Upcoming ThunderCats Roar (Season 1) [Cartoon Network]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Warner Bros. Animation is bringing back the iconic cat-like aliens for new animated series called ThunderCats Roar, which will debut on Cartoon Network in 2019.

thundercats-roar-hires-1110417a.jpg

My favourite franchise officially killed... by a man with a manbun.

Its going to fail HUGE, but WB is going to think "oh I guess people don't like ThunderCats". When that isn't the case... they just don't like THIS.

I think the man bun says it all. Someone who that out of touch (that he thinks that Man Bun looks good on him) should not be in charge of the future of this franchise.

I'm not even a huge fan and I'm angry about this. I can't imagine how you must feel!

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Its going to fail HUGE, but WB is going to think "oh I guess people don't like ThunderCats". When that isn't the case... they just don't like THIS.

I think the man bun says it all. Someone who that out of touch (that he thinks that Man Bun looks good on him) should not be in charge of the future of this franchise.

I'm not even a huge fan and I'm angry about this. I can't imagine how you must feel!

That's the thing, man. For the true, pure ThunderCats fans out there, this is a lose-lose scenario. It's either successful and this is the only ThunderCats for the foreseeable future, or it's a failure and, like you said, Warner blames the fans and says that ThunderCats wasn't wanted.

I'm seriously bummed about this.

That's the thing, man. For the true, pure ThunderCats fans out there, this is a lose-lose scenario. It's either successful and this is the only ThunderCats for the foreseeable future, or it's a failure and, like you said, Warner blames the fans and says that ThunderCats wasn't wanted.

I'm seriously bummed about this.
How smart can this new crew be, when they won't even tell this dude he looks like a freakin' moron with that sh*t on his head?

I'm going to go against the grain and say this is actually a good thing. Having kids in my house who watch shows like this .... teen titans, amazing world of gumball etc. I look more at this like ....where are the REAL Thundercats shows or movies now? Nowhere to be found. Industry already believes its not worth pur$uing. ... a show like this despite being very different will introduce a new audience and generation to the characters. And when those young kids become young teens or young adults you have more firepower of nostalgia to do more serious cartoons or movies.

But if this flops, then yeah none the above will ever happen. IF it does well, then there is still hope for the future. Teen titans has a movie coming that I doubt will be like the cartoon show and thus it doesnt mean a future Thundercats would need to be just like this show either.