Tomb Raider - In theaters March 16, 2018

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Tomb Raider (2018)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Roar Uthaug[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Alicia Vikander[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Walton Goggins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daniel Wu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Leo Ashizawa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dominic West[/ACTOR]

Plot: Archaeologist Lara Croft sets off on a series of international adventures.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
rcyPer7CGmDzWCczT4okv26clDj.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

THR is reporting that Alicia Vikander (Ex Machina, The Danish Girl) has nabbed the highly coveted role of Lara Croft in the planned Tomb Raider reboot. Star Wars: The Force Awakens star Daisy Ridley was strongly rumored to be in the running, but sources indicate that Vikander was "always in the driver's seat".

Apparently Suicide Squad actress Cara Delevigne was also in contention.

Norwegian filmmaker Roar Uthaug will helm the new Tomb Raider movie, and it was recently confirmed that his film would be based on the plot of Square Enix 2013 version of the game which followed Croft on her first adventure.

There is no official release date yet.​

WOOT!
alicia-vikander-is-lara-croft-in-tomb-raider-reboot-social.jpg

Last edited:
I know that was just a teaser but I'm going to be honest, it looks a bit crap. It looked a bit budget-y

Hopefully the trailer wows me tomorrow because I do love Vikander

I know what you mean, The Spinning Spike thingy, right?

It feels a bit video-gamey. (i know, i know, it IS a videogame). But I was really hoping this would break the bad video game movie adaptation streak. Go more realistic and plot driven. Not just pointless action.
I really want to see the full trailer and not just some Instagram preview.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
I know what you mean, The Spinning Spike thingy, right?

It feels a bit video-gamey. (i know, i know, it IS a videogame). But I was really hoping this would break the bad video game movie adaptation streak. Go more realistic and plot driven. Not just pointless action.
I really want to see the full trailer and not just some Instagram preview.

Tbh I was thinking that before the spike thingy but then yeah the close up when it goes over her face made me chuckle. It just looks like no money was pumped into it lol. I thought this was going to be a serious tomb raider adaptation not one made on a couple of quid. I don't think she's a good choice for the role either, she don't really look like croft

Got a feeling this film is going to really bother me

And I get what you mean about action but I hope they don't go too far that way and there's barely any action. Or just her escaping out of dangerous situations by the skin of her teeth. I can see that happening

I know that was just a teaser but I'm going to be honest, it looks a bit crap. It looked a bit budget-y

Hopefully the trailer wows me tomorrow because I do love Vikander
I kind of felt the same to be honest... hopefully the full trailer proves us wrong, but I'm a little worried about the movie now. :ohno:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Thanks to twitter for pointing this out...
If you don't want the poster spoiled for you. look away now.

The poster is horrible. look at her neck!!!! hahaha What on earth was the pshap'r thinking!?
I thought something looked off when I posted it last night... didn't look at it long enough to pinpoint what exactly though. Logged on to Twitter this morning and saw loads of people taking the pee out of it. :LOL:

Here's someone's "corrected" version...

DKBtWqoVoAUEGGi.jpg

The poster is horrible. look at her neck!!!! hahaha What on earth was the pshap'r thinking!?

At first I had no idea what you meant, but I've just looked at the poster again and her neck is well freaky. Lol. Proper brachio

I kind of felt the same to be honest... hopefully the full trailer proves us wrong, but I'm a little worried about the movie now. :ohno:

Glad I'm not alone

Reactions: Noodles

I thought something looked off when I posted it last night... didn't look at it long enough to pinpoint what exactly though. Logged on to Twitter this morning and saw loads of people taking the pee out of it. :LOL:

Here's someone's "corrected" version...

View attachment 334619

LMFAO!!! :hilarious: You guys are hilarious! :rofl: I seriously hope they dont use that artwork on the steelbook! :wacky:

I think it looks pretty good, though the repetitive music throughout the trailer kinda drove me nuts by the end. It seems like a straight-up adaptation of the reboot game, so if that's the case, it should be entertaining. Alicia Vikander looks perfect as Lara and with this taking place during her younger years, it'll be easy to still consider the Angelina Jolie films as cannon. Director Roar Uthaug has made some great films in Norway (The Wave, Cold Prey), so I'm hoping his first Hollywood film is a success.

TRAILER:

MAKING OF:

Phew! That teaser trailer had me worried there for a second... thankfully the full trailer gave me what I was hoping for. :)
I think it looks pretty good, though the repetitive music throughout the trailer kinda drove me nuts by the end. It seems like a straight-up adaptation of the reboot game, so if that's the case, it should be entertaining. Alicia Vikander looks perfect as Lara and with this taking place during her younger years, it'll be easy to still consider the Angelina Jolie films as cannon. Director Roar Uthaug has made some great films in Norway (The Wave, Cold Prey), so I'm hoping his first Hollywood film is a success.
Exactly what I thought... some of those action scenes are taken straight from the game and look pretty cool IMO. The more I see of Alicia as Lara, the more I realise how perfect she is for the role. Very excited to see this now! :D

Trailer is better than the teaser which looked awful. I do like the way it looks like the game though with her jumping about in the tomb etc but I'm not convinced she looks like Lara imo
BUT I did not know nick frost and Walton goggins are in it so that's made me more up for it

Alicia is a great actress and I adore her but just not sure about her being lara. In my head she's a perfect Lara but somethings not right