Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #15) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 lenticular, 700 1/4 slip)
Notes: Embossed steelbook
3D and 2D slipcover
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group Buy: Click here for the Hi-Def Ninja Blufans Marvel GB

154907hwwhzurhgddjqhhq.jpg

154903bb9kglb8qe8gl5jm.jpg 154912jreber385hbbu3zo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Okay...I am sure it won't float everyone's boat but here is my personal wet dream Dark World steelbook...

2d9k.jpg

GT... I wish so bad you were the one designing these. That looks AWESOME! I will never understand the camp of blu ray steelbookers that hate on artwork when there's a lot going on. When a studio becomes daring enough to approve a steelbook with a front cover image like this, it will sell out very fast... and all the people who say it's too busy will buy it anyway.

This and your front cover for The Incredibles is exactly the kind of artwork that is my favorite. It feels correct. It represents the movie all in one concise picture. Well.. here is the best way to put it... it makes want to BUST OUT THE DISC WATCH IT!

Is it possible to persuade a company to use a professionally fan-made steelbook design? I think with so many passionate steelbook collectors with talented photoshop skills, companies should hold contests for the SB community to create and pick designs (at least for some releases). Maybe this has been discussed before. Either way, I'd put my vote on this one, buddy.

Thanks. Okay...I am sure it won't float everyone's boat but here is my personal wet dream Dark World steelbook...

2d9k.jpg

I like that art. I will go one step further and suggest that the name Thor on the front Should be embossed and have a crackle textured sparkly effect inside the gold border. :scat:

That would be amazing!!!

Reactions: bluray4life
I am desperate to see the art and slip for this and Kimchi! I don't want to jump for the FS edition and then have this or Kimchi also have debossed title :ohno:

2d9k.jpg

This artwork with a debossed "THOR" would be amazing! (not "The Dark World" debossed.. just THOR)

And imagine a gorgeous "Oz level of quality" Blufans GLOSS! OMG :drool:

I wouldn't TOUCH the front cover. It is the perfect choice IMO.

Nothing wrong with GT's back cover, but here are some ideas for alternatives and a couple inside possibilities:

Back Cover THOR (minus all text)

Thor-The-Dark-World-poster-3_zps2a6ab26f.jpg

Back Cover LOKI (minus all text)
521ade67c416e_zps35832ea8.jpg

Back Cover VILLAIN

ThorTheDarkWorldPoster862013_zps5b88cf24.jpg

Inside THOR

thor-the-dark-world-23145-1440x900_zps4725c6fa.jpg

Inside THOR and LOKI faceoff
Thor2inside_zps40f9a462.jpg