Music on Vinyl Titanic - OST by James Horner (colored vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release: November 28, 2016
Purchase: TheVinylStore / NewOnVinyl.com
Price: 29,99 GBP / 33,95 EUR

Note: First time on vinyl, 2 LP 180 gr audiophile pressing on gold colored vinyl, limited to 1500 numbered copies, Gatefold Sleeve with metallic embossing, 8 Page Booklet, including Poster and Replica of historical newspaper frontpage, also available on regular black vinyl

Caution: It seems like that there's multiple colors (white, blue, silver) pressed so watch out what you order, you may not receive a gold colored variant. No official statement from MOV on this matter.

2920_foto2_product_xl.jpg

After waking up in a hospital room in Florence, Italy, with no memory of what has occurred for the last few days, Robert Langdon suddenly finds himself the target of a manhunt. With the help of Dr. Sienna Brooks and his knowledge of symbology, Langdon will try to escape whilst solving the most intricate riddle he's ever faced.

Inferno is based on the 2013 novel of the same name by Dan Brown. The film is the sequel to The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, and stars Tom Hanks, reprising his role as Robert Langdon, alongside Felicity Jones, Omar Sy, Sidse Babett Knudsen, Ben Foster and Irrfan Khan.

The score is composed by Grammy, Golden Globe, BAFTA, Academy Award Winner Hans Zimmer (Interstellar, Inception, Pirates Of The Caribbean, Lion King).
  • 180 gram audiophile vinyl
  • Gatefold sleeve
  • Includes 4 page booklet
  • PVC protective sleeve
  • Music Composed by multiple award winner Hans Zimmer
  • OST of the Brand New 2016 Movie, the sequel to The Da Vinci Code
  • First pressing of 1.000 numbered copies on Red vinyl
Tracklist:

SIDE A
1. NEVER AN ABSOLUTION
2. DISTANT MEMORIES
3. SOUTHAMPTON
4. ROSE
5. LEAVING PORT

SIDE B
1. “TAKE HER TO SEA, MR. MURDOCH”
2. “HARD TO STARBOARD”
3. UNABLE TO STAY, UNWILLING TO LEAVE
4. THE SINKING

SIDE C
1. DEATH OF TITANIC
2. A PROMISE KEPT
3. A LIFE SO CHANGED

SIDE D
1. AN OCEAN OF MEMORIES
2. MY HEART WILL GO ON (LOVE THEME FROM TITANIC) - PERFORMED BY CÉLINE DION
3. HYMN TO THE SEA

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles

Worth to watch! Not because of the record itself as more of how records getting produced.
You see the pressing plant and the raw vinyl pellets.

@spass @Noodles @Flloydo @comICS-soon @Travis Bickle @spawnshop @C2V3N @Sigill

Cheers dan

Very cool! I've seen videos similar to that before, but I always find them so interesting.

Thanks for sharing mate. :)

I love the jack White ones over the years. And his tiny little recording booth. So cool

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Was just coming to post this... should've known you'd spotted it first @dan8885. :p

Love the film, but the soundtrack isn't something I'd sit down and listen to. Cool looking release though!

It's currently up for pre-order at The Vinyl Store - https://thevinylstore.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=30506

View attachment 273489
Wow, really a nice set. But like you, I can't see myself listening to it. And I don't start buying vinyl because of packaging :oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah:

Same, cool looking release but I wouldn't listen to it lol

Id rather a lovely steel of the film (I do actually like the film)

• Thanks
I am confused lol

I ordered this from a UK ebay seller who had it listed as gold. It arrives and it is white. He tells me it was never pressed in gold. I request to return it and then contact another seller in the US who also has it listed as gold. I message him before he sends it and he says it is gold. Anyone have real pics or knows what's up with the release?

• Helpful Post
I am confused lol

I ordered this from a UK ebay seller who had it listed as gold. It arrives and it is white. He tells me it was never pressed in gold. I request to return it and then contact another seller in the US who also has it listed as gold. I message him before he sends it and he says it is gold. Anyone have real pics or knows what's up with the release?

Very curious. I've did a little research and it seems like that there are multiple color variants out. Of course a regular black but also white, silver, blue and the gold variant. Sadly I couldn't find any official comment from Music on Vinyl regarding this matter. There was one comment from a user on IG who said that he heard it was a failure with the pressing and in the end they needed to rush it.

Seems like Germany received a "Solid Silver" variant since both of my shops (JPC, HHV) and Amazon DE listed it with this picture:

4059251048220.jpg

The "Solid Silver" variant seems official since it got his own MOV sticker on the protective sleeve listed it as "Limited to 500 copies on Solid silver vinyl".

I saw the "blue" variant only in France. And one user labeled it with "Bleu Edition Spéciale FNAC limitée à 500 exemplaires". So it seems like that France received 500 copies of the blue variant.

Discogs got only two listenings till now in the Database:

Limited Edition Of 1500 Copies On Gold Vinyl
Limited Edition Of 500 Copies On Silver Vinyl

So maybe the 1500 gold variants ended in 500 each of gold, white and blue!?
Maybe they didn't got enough gold pellets to produce the full gold run!?
Two german stores listed the gold variant with a release date of December 9 and 12.
Maybe they rushed the first out and now are producing the rest of the run so it would still end up with 1500 in gold and 500 each of silver, gold, white and blue!? Very curious!

Anyway, thanks for the heads up! I didn't noticed till now since I didn't copped.

Someone on IG tries to collect them all:

Here are the other variants:

Titanic Original Soundtrack
Special 20th anniversary edition of Titanic is pressed on transparent vinyl and strictly limited to 2.500 individually numbered copies worldwide.
Release Date November 17th 2017

The Sound of Vinyl
£28.99

SharedImage-76284.jpg