Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #100) [Czech Republic]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: March 23, 2018 (Standard) - May, 2018 (FAC)
Purchase link: FilmArena (Standard) - FAC (pre-order April) (Not Live yet)
Price: 599 CZK (Standard) - 1099 CZK (Blu-ray) (FAC) (TBC) -1499 CZK (4K UHD + Blu-ray) - (FAC) (TBC)
Notes: FAC limited to 500

30624695_1793555807428054_3561483930924220416_n.jpg

film_24087_1.jpgfilm_24087_2.jpg28619246_1735780266538942_1733742405148214169_o.jpg
film_24087_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know, while it’s not the most exciting design in the world, I don’t mind these kind of «stylish» and simple designs sometimes, it can look quite good if done right. And this is the kind of movie where I think this design choice can be okay. With some embossing, gloss etc it can look good, but will wait and see on actual photos of it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I like the color combination steelbook - slip, but otherwise in general both wwa steelbook and slip are really dull, one of the best movies of 2017 deserves better. Hopefuly Blufans will come up with something better.

• Thanks
Reactions: Veronica Mars
Thinking FA will make more than 1 edition of this? Or are we looking at the only slip?

It's not...BAD...but it's not super compelling either. A tad too simple/minimal for my taste. But if it's the only option we get, I'll pick it up.

My #3 film of 2017. Held off buying the standard blu because I knew someone would make a premium edition of it.

Thinking FA will make more than 1 edition of this? Or are we looking at the only slip?

It's not...BAD...but it's not super compelling either. A tad too simple/minimal for my taste. But if it's the only option we get, I'll pick it up.

My #3 film of 2017. Held off buying the standard blu because I knew someone would make a premium edition of it.

This will be a Single XL edition (as advertised for now)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
I really like the slip design it looks classy and is a nice contrast to the Steelbook. It certainly makes a change from the predominantly black designs Film Arena often use.

I like the color combination steelbook - slip

I too think it looks well. It's going to be a very good set, I'll keep my eyes on it.

If I could change a thing, it would be the text on the billboards themselves on the back. Somehow it looks cheaply forced into the art. Imagine if the billboards were left blank, they would look more ominous, juts three silhouettes on the horizon.

I agree, with this style it would suit it better without text on the billboards. There really is no need on this kind of cover to show the text on the billboards.

This will be a Single XL edition (as advertised for now)

oh no.gif

Oh no!
Please let this not be an XL size slip.
I really don't like these, they look so awkwardly out of place and I really don't care for more collector's cards or folders than usual.
Just give me a quality slip and a nice booklet on top and I'm content.

View attachment 363497

Oh no!
Please let this not be an XL size slip.
I really don't like these, they look so awkwardly out of place and I really don't care for more collector's cards or folders than usual.
Just give me a quality slip and a nice booklet on top and I'm content.

I know :rofl: They don't make Slipcover Protectors for the XL FAC Editions as of yet. My XL Baby Driver, so another one to add to the awkwardness of not knowing how to (Store Them)keep them safe. After all FAC does use this Velvet smooth type of cardboard that scratches easily. That is a concern.

and I really don't care for more collector's cards or folders than usual.

I outta wash your mouth with soap saying such dirty things :wacky:

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Wait, wait... XL slip? How much taller and/or wider this format is? And what’s the reason for it? Sounds like a deal-breaker to me.

Is the steelbook design confirmed? IIRC the one posted in the OP is just the "standard" steel version, whilst for FAC we will have a WEA, different steel. Can anyone confirm?

Here's what I had in mind for a steelbook, which would also work as a slip...

#119 Three Billboards (SC).png

It's a very rough/quick edit since I can only use whatever images I find on Google (I had to flip the image for a start), but with the correct PSD it would obviously look a lot better.

Thoughts?

Here's what I had in mind for a steelbook, which would also work as a slip...

View attachment 363565

It's a very rough/quick edit since I can only use whatever images I find on Google (I had to flip the image for a start), but with the correct PSD it would obviously look a lot better.

Thoughts?
Maybe lighten the sunset up a little so we could read the three billboards and it would look the mutt's nuts mucka.

Reactions: Noodles