Threads - Zavvi [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Issue #1 is available to pre-order here for £9.99.
Here at ZBOX, we’re teaming up with some of the best up-and-coming designers, writers and graphic novelists in order to bring you THREADS. For just £9.99, you will receive an exclusively designed T-Shirt and a either a book or graphic novel based around the same theme. Each month will be limited to 1000 boxes.

More info on the Threads subscription can be found here.

1.jpg

Just seen that they've used images from Drive and Taxi Driver on the banner for Issue #4. I don't recall the images on the banners for previous issues actually relating to the items inside, but it'd be cool if it was the case this time around! I doubt I'll be able to resist this one if it does include something Drive related. @Flloydo

View attachment 242221

I see that earlier and instantly thought of you and the convo we had the other month with a drive shirt but I thought it would annoy you so didn't post it lol

If it's drive I'll be p*ssed

Here's what's inside Issue #3 by the way...

View attachment 242222
The cyborg assassin was back alright, and he returned to influence the THREADS issue #3 t-shirt. The Terminator stimulated the robotic and futuristic design of the latest unique digital art print. This exclusive Terminator-inspired t-shirt was available as part of the THREADS subscription in Schwarzenegger, and non-Schwarzenegger sizes!

View attachment 242223
Charlie Jane Anders’s fantasy All the Birds in the Sky tells the tale of two friends - Patricia, a witch who can communicate with animals, and Laurence - a scientist and inventor. After years apart they come together once again to discover that their creative chemistry is greater than ever before. In this fairy tale and adventure rolled into one, the reunited duo use science and magic in tandem to fight an apocalyptic world.

Not a bad shirt. Need to see a better pic though

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I see that earlier and instantly thought of you and the convo we had the other month with a drive shirt but I thought it would annoy you so didn't post it lol

If it's drive I'll be p*ssed

Not a bad shirt. Need to see a better pic though
Don't be daft mate... it wouldn't annoy me at all, especially if it's something to do with Drive! :p

I'm not too keen on the Terminator one... I don't like that some random guy with a questionable facial expression steals the spotlight by being at the front, whilst the endoskeletons are barely noticeable because they're tucked away at the back.

Thats one ugly shirt.. was there a drive one?
Not yet, but I was saying the next one could possibly be Drive considering the promo banner. It probably won't be though knowing Zavvi... their ads are always misleading. :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Flash
I really wish with all these things they would go back you can buy one

One zbox
One threads

It's rubbish it became all subscitption or nothing and yes you can cancel but it's a hassle

• Thanks
Don't be daft mate... it wouldn't annoy me at all, especially if it's something to do with Drive! :p

I'm not too keen on the Terminator one... I don't like that some random guy with a questionable facial expression steals the spotlight by being at the front, whilst the endoskeletons are barely noticeable because they're tucked away at the back.

Not yet, but I was saying the next one could possibly be Drive considering the promo banner. It probably won't be though knowing Zavvi... their ads are always misleading. :rolleyes:

I would love the next one to be a drive shirt but I'm not going to risk it. Plus all the images like you say that they show to promote threads have had nothing to do with the shirt. Wasn't this one spidey and something else not to do with this? what have they got to do with terminator? Lol
Thats what I meant that I would be p*ssed because I would like a cool drive shirt and my luck would be i go for it and it's nothing to do with drive or I pass and It will be drive lol

I only meant p*ss you off because it a Zbox/thread and subscription issue and I know the problems
You had.

