Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #8) [Korea]

Which artwork you want to see as lenticular ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: March 10th, 2014
Audio: English DTS HD 7.1, Chinese, Thai
Subtitle: Korean, English, All Chinese, Portuguese, Thai, Bahasa, Indonesian, Malaysian
Print run: 1K (numbered)
Price: 44.99$
Pre-order link: (Pre-orders were live Feb. 14)
- Lenticular edition: 700 print run (Order Limit 3x PP) - here (Sold out!)
- 1/4 slip edition: 300 print run (Order limit 2x PP)
- here (Sold out!)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

13922039987962494.jpg

13922038446390.jpg

Detail packaging:
- Thor: The Dark World Character art card
- booklet
- Clear full plastic slip (as Thor 2 KR edition) as gift for pre-order bonus
- kimchidvd exclusive sticker
- kimchidvd numbered art card
- 6x art card will be included

Lenticular Artwork for poll:
#1 artwork candidate (lighting is lenticular effect) - confirmed

??1.jpg

#2 artwork candidate (lighting is lenticular effect)
??3.jpg
#3 artwork candidate
??4.jpg

Pre-order Time: Time 8PM (KR) / 11AM UK / 6AM USA(East) / Aus 22PM (south) Click HERE and use dropdown box for your local time

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 772
Last edited by a moderator:
I asked KimchiDVD about the correct exclusive sticker... that was the response
It is not possible. as you know too many people want to that.

We are glad you're so understanding.
:(

Was your steelbook directly from KimchiDVD or from a reseller? If latter, I can understand why it'd be problematic for KimchiDVD to send the sticker(s) to somebody who hasn't ordered the steelbook from them.

In that case your best course of action would probably be to contact the seller, who in turn can request the stickers from KimchiDVD.
If they dont send out replacement stickers then i feel sorry for the collectors who have all the Kimchi exclusives to date.
I don't think there's a general problem with sending out stickers to KimchiDVD customers.

This morning I fired up an email to Tony quoting my order number and inquiring if the replacement stickers could be included in a pre-order of mine.

Less than 15 minutes later he replied that the stickers would be included in my order.

I got the distinct impression that the stickers were already marked for inclusion, as he quoted a different pre-order number than what I had suggested in my email.

Originally I just thought I'd follow the "Notice" page on KimchiDVD home page for an announcement about the replacement stickers, but as I noticed the post by eLviS1987, I thought maybe I should check, just to err on the safe side.

I think we all agree that this is one thing that kimchi did wrong and they should do sth about it.

Anyhow, I had the idea that they would fix this.

W
I don't think there's a general problem with sending out stickers to KimchiDVD customers.

This morning I fired up an email to Tony quoting my order number and inquiring if the replacement stickers could be included in a pre-order of mine.

Less than 15 minutes later he replied that the stickers would be included in my order.

I got the distinct impression that the stickers were already marked for inclusion, as he quoted a different pre-order number than what I had suggested in my email.

Originally I just thought I'd follow the "Notice" page on KimchiDVD home page for an announcement about the replacement stickers, but as I noticed the post by eLviS1987, I thought maybe I should check, just to err on the safe side.

So, should we send an email individually?

Last edited:
If you ordered directly from Kimchi then I think you'll be getting the replacement stickers with your next order, but might be worth contacting Tony to request this.

Not sure what's going to happen if you don't order anything else from them. I doubt Kimchi will just send out the stickers.

I think those that bought off ebay or from another 3rd party are going to be out of luck, unless they can request the original buyer to buy something else, get the replacement stickers and send them on !

Was your steelbook directly from KimchiDVD or from a reseller? If latter, I can understand why it'd be problematic for KimchiDVD to send the sticker(s) to somebody who hasn't ordered the steelbook from them.

In that case your best course of action would probably be to contact the seller, who in turn can request the stickers from KimchiDVD.

Good call, I've just done the same thing for an order I just placed. I was going to wait and order the 3 things along with Snowpiercer and ask then, but the 3 things alone weigh 1000g and I think it would look very suspicious to have 5 items, probably 2000g in weight and it be under $20 value :p

I don't know why people are so adamant in wanting the corrected sticker. As a steelbook collector we know that most often those imperfections will actually make the item more special. It's clear with the numbering card that it is the correct number, even if I get my sticker I am not replacing my copies with the correct one, I like that Flaw ! Flaws most often add value.

I don't know why people are so adamant in wanting the corrected sticker. As a steelbook collector we know that most often those imperfections will actually make the item more special. It's clear with the numbering card that it is the correct number, even if I get my sticker I am not replacing my copies with the correct one, I like that Flaw ! Flaws most often add value.

Dude! I agree!

I will definatly contact the Ninja who hooked me up with my copy, to see about the replacement sticker.

BUT

The thing is...even if I get the new sticker, Im not gunna put it on my sealed copy! I think it's perfect as-is. Dont get me Wrong,...I would tape it to the poly sleeve or something. And it would make this edition even more amazing. But, at the end of the day, Im not gunna change anything about my #094 or #667 Sealed mint Lenti copies.

I really want the stickers though! I think, before I bother my Seller's about this, I will contact Kimchi and show proof that I DO INDEED OWN #094 & #667. Hopefully they will just send me the stickers even though I'm not the original buyer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 140

I want it because I am due it. Whether I actually stick it on there is a different story.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Im not gunna change anything about my #094 or #667 Sealed mint Lenti copies.

OOOOOH, so close to having me hassle you about swapping!

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I have no plans to order, will be interesting to see if he decides to send me my stickers anyway. I have sold/traded my Thor 2 and just want to help out the persons that now have them.

Reactions: works99
Probably the stupidest decision of my steelbook collecting 'career' was not buying this when it was in my basket on launch day! Changed my mind... What a muppet! Now I want it :( lol

lol, we've all been there. I declined stacks of about 10x HMV Thor, 10x Cap America and 10x Drive's when they all came out, all reduced to sub £10 each. You live and learn...