The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 17th, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon.fr
Price: EUR 24.99

IMG_5868.JPG

This movie instantly jumped into my favourite top 3 zombie films the minute I finished watching it.. it's awesome to find out it has a great looking steelbook release, I would have bought it day one if it has English subs so I hope someone eles releases a steel, but if not and this steel gets a price drop I'll pick it up for the and buy another disc. so disappointed that I wouldn't be able to watch this and all its extras without buying the film twice though:banghead:

I just checked the German mediabook thread and someone says that doesn't have English Subs either, so I just checked amazon uk's pre order for the amaray and in the description it says
Language English, doesn't that mean that the audio will be dubbed? (I don't want to get it if it's dubbed) this seems to be a difficult title to buy so far.
Does anyone know more about the uk release and its audio and subs info?
This is what amazon uk have listed
SmartSelectImage_2016-12-18-13-08-25.png

Looks like a nice steelbook and I do want to see this but, I think i'm done buying region locked discs so I'll wait and see what else comes around.

I just checked the German mediabook thread and someone says that doesn't have English Subs either, so I just checked amazon uk's pre order for the amaray and in the description it says
Language English, doesn't that mean that the audio will be dubbed? (I don't want to get it if it's dubbed) this seems to be a difficult title to buy so far.

I did the same thing earlier today, I saw the film a couple of weeks ago, came here to find the great looking steelbook this morning but no subs, same with the German digibook (I prefer the steelbook artwork personally) I know Amazon descriptions are generally not to be trusted but it looks like we will have to bide our time till all copies are release and make a Frankenstein's Monster version using the best of each release worldwide

• Thanks
Reactions: boldnerd and chunk
I did the same thing earlier today, I saw the film a couple of weeks ago, came here to find the great looking steelbook this morning but no subs, same with the German digibook (I prefer the steelbook artwork personally) I know Amazon descriptions are generally not to be trusted but it looks like we will have to bide our time till all copies are release and make a Frankenstein's Monster version using the best of each release worldwide

"Frankenstein's Monster version using the best of each release worldwide" :rofl::notworthy::thumbs: it's a real shame but it's looking like that will be the only option.. I really hope when the discs are tested we get a nice surprise. I looked at the amaray on amazon uk and usa and it looks the same, listing states language English:confused: I hope it's a mistake, it's great we're getting a uk release but if it hasn't got English subs I wonder why they've bothered. I've ordered the mediabook cos that release date is not till February so hopefully we'll get more details or announcement of other releases. I also checked yes Asia for their amaray releases, but when I saw the £27 price tag I didn't even bother to check the subs. it can be so difficult to find Asian cinema with English subs, I thought this film being such a big hit that it would be easy to find. how difficult would it have been to add Eng subs? it's not like this film is filled with dialogue, much more action & suspense. hopefully amazon will update their info or it will get some info filled reviews after its released.

I'll try and pick up the steelbook soon, I really hate paying for just a case though.. even if it is a pretty one.

I watched the Korean film tunnel the same day I saw this, both very enjoyable :cigar:

• Thanks
Reactions: navydavey
This is what amazon uk have listed
View attachment 282170
I am sure the original Korean audio with English subs will be included as well. Amazon has to say English audio or the morons won't buy it.

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: navydavey and chunk
Pretty sure there will be the original Korean with English subs as there are on all Korean films I buy here in the U.K.

Regarding the animated feature SEOUL STATION - possibly not included in the Studio Canal U.K. release (?) - but definitely included in the German 2 disc limited edition mediabook:-
168534_large.jpg

Following a long line of first class Korean films with English subs released here in the U.K. on Blu-ray including OLDBOY, I SAW THE DEVIL, THE HOST, THIRST, LADY VENGEANCE trilogy, THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE WEIRD, MOTHER, THE YELLOW SEA, HANSEL AND GRETEL. . . .
Not many other Korean films available here on Blu-ray compared to foreign language films from other parts of the Orient . . . that's for sure.

I am sure the original Korean audio with English subs will be included as well. Amazon has to say English audio or the morons won't buy it.

Thanks that's a big help:notworthy::thumbs:

I shouldn't laugh I know.. but the way you wrote that last bit got a :rofl::thumbs:

Think I'm gonna order the steelbook, and pre order the amazon uk amaray.
Does anyone know why the amazon France steelbook has been released but the uk amazon one and the German mediabook are not due for release until February 2017?

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
This looks like a great movie (not seen it) but checked it out and the steelbook quality isn't great and there were no English subtitles on the edition in FNAC I looked at.

Awesome movie! Shame about the lack of English subs for both the steelbook and digibook... suppose we'll just have to be patient and hope for a future release that's English friendly.

Awesome movie! Shame about the lack of English subs for both the steelbook and digibook... suppose we'll just have to be patient and hope for a future release that's English friendly.

I ended up getting this for christmas, such a shame to have to pay again when the uk amaray comes out.. I did have a look at the disc and the picture quality looked great. I have the digibook pre ordered but I think I'll cancel it as it's around £33 delivered and comes with a another disc without Eng Subs.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I ended up getting this for christmas, such a shame to have to pay again when the uk amaray comes out.. I did have a look at the disc and the picture quality looked great. I have the digibook pre ordered but I think I'll cancel it as it's around £33 delivered and comes with a another disc without Eng Subs.
Hmm think I'll probably just end up getting the UK amaray too... would be nice if it at least came with a slip.

Got this yesterday...in the brown envelope once again...full of dings. Amazon France & Italy just can't get it right. Will just try to fix what I can...don't want to go thru the trouble of returning.

Agreed, their way of packing dvd/blu ray is awful.
Had to send back many damaged digipacks.
For info : the seoul station movie is featured on this edition.