Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #15) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 lenticular, 700 1/4 slip)
Notes: Embossed steelbook
3D and 2D slipcover
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group Buy: Click here for the Hi-Def Ninja Blufans Marvel GB

154907hwwhzurhgddjqhhq.jpg

154903bb9kglb8qe8gl5jm.jpg 154912jreber385hbbu3zo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Actarus, it's been widely discussed that Marvel shut down those other mock ups. Stubborn Marvel wants the same artwork all through, what a shame.
So with that in mind, Blufans is doing the best they can with this design. It's still gonna be highly sort after and yes, I'm going to get it.

Hey there :) thanks for that as i guess I missed a lot as I was not really reading was just waiting for the release date lol ... oh No they are stupid indeed, I don't understand their marketing strategy...I mean what is it really to them to allow another pict or inside artwork as we have seen, can't they see ?

Last edited:
Blufans Marvel Series Update

Thor 1
3D/2D region free discs. 3D disc is worldwide edition.
WEA embossed front steelbook with full height lenticular slip cover.
To include a gift but is subject to approval from Marvel.
In production.

Thor 2
3D/2D region free discs.
Embossed title front steelbook with WEA back and inside. Full height lenticular slip cover.
In production.

Thor 1+2 Boxset
A Single large lenticular slip cover fits both steelbooks. Steelbooks are not put into their own respective slip covers.
To include a gift, which is different to the gift for each separate release. But is subject to approval from Marvel.

Captain America 1
3D/2D region free discs.
Preparing to include a gift but is subject to approval from Marvel.
Artwork design finalised. Preparing for proofs.

Captain America 2
3D/2D region free discs.
Embossed title front steelbook with WEA back and inside. Full height lenticular slip cover.
Embossing will be different to WWA edition.

Captain America 1+2 Boxset
A Single large lenticular slip cover fits both steelbooks. Steelbooks are not put into their own respective slip covers.
To include a gift, which is different to the gift for each separate release. But is subject to approval from Marvel.

Blufans Official Taobao Online Shop will be opened on Monday August 11th to start preordering these 6 items.

Last edited:
Same ugly artwork back again. The heads have been scratched off. I was really hoping for something much much better. It's an improvement I guess it's not as ugly as the first. So will be acquiring it for sure.

Think it will be a pass for me. I got the Best Buy one which at least had the title debased on the front, so won't be paying all that money just for a slip cover! I always get annoyed at the fact that it will also come as a double slip.... we all know there will be a Thor and Captain America sequel again, so why not leave room for a third!!! That's what has actually put me off more than anything... the OCD in me rearing its ugly head!!!

hi am really starting to looking into starting a blu-fans steelbook collection just wondering does any one know how i can get them i know they only release in china but i notice group buys on most other things like future shop etc so do people do this on blu-fans

Blufans Marvel Series Update

Thor 1
3D/2D region free discs. 3D disc is worldwide edition.
In production.

Thor 2
3D/2D region free discs.
In production.

Thor 1+2 Boxset

Captain America 1
3D/2D region free discs.

Captain America 2
3D/2D region free discs.
Embossing will be different to WWA edition.

Captain America 1+2 Boxset

Blufans Official Taobao Online Shop will be opened on Monday August 11th to start preordering these 6 items.
I still drool every time I read this :hilarious:

I hope Marvel approve gift. :theflash: :hulk: :ironman: :watch: I wonder what it'll be - clear slip for all edition? :woot:

Reactions: harry