Threads - Zavvi [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Issue #1 is available to pre-order here for £9.99.
Here at ZBOX, we’re teaming up with some of the best up-and-coming designers, writers and graphic novelists in order to bring you THREADS. For just £9.99, you will receive an exclusively designed T-Shirt and a either a book or graphic novel based around the same theme. Each month will be limited to 1000 boxes.

More info on the Threads subscription can be found here.

1.jpg

I've already said too much. :censored: :p

I haven't been keeping up-to-date with these, so I don't know what other shirts/films they've done. Just seen the Mad Max one which is cool! I kind of regret never picking up the Blade Runnder one... that's still probably my favourite. I'm still waiting for the day when they do a Drive and/or Matrix one though!

Haha have you! Please don't tell me your not a Indy fan!!! That's if it's Indy lol

Would love a drive and/ or matrix one

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles

image.jpeg

You seriously not a Indy fan?

If so then I guess that's one of the films you recently watched and wasn't a fan which means this is a Indy shirt.

If so then I hope it's a cracker, reaching in for the hat, or running from the boulder or tied up with Sean back to back and fire everywhere. Tbh loads of iconic imagery so I'll wait and see what it is

Aslong as its not a image or scene from the newest Indy

(Still don't tell me, incase I'm wrong)

View attachment 278356

You seriously not a Indy fan?

If so then I guess that's one of the films you recently watched and wasn't a fan which means this is a Indy shirt.

If so then I hope it's a cracker, reaching in for the hat, or running from the boulder or tied up with Sean back to back and fire everywhere. Tbh loads of iconic imagery so I'll wait and see what it is

Aslong as its not a image or scene from the newest Indy

(Still don't tell me, incase I'm wrong)
We'll discuss this more once you receive your shirt... which totally isn't Indy! :muted:

This is Zavvi we're talking about, so obviously they'd use the image of Shia swinging through the jungle. :LOL:

We'll discuss this more once you receive your shirt... which totally isn't Indy! :muted:

This is Zavvi we're talking about, so obviously they'd use the image of Shia swinging through the jungle. :LOL:

It f*cking better not be.

They got back to me really quickly. Subscription is cancelled.

Checked the subscription part in account and no current subscriptions so it looks like they have learned how to do their job in the last couple of months

• Thanks
@Noodles @bigfub mine arrived today

I'm happy with it, cool pic, nice colours but I ordered a men's xxl (I like my shirts a bit baggy and I roll the sleeves up - well because hey I'm cool lol) but they have cut the tag out but printed on the neck it says female fit lol found that very cheeky, they tried to cover it up by cutting out the label but it's still there - idiots. And it says men's xxl on the sticker on the box,

Women's t shirts are actually designed different to men's too incase you wasn't aware so it's annoyed me a little.

Book looks cool and Called twisted light and apprently its lighter side to the authors 'twisted dark' which to me sounds much better and cooler. Have a feeling this one will be too happy for me

Anyway I know you've both seen it but here's a pic

image.jpeg

Noodles i seriously can't believe you don't like Indy! I'm shocked

One of the best trilogy's in film and also which is rare in cinema but the third with Connery is one of the best of the 3

My ranking from top to bottom is 3,1,2

Can't grumble for £5

• Thanks
@Noodles @bigfub mine arrived today

I'm happy with it, cool pic, nice colours but I ordered a men's xxl (I like my shirts a bit baggy and I roll the sleeves up - well because hey I'm cool lol) but they have cut the tag out but printed on the neck it says female fit lol found that very cheeky, they tried to cover it up by cutting out the label but it's still there - idiots. And it says men's xxl on the sticker on the box,

Women's t shirts are actually designed different to men's too incase you wasn't aware so it's annoyed me a little.

Book looks cool and Called twisted light and apprently its lighter side to the authors 'twisted dark' which to me sounds much better and cooler. Have a feeling this one will be too happy for me

Anyway I know you've both seen it but here's a pic

View attachment 278993

Noodles i seriously can't believe you don't like Indy! I'm shocked

One of the best trilogy's in film and also which is rare in cinema but the third with Connery is one of the best of the 3

My ranking from top to bottom is 3,1,2

Can't grumble for £5
Glad you're happy with it mate... it is a really cool design. :)

Very cheeky of Zavvi to do that! Not that it surprises me though... it's typical of them, but it still annoys me each and every time that I hear stories of their shenanigans. I used to help out at a charity shop on the clothing section, so I know that women's clothing is generally slim fit compared to men's... plus I'm sure anyone would notice the difference straight away just by wearing it. The fact Zavvi think they could away with it just by removing the tag is laughable. Absolute idiots! :rolleyes:

I'll try not to get in to it too much here, but I think one of the main reasons I'm not a fan of Indy (I actually like the character, but find the films quite cheesy) is because I didn't grow up with them like others seem to have done... I was very late to the party! Also, the main thing that really bugs me are his annoying love interests/sidekicks... I might find them more bearable if it wasn't for those characters. :wtf:

But yeah... the third is easily the most entertaining! It reminded me of old school Bond is some ways, which is kind of ironic considering Connery is in that one. I still haven't even checked out the fourth film... pretty sure I'll hate it though since that's considered the worst, because I find them all very overrated to be honest. :bag:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Glad you're happy with it mate... it is a really cool design. :)

