Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #15) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 lenticular, 700 1/4 slip)
Notes: Embossed steelbook
3D and 2D slipcover
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group Buy: Click here for the Hi-Def Ninja Blufans Marvel GB

154907hwwhzurhgddjqhhq.jpg

154903bb9kglb8qe8gl5jm.jpg 154912jreber385hbbu3zo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
why this one and Frozen both are numbered the same i.e. # Blufans 13

The info that I had was

BE#12: Garvity 3D+2D WEA steelbook (NOW CANCELLED, will be replaced)
BE#13: Frozen 3D+2D WEA Steelbook
BE#14: Thor 3D+2D debossed WEA steelbook
BE#15: Thor2 3D+2D debossed WEA steelbook

I think either Blufans changed the number order or people got the info wrong but this info that I am posted came from Blufans like 2 or 3 months ago.

I will contact a BF expert to confirm info

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

The exclusive number has been adjusted to following:
BE#7 UP Boxset
BE#9 Pacific Rim
BE#12 Gravity(cancelled) → Mistery Title(probably Wall-E)
BE#13 Frozen
BE#14 Thor
BE#15 Thor2
BE#16 Captain America
BE#17 Captain America 2
BE#18 Kung Fu Panda
BE#19 Kung Fu Panda 2
BE#20 Need for Speed

Thanks to AlamoSoul BF expert :)

why this one and Frozen both are numbered the same i.e. # Blufans 13

The thread titles for these Blufans releases need to be updated. Because Gravity is cancelled the previous BE16 [Mystery Movie] is now BE12.

The updated numbers:

BE12 Mystery Movie
BE13 Frozen
BE14 Thor 1
BE15 Thor 2
BE16 Captain America 1
BE17 Captain America 2
BE18 Kung Fu Panda 1
BE19 Kung Fu Panda 2
BE20 Need For Speed

The info that I had was

I think either Blufans changed the number order or people got the info wrong but this info that I am posted came from Blufans like 2 or 3 months ago.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

BE#7 UP Boxset
BE#9 Pacific Rim
BE#13 Frozen
BE#14 Thor
BE#15 Thor2
BE#16 Captain America
BE#17 Captain America 2
BE#18 Kung Fu Panda
BE#19 Kung Fu Panda 2
BE#20 Need for Speed

According to Kevin it is a Pixar release. In my opinion it will actually be Ratatouille because Ratatouille 3d releases July 21 in the UK and this mystery title is released in August.

Reactions: Hatori
Me too but I think we're getting Thored Up with the same artwork on every release, so many were released so far.

don't get me wrong it's already pre ordered but it's loosing it's excitement. I still think so far one of the best one was the Taiwanese release

nah what I'm I saying, it's pretty sweet :p

Last edited:
The info that I had was

BE#7 UP Boxset
BE#9 Pacific Rim
BE#13 Frozen
BE#14 Thor
BE#15 Thor2
BE#16 Captain America
BE#17 Captain America 2
BE#18 Kung Fu Panda
BE#19 Kung Fu Panda 2
BE#20 Need for Speed

Just a clarification that BE#7 is not only the boxset of Up. Its the 2D slip and 3D slip version also.

Reactions: harry
I wish bf would stop doing specials on all the movies i like :LOL: on top of Thor, Captain America series I'm gonna be wanting the pacific rim and frozen releases too :ohno: Never bothered with a credit card but I'm starting to think I'm gonna need one :hilarious:

Also a bit gutted about the lack of WEA. However the back without the 3 daft pictures on it is much better. I still think this will be the best one out of the lot, but it could have gone so much further. Still buying it though as I've held on this long for it

Definitely passing on this one. Those failed artworks are spectacular. This one, while the best steel of the film, is still a boring design. I personally love the US slip with its holofoil.

Reactions: Tellymon
What I don't get is why artworks are rejected because some spokespersons think it wouldn't sell well in China. By now they should have realised that most collectors are digging blufans releases and mainly these people are not from China but from all over the world, America, Europe and what not. Furthermore, I guess there has never been a blufans release that didn't sell out immediately. Well, and c'mon it's marvel, it's Thor - this was sold-out the second they announced it! Strange thoughts these, just don't get it :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmyv
Is that sarcasm? Blufans and Kimchi are always the best.

Kimchi(for the Lenti) & Taiwanese Release(one of the most beautiful 1/4 slip this year even though year isn't over it will be in top 10)

Note: same back artwork used in the Taiwanese release J-card as this one as the steel (don't know about the steel taiwan as I didn't open a copy)

Last edited:
It's gunna be hard to top the kimchi Lenti edition.

I actually perfer the BB int artwork over this new version.

So far Im not too impressed but in sure this will turn out very nice regardless

Oh for real ???

This is basically exactly the Future shop front cover and the back cover of the Taiwan Slip with just the cape in the wind.

I remember seeing other proofs for the open artwork, there was Thor and His brother,

Something is not right this isn't exclusive artwork

and what about the from cover Thor with all black behind him as we saw as sample pic on the OP of the thread for such a while now ? This one was exciting

@Actarus, it's been widely discussed that Marvel shut down those other mock ups. Stubborn Marvel wants the same artwork all through, what a shame.
So with that in mind, Blufans is doing the best they can with this design. It's still gonna be highly sort after and yes, I'm going to get it.