflersDad
I'm not seeing a 'pick-up in store' option yet. It may popup around midnight on Feb. 25th.

View attachment 58652

Is it normal for the pickup in store option to become live only on the eve of the release date and not earlier. I just don't want it to sellout online before that option becomes available! Thanks again fellow ninjas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: babylon
Is it normal for the pickup in store option to become live only on the eve of the release date and not earlier. I just don't want it to sellout online before that option becomes available! Thanks again fellow ninjas.

I have seen a few steelbooks that wouldn't let you order for in store pickup until around midnight of the street date. Whether that's normal for BB, I would have to guess that it is.

The employees are not even able place a pre-order for you to pick up in store and there are no pre-order cards as of yet. Just went and asked today

Oh... So you mean if ordering just one it'd be shipped in jiffy bag? So how many copies that we can rest asure that they'd ship in a box, 2, 3? Thx guys :)

I ordered 3 steels once in one order and they somehow stuffed them into a jiffy that wasnt even meant to hold 3. It was bursting at the seams but luckily nothing damaged.

A lot of it is just luck depending on who is packing your order.

I have seen a few steelbooks that wouldn't let you order for in store pickup until around midnight of the street date. Whether that's normal for BB, I would have to guess that it is.

Every steel I get from Best Buy I order for in store pick up usually in the morning before I leave for work or after midnight the night before and they always held a mint one for me to pick up after work. Even when they where sold out of all the ones out on the floor like zero dark thirty.

^
Nothing is 100% yet (except for that pic is fan art)

It will likely be the same as the Future Shop Canada release which is the same as the world wide but with the title on the front as well as possibly the spine.

Reactions: rj531