[Trading Info] USPS to start online 1st Class PACKAGE International Postage

Ricker

Special Projects
Premium Supporter
Aug 24, 2011
Buxton Maine
Mod Team-please leave here for now, for extra visibility to trading community as whole. Thanks!

I have been waiting for this service to finally arrive.:oohyeah:

More info here:

https://www.usps.com/business/first-class-package-international-service.htm

Capture.JPG

Can't wait to try this. Come on guys buy some stuff.:hilarious:

Last edited by a moderator:
its only been available awhile on ebay exclusively.now it is out in the open...
very dependent on this since the priority mail international prices have gone up considerably.

You are correct. This is great news for the occasional seller, where no invoice is involved.

No problem Rick-I added the link on the usps site as well. Thank you to Che, who also mentioned this a bit ago. This is another way that traders can help each other for packages going from US to other destinations.

Reactions: Marina Blue
The tracking numbers are now the same as priority. Also, you get a discount for shipping online. You may have to pay close attention during the info process because I think they require you to ship from the post office in your zip code, which doesn't make sense for everyone, if not adjusted. Also, another heads up, on July 28(coincidentally my bday) USPS is changing their priority shipping to subclasses. Priority 1 day, 2 day, 3 day & Priority-Express. I don't have all the details yet, so I'm not sure if this is a price gouge(which I expect it is) or simply their way of implenting regional shipping more effectively. Apparently these will all be guaranteed standards. If you want me to make a thread in the forums somewhere I will.

Thanks for taking the torch Rick. My motivation & focus has been lacking this week. I just wanted to add my original notes in here. Can you add some of this to the OP?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricker
price has actually gone up it seems. A 13 ounce package to the UK is now going to cost $16.75 in store and $15.08 online. I don't think anyone is saving money here.

1st class isn't cheap, but I love that I won't have to go to the post office

You may still have to drop it off at the post office, not 100% sure. You could try filling out a package pick up form online for your carrier.

May I know how much cheaper it got is as I always receive packages via 1st class as priority is very expensive? :confused:

It isn't a huge discount, maybe a couple dollars at most, but it is a MASSIVE time saver and very convenient. No more custom forms and waiting in line!!!

Reactions: Ricker
You may still have to drop it off at the post office, not 100% sure. You could try filling out a package pick up form online for your carrier.

It isn't a huge discount, maybe a couple dollars at most, but it is a MASSIVE time saver and very convenient. No more custom forms and waiting in line!!!

Don't mind going to the post, but I like going on my hours, not the post offices

1steel to the uk will be about $14us. Where prioity starts at 23ish

The best are the large video flat rate boxes, which are free and can fit 2-3 depending on the shipper, they can be sent for $23.95. I just sent one to dv8mad and my SSSSS partner.

price has actually gone up it seems. A 13 ounce package to the UK is now going to cost $16.75 in store and $15.08 online. I don't think anyone is saving money here.

Prices have gone up this past year. Keep in mind the entry price point is what has gone up. For instance sending AUSNEW 1 steel would have cost $15, but to send 4 only cost $24. So, bottom line, make shipping worth it. Get at least 2 shipped.