[Trading Info] USPS to start online 1st Class PACKAGE International Postage

Ricker

Special Projects
Premium Supporter
Aug 24, 2011
Buxton Maine
Mod Team-please leave here for now, for extra visibility to trading community as whole. Thanks!

I have been waiting for this service to finally arrive.:oohyeah:

More info here:

https://www.usps.com/business/first-class-package-international-service.htm

Capture.JPG

Can't wait to try this. Come on guys buy some stuff.:hilarious:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh I see, so just so I got this right, if we discuss print run numbers to a particuar steelbook even in the correct thread we get told off, but now shipping can be discussed in the steelbook forum, brilliant I see where your going with this.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Could we not start a courier thread or is that already going on. ????

This was moved to this section by Digitalbabe, as this is a big announcement for everybody that ships internationally.

Last edited:
Reactions: blumark007
Ahhh I see, so just so I got this right, if we discuss print run numbers to a particuar steelbook even in the correct thread we get told off, but now shipping can be discussed in the steelbook forum, brilliant I see where your going with this.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Could we not start a courier thread or is that already going on. ????

This is THE thread for proper discussion about US mailing

It isn't a huge discount, maybe a couple dollars at most, but it is a MASSIVE time saver and very convenient. No more custom forms and waiting in line!!!

Been doing all my GBs (the last few ones) through Click-N-Ship - since Homeland Security now requires all addresses to be uploaded to USPS (which is why they are manually keying in all those green forms, so I've been told).

But I haven't been able to pay via Click-N-Ship yet, as recently as last weekend - so I hope this is going live soon - haven't seen an actual date when I'll be able to pay 1st Class through Click-N-Ship

They still have to scan the label in which takes about 1 min per (assuming the clerk knows what they were doing), so I had quite the queue going on me behind me for the HDN 7p Exclusive...

20 minutes later...

lol

Reactions: Marina Blue
Hey guys, not to worry-we will move this to a more 'fitting' area-but I wanted to be sure that as many US and international members have a chance to learn about this, since it impacts every day activity here-it's always nice to get FYI's about tools that can help each other.

Been doing all my GBs (the last few ones) through Click-N-Ship - since Homeland Security now requires all addresses to be uploaded to USPS (which is why they are manually keying in all those green forms, so I've been told).

But I haven't been able to pay via Click-N-Ship yet, as recently as last weekend - so I hope this is going live soon - haven't seen an actual date when I'll be able to pay 1st Class through Click-N-Ship

They still have to scan the label in which takes about 1 min per (assuming the clerk knows what they were doing), so I had quite the queue going on me behind me for the HDN 7p Exclusive...

20 minutes later...

lol

It says try it now. Hope it's just not a simulation.
I paid via clicknship May 31. I sent out packages to Dhiraj, Lampshire, & Mrdonkeymagic using this new first class shipping on June 1. It's best to wait in line for a receipt and officially getting the scan, but not always necessary. If people are doing their job correctly, this will be scanned at every stop along the way. The post office is just nice confirmation for the receiver.

Reactions: digitalbabe
This was moved to this section by Digitalbabe, as this is a big announcement for everybody that ships internationally.

For everyone in the US maybe.
Here in Germany we can ship a single steel worldwide for 4.5$, even to North Korea :thumbs:

does this also mean 1st class shipment are now trackable?

Yes. Also, as a sidenote to AP. The reason they have to fill in the customs form is because customs can't read people's handwriting. So they type it into the computer so when the label scans they have a detailed report of said package.