Very cheeky of Zavvi to do that! Not that it surprises me though... it's typical of them, but it still annoys me each and every time that I hear stories of their shenanigans. I used to help out at a charity shop on the clothing section, so I know that women's clothing is generally slim fit compared to men's... plus I'm sure anyone would notice the difference straight away just by wearing it. The fact Zavvi think they could away with it just by removing the tag is laughable. Absolute idiots! :rolleyes:

I'll try not to get in to it too much here, but I think one of the main reasons I'm not a fan of Indy (I actually like the character, but find the films quite cheesy) is because I didn't grow up with them like others seem to have done... I was very late to the party! Also, the main thing that really bugs me are his annoying love interests/sidekicks... I might find them more bearable if it wasn't for those characters. :wtf:

But yeah... the third is easily the most entertaining! It reminded me of old school Bond is some ways, which is kind of ironic considering Connery is in that one. I still haven't even checked out the fourth film... pretty sure I'll hate it though since that's considered the worst, because I find them all very overrated to be honest. :bag:

Luckily it's larger so it's not as slim as a fitted women's top. And wearing it you can't notice but women's necks on shirts are usually smaller and that's the only thing I've noticed on the shirt, I get a bit weird with tight necks and feel kinda claustrophobic in them. But it's not too bad in this case as its a bigger size.
They are idiots

Hmmm fair dos, I did always watch these as a kid and me and my mates are huge fans.

Haha, his ladies is fine in them. Not as annoying as some in films plus the one from doom is spielbergs ex. And the one from the first (marrion) is the best She's a decent actress and does appear in the 4th too and as for his side kick short round (data from goonies) he's quality lol
Alfred Molina too, his first film

Broody is too good. Anyway

He is like a explorer version of bond, I love that he's a professor at a big school/uni

Don't watch the 4th. If you have ever seen the South Park episode where the boys are all upset their mate gor r*ped then you will understand. They play it perfect in that episode regardless of how bad the comparison is

• Thanks
Luckily it's larger so it's not as slim as a fitted women's top. And wearing it you can't notice but women's necks on shirts are usually smaller and that's the only thing I've noticed on the shirt, I get a bit weird with tight necks and feel kinda claustrophobic in them. But it's not too bad in this case as its a bigger size.
They are idiots

Hmmm fair dos, I did always watch these as a kid and me and my mates are huge fans.

Haha, his ladies is fine in them. Not as annoying as some in films plus the one from doom is spielbergs ex. And the one from the first (marrion) is the best She's a decent actress and does appear in the 4th too and as for his side kick short round (data from goonies) he's quality lol
Alfred Molina too, his first film

Broody is too good. Anyway

He is like a explorer version of bond, I love that he's a professor at a big school/uni

Don't watch the 4th. If you have ever seen the South Park episode where the boys are all upset their mate gor r*ped then you will understand. They play it perfect in that episode regardless of how bad the comparison is
You've got to be kidding?! The woman in the first Indy was one of the most annoying love interests I've seen in a film... and I honestly thought that she couldn't act for s*** which didn't help matters lol. That kid in the second film really did my nut in though... this might sound horrible, but I was praying that he'd die at some point. :LOL:

I don't know much about what happens in four and I no longer watch South Park (used to back in the day, but couldn't keep up with it all), so I have no clue what you're referring to unfortunately. The only thing I do know is that Shia apparently swings through a jungle with monkeys and Indy locks himself in a fridge to avoid an atomic blast or something...? :facepalm:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
You've got to be kidding?! The woman in the first Indy was one of the most annoying love interests I've seen in a film... and I honestly thought that she couldn't act for s*** which didn't help matters lol. That kid in the second film really did my nut in though... this might sound horrible, but I was praying that he'd die at some point. :LOL:

I don't know much about what happens in four and I no longer watch South Park (used to back in the day, but couldn't keep up with it all), so I have no clue what you're referring to unfortunately. The only thing I do know is that Shia apparently swings through a jungle with monkeys and Indy locks himself in a fridge to avoid an atomic blast or something...? :facepalm:

Really? She's Whiney but she's supposed to be, maybe she's in the second then, I can't remember.

I don't mind his love interests. They always make women to be a bit usless back in day in those kinds of films though lol

Ahh how can you hate short round (you've seen goonies right? That's data) dr Jones dr Jones lol

My favourite moment is in the third when he's looking for the clues in that library from connerys journal. Now bare in mind this is supposed to be Venice, when they run out and have that huge chase on the water they are actually at tilbury docks (Essex) literally 15 mins away from me on the train. You can see all the cranes in the back. The original London docks lol classic
(the Berlin scènes were also filmed in London)

The 4th film is like 2008 now so the South Park (usually fast on their subjects for episodes) would not been long after so the episode is prob still about 7 years old

You should still watch them mate if you was a a fan. It's not like family guy and Simpsons where they have died off a bit, South Park came back stronger than ever about 6 years ago. They are amazing now. Even more amazing when you find out how they make an episode in 4 days or soemthing, takes them 2 mins longer than a episode run to record them and send them Comedy Central about an hour before the air time . Incredible

The Indy one is "the China probrem" - season 12 episode 8

Last edited:
Is there normally a clue as to what the Tshirt will be on this? As there is a picture of harry potter on the listing, just wondering if that's the hint.

Is there normally a clue as to what the Tshirt will be on this? As there is a picture of harry potter on the listing, just wondering if that's the hint.

I have a feeling potter is the book and possibly the shirt is watchmen related. But that's just a guess

I was going to wait for pics and if it is watchmen and I like it I might get it

• Thanks
Reactions: lights