Transformers 3: Dark Side of the Moon Mega Thread-June 29,2011

Which is your favorite Transformers movie?

• Transformers

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Transformers: Dark Side of The Moon

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Transformers

• Transformers

• Total voters

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
movies.ign.com/articles/103/1030366p1.html

Giant f*****g robots will storm back into theaters come summer 2011, so sayeth director Michael Bay.

The Transformers series director made the following announcement today at his official site: "Well its official: We have a great Transformers 3 story. The release date is now July 1st 2011. Not 2012. Today is Day One. This morning started with an ILM meeting for five hours in San Francisco. Currently I'm flying with writer Ehren Kruger to Rhode Island to talk to Hasbro about new characters."

Bay also jokingly addressed the public rift between himself and his leading lady. "P.S. Megan Fox, welcome back. I promise no alien robots will harm you in any way during the production of this motion picture," the director blogged, adding a litany of physical side effects that can result from collaborating with him and urging her to contact her physician. He added that "Pain and Gain is right after shooting of Trans 3."

That would mean Bad Boys III is at least five years away, if it's still even in the works (at least with Bay involved). Ditto I Am Number Four.

Bay had been on the fence about returning for Transformers 3 in recent months (especially after Paramount announced the July 1, 2011 release date without checking his availability first), emphasizing his need for a break from the franchise after shooting two giant movies back-to-back. No rest for the weary, Mr. Bay.

This should be the tag line:

"This time, Shia LaBeouf goes to robot-hell, except he DOESNT...COME...BACK!!!!!!"

The Transformers: Dark of the Moon Announcement Trailer!

The announcement trailer for Michael Bay's Transformers: Dark of the Moon is now online and can be watched using the player below the new poster or in High Definition QuickTime at iTunes Movie Trailers!

Opening in 3D, 2D and IMAX theaters on July 1, the third installment stars Shia LaBeouf, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Kevin Dunn, Julie White, Frances McDormand, John Malkovich, Ken Jeong, Patrick Dempsey, Alan Tudyk and John Turturro.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon features Sam Witwicky (LaBeouf) taking his first tenuous steps into adulthood while remaining a reluctant human ally of Optimus Prime. The film centers around the space race between the U.S.S.R. and the USA, suggesting there was a hidden Transformers role in it all that remains one of the planet's most dangerous secrets.

Read more: The Transformers: Dark of the Moon Announcement Trailer! - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=72173#ixzz17ctTjidS

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm such a sucker for Transformers... the second was absolutely one of the worst movies I've ever seen but I'll prolly still go see this in the theaters. That trailer looks pretty cool!

Theatrical Poster revealed per Firstshowing:

transformers3-theatricalposter-full.jpg

Release date changed to 6/29/2011 per IGN:

Michael Bay's Transformers: Dark of the Moon will now be released on June 29, not July 1 as originally scheduled.

The reason for the change was not detailed, but Paramount might be trying to put more space, even just a couple of days, in between Transformers 3 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, which hits cinemas on July 15 in the US and UK.

An insider told Deadline that the response to the 3D footage has been great, and that the "film is as good or better than the first and much better than the last."

The film will open day and date in all regions on June 29, except in China and Japan.

I really want to vote, but I guess I'll save it until I see the third... I'm about 90% sure I can already vote for #1, its one of my very favorite movies ever. It's odd considering that the second is one of my least favorite movies ever, lol.