Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 17th, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon.fr
Price: EUR 24.99

IMG_5868.JPG

You guess right. Typical from the french releases. Stupid isn'it ?:(

It certainly is but i suppose I understand the company releasing it has no reason to pay for English subs as it is a French release

What's worse is that the UK version doesn't have the animated prequel as an extra at all (n)

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
It certainly is but i suppose I understand the company releasing it has no reason to pay for English subs as it is a French release

What's worse is that the UK version doesn't have the animated prequel as an extra at all (n)

Most of the French releases of French movies do not carry English subs, i have no idea how much it cost to add subtitles in an other language, but i always thought it was a big mistake cause when you release a nice and expensive limited edition with no english subs you can forget about international customers and that can make a big difference in sales.

Regarding the Seoul station anime, i also think it has to do with rights they need to pay. I bought the korean limited edition of train to busan (dvd) and Seoul station is not included either... Sad. :(

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: navydavey and chunk
Well, I guess they are aware of that but simply do NOT have the right to include english subs so that distributors from english friendly country suffer no économic damage.

Well, seems logic indeed, but why do for instance warners bros almost always includes lots of subs on their releases ? Even the limited boxsets... Same for the korean releases who mostly have english subs on their discs, opposed to japan, who almost never have english subs...

Just finished watching this.

Wow, what an awesome movie. :OMG:

I don't know how this slipped by me. I only found about it in this thread.

Is there a reason why there hasn't been. Korean steelbook of this? I really hope it gets an English friendly version.

This is what World War Z should have been.....:twd:

• Thanks
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Just finished watching this.

Wow, what an awesome movie. :OMG:

I don't know how this slipped by me. I only found about it in this thread.

Is there a reason why there hasn't been. Korean steelbook of this? I really hope it gets an English friendly version.

This is what World War Z should have been.....:twd:

Hi,

there is a nice korean limited edition, english friendly. but on dvd and does not contain the seoul station anime :

http://www.yesasia.com/global/train...n-korea-version/1055417914-0-0-0-en/info.html

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Seems nice, although that front cover looks a bit messy!

it's the pic of the train car, but as you say, a bit messy cause it is too zoomed in. I think there were better choices for a front cover.
i have it on hand and it doesn't look better/worse.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: aLLu
Hi,

there is a nice korean limited edition, english friendly. but on dvd and does not contain the seoul station anime :

http://www.yesasia.com/global/train...n-korea-version/1055417914-0-0-0-en/info.html

Thanks for that. That does look like a nice package. Although pricey for a DVD, I would prefer it on BD for that price.

On another note, the French title for this movie translates a little differently. Dernier means 'last' so it transfers as 'Last Train To Busan'! :p

• Thanks
Reactions: Jocelin
On another note, the French title for this movie translates a little differently. Dernier means 'last' so it transfers as 'Last Train To Busan'! :p

Correct ! even if it was "probably" the last train to Busan according to the plot, this is still an unnecessary change. I have to say that "train to Busan" would sound a bit weird in French and will probably not be considered suitable for a Movie title. That might be the reason why they changed it.

Actually, not all movie titles are being translated to French, it is worse than that... I explain :

Some English titles contains words that are considered too difficult for people with basic English knowledge, so for the French release, they come up with an English movie title with more common words. terrible isn'it ???

a few exemples :

The hangover became : very bad trip
Knight and day became : night and day
American Hustle became : American bluff

;):D:D:D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Release date: December 17th, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon.fr
Price: EUR 24.99

View attachment 269876

FANTASTIC ZOMBIE FILM THAT IS DIFFERENT FROM THE REST

This is a sentimental story about a father who spends more time at work than with his daughter and what a father will sacrifice for his child. The father has separated from his wife and on his daughters birthday she wants to go to see her mum in Busan, so the father agrees to take her on her birthday, they get on the Train to Busan where he has to protect her and other passengers have to fight for their lives to survive as they move from carriage to carriage to escape the infected and find a train station safe and free from the infected.

This is not the run of the mill zombie film, there is lots of new takes how the zombie moves, feeds, attacks and weaknesses. The cinema photography is very good, there is a scene at the end of the film where the survivors are walking through the train tunnel and all you see is their black silhouette against the white sky at the entrance to the tunnel where they came from and the daughter starts singing.

I always enjoy Asian films; Korean and Japanese films for example because you can see they have spent more time developing characters and story lines unlike a lot of Hollywood block busters.

I got my copy
Train To Busan Korean Limited Edition full slipcase and digipak 2 x DVD Region 3 (English Subtitles only for feature film) from Yesasia.com £35 free P&P, very nice edition, comes with small art cards, stickers, photo book, flick book.

Train to Busan 1.png
Train to Busan 2.png
Train to Busan 3.png

Last edited:
  • Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: rj531 and tridon