Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: 14th of December, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192344-1214340183262405.jpg

11192344-3264340183274492.jpg 11192344-9334340183287227.jpg

Last edited:
not digging this version...
incoherent artwork, floating heads and lightning galore

i'm starting to like the spot-gloss Blufans release artwork even more now

Reactions: dLux
not digging this version...
incoherent artwork, floating heads and lightning galore

i'm starting to like the spot-gloss Blufans release artwork even more now

Feel the same. To me it looks like an amateur has gone Photoshoping.

Not a fan of the artwork another let down from Zavvi as usual it's a pass for me money saved on this one.

Not too familiar with these lenticular releases... does that just mean that they'll have a lenticular slip cover or do they do some sort of crazy lenticular-attached-to-the-cover thing?

I think a little more lightning wouldn't hurt. REALLY emphasize the hammer-wielding God associated to the thunder! ahh yes, please Zavvi, put some on the inside art too!!!

There is no print run information for any Steelbook of this lenticular wave so I am wondering how limited they are. I guess I will wait for a price drop as I doubt they will sell out quick. The fact that I have to pay for additional VAT makes it too expensive even I would love to have the complete set

£28.99 is not the price it will be when it goes live it will be less

None of these steelbooks have been officially announced yet by Zavvi the price in the links are a place holder prices as are the release dates which may change
These steelbooks are not officially listed yet on the website or even announced by Zavvi yet
Zavvi have already tweeted these are not the actual prices they will be when ready to pre order

When they are live to pre order that is when the price will be known
Zavvi Zbox Curator tweet on twitter
That's not the final price, we've not released any info.

Ahhhh... so that's how they do it? Do these things work well? For some reason, "magnet" sounds flimsy. ;)

It's like a magnetic sheet, so if you mean do these work well as in sticking to the steel then yes they work very well that way but if you mean the effect then all I can say is no for zavvi as they have only released one and it was terrible (avengers assemble with lenti magnet) but other lenticulars from say nova are incredible and have huge depth. Even lenticular slips that come with standard blu rays are better than zavvi attempt.

Basically don't hold your breathe at these lenticulars looking any good!
Which is a shame

• Helpful Post
Reactions: natlee75
Ahhhh... so that's how they do it? Do these things work well? For some reason, "magnet" sounds flimsy. ;)
Yep that's how it is. Not really a big fan of magnets but there are some good ones out there. As far as I know, they don't scratch/damage the steelbook. And if you ever get into custom magnets and/or lenti slips, you can buy these magnet sheets from Amazon/ebay. :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: natlee75