Yeah it's not amazing but it's also not too cr*p IMO do need to see a clearer pic though and close up

I completely agree that the terminators are too far away and not the focus

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Flash
I really wish with all these things they would go back you can buy one

One zbox
One threads

It's rubbish it became all subscitption or nothing and yes you can cancel but it's a hassle
Me too. I honestly can't understand their business ethics... they seriously don't make things easy for themselves or their customers. These would sell a lot better if they just simply scrapped the forced subscriptions... either they're really stubborn/ignorant and ignore feedback, or they're dumb as cow muck. :cow:

I would love the next one to be a drive shirt but I'm not going to risk it. Plus all the images like you say that they show to promote threads have had nothing to do with the shirt. Wasn't this one spidey and something else not to do with this? what have they got to do with terminator? Lol
Thats what I meant that I would be p*ssed because I would like a cool drive shirt and my luck would be i go for it and it's nothing to do with drive or I pass and It will be drive lol

I only meant p*ss you off because it a Zbox/thread and subscription issue and I know the problems
You had.

Yeah it's not amazing but it's also not too cr*p IMO do need to see a clearer pic though and close up

I completely agree that the terminators are too far away and not the focus
I'm not going to risk it either mate... chances are it won't be Drive related, but if it is, then I'd rather just try my luck on eBay - that's when you know a company is bad!

Yeah, the last one had Spidey and Batman on the promo... so not even close to what was actually in the box lol. They've suddenly gone from using digital art in their ads to actual photos though, which is also what's made me somewhat curious.

I tried looking for a better photo or an unboxing of the Terminator one, but no one seems to have received it yet. I don't hate it... it's still pretty cool, but it would've been a lot better if they'd focused more on the endos or Terminator himself.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Agreed, it's more about the face at the front than the Terminators at the back which is the wrong way round for me.
That said, I'm still happy with Threads on the whole as not stupidly priced.

Cheers for the pics

Really like the colours on the shirt but I agree with you and @Noodles that the focus is on the petrified human and not on the terminators when it should be the other way round

• Thanks
I forgot that they also chuck in a comic with these... if it wasn't for their stupid auto renewal on subscriptions, then I'd be all over this!

Reactions: Flash
Threads #4 Revealed -

Threads 4 T.jpg
You talkin' to me? Fashioning the classic New York City taxi colours of yellow and black, the THREADS issue #4 t-shirt depicts scenes from the exhilarating 1970s Scorsese film Taxi Driver. The exclusively designed print will forever remain a special edition so the t-shirt’s status will remain just as classic as the movie it’s inspired by.

Threads 4 Book.jpg
A Hollywood stunt driver by day, and a driver for the criminal underworld by night – Drive tell the story of talented motorist only ever referred to as ‘the driver’. Set across LA and Arizona, the plot’s non-liner style and violet imagery results in a heart racing, fast paced story which boomerangs from differing times and place. Author James Sallis’s cinematic narrative depicts the Driver's menacing, unlawful life in this crime thriller.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Threads #4 Revealed -

View attachment 247636
You talkin' to me? Fashioning the classic New York City taxi colours of yellow and black, the THREADS issue #4 t-shirt depicts scenes from the exhilarating 1970s Scorsese film Taxi Driver. The exclusively designed print will forever remain a special edition so the t-shirt’s status will remain just as classic as the movie it’s inspired by.

View attachment 247639
A Hollywood stunt driver by day, and a driver for the criminal underworld by night – Drive tell the story of talented motorist only ever referred to as ‘the driver’. Set across LA and Arizona, the plot’s non-liner style and violet imagery results in a heart racing, fast paced story which boomerangs from differing times and place. Author James Sallis’s cinematic narrative depicts the Driver's menacing, unlawful life in this crime thriller.

Not too bad tbh

Not sure if I like the shirt or not but I prefer these to zboxes

They offered it for £5 which I'd get but not getting anymore subscriptions from Zavvi it's such a hassle why can't you just have one box, :(

Threads #4 Revealed -

View attachment 247636

View attachment 247639
Surely they could've come up with something better than that for such a classic film?! It reminds me of Wreck-It Ralph lol.

1.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: bigfub and Flash
Of course Threads #5 hasn't even dispatched yet because Zavvi are being they're usual rubbish selves :(

It has been revealed on the website though with an Alien themed t-shirt and another book by Ernest Cline (Ready Player One).