Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #8) [Korea]

Which artwork you want to see as lenticular ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: March 10th, 2014
Audio: English DTS HD 7.1, Chinese, Thai
Subtitle: Korean, English, All Chinese, Portuguese, Thai, Bahasa, Indonesian, Malaysian
Print run: 1K (numbered)
Price: 44.99$
Pre-order link: (Pre-orders were live Feb. 14)
- Lenticular edition: 700 print run (Order Limit 3x PP) - here (Sold out!)
- 1/4 slip edition: 300 print run (Order limit 2x PP)
- here (Sold out!)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

13922039987962494.jpg

13922038446390.jpg

Detail packaging:
- Thor: The Dark World Character art card
- booklet
- Clear full plastic slip (as Thor 2 KR edition) as gift for pre-order bonus
- kimchidvd exclusive sticker
- kimchidvd numbered art card
- 6x art card will be included

Lenticular Artwork for poll:
#1 artwork candidate (lighting is lenticular effect) - confirmed

??1.jpg

#2 artwork candidate (lighting is lenticular effect)
??3.jpg
#3 artwork candidate
??4.jpg

Pre-order Time: Time 8PM (KR) / 11AM UK / 6AM USA(East) / Aus 22PM (south) Click HERE and use dropdown box for your local time

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 772
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks, despite keeping away from the foreign steelbook market for the most part, I've eventually succumbed to the lure of some of the lovelier NovaMedia and Kimchidvd specials. In that regard I managed to snag a Lenticular version of the Thor:TDW Lenitcular steel and just wondering if they still offer replacement stickers? Have contacted them via their facebook page and website but with no response. Also if anyone has a sticker they don't want or need then I'd be glad to purchase it from them.

Regards.

Al

Hi folks, despite keeping away from the foreign steelbook market for the most part, I've eventually succumbed to the lure of some of the lovelier NovaMedia and Kimchidvd specials. In that regard I managed to snag a Lenticular version of the Thor:TDW Lenitcular steel and just wondering if they still offer replacement stickers? Have contacted them via their facebook page and website but with no response. Also if anyone has a sticker they don't want or need then I'd be glad to purchase it from them.

Regards.

Al

Kimchi offered the replacement stickers to only customers who have bough their Thor TDW Kimchi Exclusive directly from their website. If the purchase was not made directly from Kimchi, no replacement stickers would be given. Best option is to find someone why has them and willing to send you some...

@alphatyrant

But it's not a bad thing that there is a typo on the label, mistakes on titles and slips can increase the value of a steel, I don't know about this case as it on only a sticker, but imperfections on a release can be sought after... all my Thors, I never replaced the labels, I am happy that the mistake is there, they did the mistake and shipped it this way and it feels more authentic than sticking the corrected one over the one with the wrong exclusive number initially shipped.

@alphatyrant

But it's not a bad thing that there is a typo on the label, mistakes on titles and slips can increase the value of a steel, I don't know about this case as it on only a sticker, but imperfections on a release can be sought after... all my Thors, I never replaced the labels, I am happy that the mistake is there, they did the mistake and shipped it this way and it feels more authentic than sticking the corrected one over the one with the wrong exclusive number initially shipped.
True that lol. Imperfection is the new perfection...this world is confusing hahaha!

Hope i've made the right decision to pass(blufans). The kimchi lenticular will be mine one day
Follow your dreams, kids. I honestly have no regrets about picking this up over the blufans. This release is honestly worth all the hype in my opinion. I think it's only rivaled by kimchi's Tangled for me, personally. The colours are so vibrant and the depth is superb.
dsc_0016-jpg.170452

dsc_0017-jpg.170453
dsc_0019-jpg.170454

My lenticular MCU collection is coming along, slowly but surely.
dsc_0020-jpg.170455

Last edited:
Is it cool to mention eBay auctions here? Just that I see a seller in German is auctioning of a copy of Thor Dark World Lenti that is numbered 1. Thought it might be of interest to some.

Hello Mate, no ebay talks need to be taken to the proper ebay related chatting thread as a Moderator will come and move or delete your post, this Release Thread for this release is meant for discussing the release only. Hope this info helps :)

Since there isn't much conversation in regards to this release as it is an old one, I don't think your post would derail the conversation in regards to the release. They don't want us posting anything in regards to ebay in release threads as they tends to derail the conversation which should be discussing the release. But since this is an old Thread, I don't think your post would derail the conversation.

I would simply just not post ebay related post in NEW Releases threads :)

Reactions: Bruckle
This is still an outstanding lenti from Kimchi. I also like the 1/4 slip which only has a 300 print run. That being said, I like this along with the Blufans version (nice that they're both different, but I prefer the Kimchi lenti design).