Train to Busan / Seoul Station (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.045) [Korea]

What's Your Favorite Type?

• Type A

Votes: 38 40.9%
  • Type B

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Type C

Votes: 27 29.0%
  • 1/4 Slip

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: July 10, 2018 (Pre-order date is 7th June, 2018, 4PM Korea Time)
Purchase link: Type A - Type B - Type C - 1/4 Slip - Triple Pack - Quadruple Pack
Group Buy: Type A - Type B - Type C - 1/4 slip
Price: TBA
Note: The World's 1st Steelbook with Glow in the Dark feature. TRAIN TO BUSAN featuring DTS:X immersive 3D audio track and All-New Making Documentaries.

Type A | Type B | Type C | 1/4 Slip | Triple Pack
(* Design by Propaganda / Artwork Directing by Director Yeon)

TypeA.jpgTypeB.jpgTypeC.jpg1_4_Slip.jpg34756923_1405938359550642_6378734794926194688_o.jpg

upload_2018-5-29_9-18-37.png
TBSS_STEELBOOK.jpg

DWnPuSgVQAAqXeC.jpg

DWnPx7KVQAAEpsA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmmm..........

I've never gone for a PA item before. Didn't realise there would be Korean text on the spine. I know it's a Korean release, but I just assumed it would be in full English like Blufans and HDZETA. That's turned me off a bit if I'm honest.

Not exactly blown away by both slip designs either. I'm not a fan of slip B at all so A would be my choice if I had to.

Hopefully they get a special finish to raise them a bit higher.

Steelbook is the winner here though .

Maybe they will do a 1/4 slip version as they have done with other releases?

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Both look cool but it will be the back and white slip for me

Not a massive fan of the front of the colour slip

While I like Type A, the fact that the face is off center & also looks slightly blurry would annoy me.
I also like B but I wish they had "Train to Busan" underneath the Korean title like they've done with "Seoul Station" on the back.

Hmmm!
Thanks for the tag @harry! That's exactly what I was thinking, the blurry face doesn't look good on type A and the lack of English text on type B doesn't look right as they have put it on the back. Not a huge fan of either of these slips.

I'm loving the black & white slip, but what's with the lack of English title on the front?

same here. really strange, they dont use the English title on the front.

I think because it´s in style of 70~80's Korean Classic Horror Movies, and I don´t think these had English title on cover back then, they just want to do it 100% properly and authentic. I don´t have problem with it at all, I love that slip B, especially the front :cigar:

I think because it´s in style of 70~80's Korean Classic Horror Movies, and I don´t think these had English title on cover back then, they just want to do it 100% properly and authentic. I don´t have problem with it at all, I love that slip B, especially the front :cigar:
Hmm maybe, although they've included the English title for Seoul Station on the back, so that doesn't really explain it IMO *shrug*

Thanks for the tag @harry :notworthy: I haven't really paid much attention to this release but the GITD Steelbook looks good :thumbs: I've not seen the film either but I am a zombie fan, so... :D;) Not sure on the slips yet though :coffee: Type B has awesome art and would probably be my pick! :hungry: But like others, I would've liked an English reading title on the front given it's already on the back anyway :confused::sorry:

And yep, still a PA-V over here :whistle::p:D:giggle::kiss:

From PA's FB

Approved by the director YEON SANG-HO directly.

Type A : Western Zombie Movie Style
Type B : 70~80's Korean Classic Horror Movie Style

28947162_1345670782244067_4801821761912400258_o.jpg

28953879_1345670785577400_3475890570953400694_o.jpg

Damn! They both look great! I may have to get both and then keep the one that looks the best in-hand. I like the images and colours used for both. At first I was liking Type A the most, but now it's even for me. That black one looks sharp!

While I like Type A, the fact that the face is off center & also looks slightly blurry would annoy me.
I also like B but I wish they had "Train to Busan" underneath the Korean title like they've done with "Seoul Station" on the back.

Hmmm!

I agree that it's odd that they'd have English for Seoul Station but not for Train to Busan. I don't really understand that decision.

Hmmmmm..........

I've never gone for a PA item before. Didn't realise there would be Korean text on the spine. I know it's a Korean release, but I just assumed it would be in full English like Blufans and HDZETA. That's turned me off a bit if I'm honest.

Not exactly blown away by both slip designs either. I'm not a fan of slip B at all so A would be my choice if I had to.

Hopefully they get a special finish to raise them a bit higher.

Steelbook is the winner here though .

The Korean text is generally smaller on Plain releases, but I think they went large with this since it's an actual Korean film. I still haven't seen Seoul Station, but Train to Busan is one of the best zombie films I've seen in my life. It's non-stop intensity from beginning to end!

Slip A looks best imo!! Cant wait to see more of this! Will be my first PA steelbook mind! Absolutrly love their amarays!

I'm loving the black & white slip, but what's with the lack of English title on the front?

english text would have probably taken up too much room/looked squashed since in hangul it's effectively on the train itself.If they'd copied SS on the back the text placed below would be cutting into the character profiles. That's my read of it anyways.. I don't mind and am all in for Slip B. :smuggrin:

This has been a close poll. Type B has remained the same amount of steps behind Type A since the start (and deservingly so since both are great designs).

english text would have probably taken up too much room/looked squashed since in hangul it's effectively on the train itself.If they'd copied SS on the back the text placed below would be cutting into the character profiles. That's my read of it anyways.. I don't mind and am all in for Slip B. :smuggrin:
Good point... I can see how it'd be difficult to fit the English title on there. However, I'm sure they could easily resize the Korean text to make a little extra room for the English title.

I'll most likely go with the 1/4 slip (if they do one) anyway, since there are certain things about each slip that I don't particularly like. The steelbook is what counts, after all! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Note that the total disk configuration is 4, as shown below.
1. <Train To Busan> The main disc (+ new DTS: X soundtrack, new commentary, original making)
2. Making documentary disc of completely new <Train To Busan>
3. <Seoul Station> main piece (+ commentary, making)
4. Original soundtrack CD

The sale price of "Steelbook" for <Train To Busan> <Seoul Station> is 54,900 won.

from PA's twitter