USA
Release date: October 5th, 2015
Purchase link: Tomorrowland
Price: £23.99

1.jpg 2.jpg

11123662-1544298489432325.jpg
tl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched this at the IMAX and I really enjoyed it.
It is a real nod to Walt Disney and his vision of EPCOT which never came to be.
Did not need to be in 3d I feel either as it would have added nothing to it
Completely agree, amazing special effects but not influential enough to warrant 3d, brilliant film though, brad bird knows how to make films, can't wait for incredibles 2! Anyway the steelbooks a no brainer

My thoughts on this...

£23.99. That's expensive.

No 3D. As it's almost impossible to find a showing in 3D (I have seen a couple of cinemas claiming to show this in 3D in the UK in June) it would be nice, at the price, to have a 3D disc.

The Title. I think I'd rather have Tomorrowland without 'A World Beyond' if North America or Asia do a steel of this.

Believe me this film did not need 3d.
A watch at the IMAX is most worthwhile as it has been filmed to fill the entire screen.
£23.99 is too expensive I think also but into the woods was the same price (also too high).
That is Disney for you unfortunately
I will keep my order after seeing it

I think 22.99 or 23.99 is the new 17.99 in Zavvi world. Just like a few years ago when prices were carte blanc bumped-up, I think (unfortunately) that we might be about to experience another steelbook wide price rise from Zavvi...

Reactions: jordidj
I think 22.99 or 23.99 is the new 17.99 in Zavvi world. Just like a few years ago when prices were carte blanc bumped-up, I think (unfortunately) that we might be about to experience another steelbook wide price rise from Zavvi...

Zavvi better be careful or they're gonna out price themselves right out of business, especially with the likes of FA, Blufans, and others. There is a limit to what someone will be pay for just a steelbook.

The trailer looks visually entertaining. It's Disney, so we can at least expect a quality story...Not to mention George Clooney is in it - which by the way one of my fav actors of all time. If i sum all those up, i am still hesitant to preorder this release.. why?????

£23.99

do not believe why would 1 chain of cinemas being showing 3d and not the rest of the world??? its bull if it was 3d it would be world wide as 3d costs studios money, its just bad listing.

basil :thumbs:
Not just one cinema or chain multiple in different countries.

Not just one cinema or chain multiple in different countries.
you are more englightened than the rest of us jono, how many countrys have it listed as 3d because far as i was aware it was oz and 1 chain out there someone had written earlier in the thread.
please show us some links to confirm to us this indeed 3d because you are the first to say this, i would loved to be proved wrong on this occassion.
imdb only shows 2d and imax.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1964418/technical?ref_=tt_dt_spec
Runtime 2 hr 10 min (130 min)
Sound Mix Dolby Digital | Datasat | Dolby Atmos
Color Color
Aspect Ratio 1.90 : 1 (IMAX version)
2.20 : 1
Camera Sony CineAlta F65, Zeiss Master Prime and Fujinon Premier Lenses
Sony CineAlta PMW-F55, Zeiss Master Prime and Fujinon Premier Lenses
Laboratory Company 3 (digital intermediate)
Negative Format AXSM
SRMemory
Cinematographic Process Digital Intermediate (4K) (master format)
F55 RAW (4K) (source format)
F65 RAW (4K) (source format)
Printed Film Format D-Cinema

even the official site makes no mention of 3d
http://movies.disney.com/tomorrowland/

even wiki states 2d an imax nothing else
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomorrowland_(film)

i had read one story there was a 3d trailer going around but thats it!
no actual showings of a 3d version and some cinemas are saying they are 2d and 3d cinemas but i am yet to find a showing that is directly listed as a 3d showing if you see where im coming from.
anyway please show me the listings

many thanks
basil :thumbs:

I don't have any more info sorry, I just searched on Google for "tomorrowland 3d" and scanned the first couple pages of results. I'm not actually convinced there is a 3D version and likewise would like to confirm either way.

I don't see anything 'official' regarding a 3D release, so it's my guess the cinema listings for 'Tomorrowland 3D' are mistaken.

Most of them, when you dig down to the point of buying a ticket, don't mention 3D.

But here's a screengrab of an Australian theatre that claims a 3D presentation. I think this, being Disney, will see steelbook releases in other countries.

regent.jpg