Transformers 3: Dark Side of the Moon Mega Thread-June 29,2011

Which is your favorite Transformers movie?

• Transformers

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Transformers: Dark Side of The Moon

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Transformers

• Transformers

• Total voters

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
movies.ign.com/articles/103/1030366p1.html

Giant f*****g robots will storm back into theaters come summer 2011, so sayeth director Michael Bay.

The Transformers series director made the following announcement today at his official site: "Well its official: We have a great Transformers 3 story. The release date is now July 1st 2011. Not 2012. Today is Day One. This morning started with an ILM meeting for five hours in San Francisco. Currently I'm flying with writer Ehren Kruger to Rhode Island to talk to Hasbro about new characters."

Bay also jokingly addressed the public rift between himself and his leading lady. "P.S. Megan Fox, welcome back. I promise no alien robots will harm you in any way during the production of this motion picture," the director blogged, adding a litany of physical side effects that can result from collaborating with him and urging her to contact her physician. He added that "Pain and Gain is right after shooting of Trans 3."

That would mean Bad Boys III is at least five years away, if it's still even in the works (at least with Bay involved). Ditto I Am Number Four.

Bay had been on the fence about returning for Transformers 3 in recent months (especially after Paramount announced the July 1, 2011 release date without checking his availability first), emphasizing his need for a break from the franchise after shooting two giant movies back-to-back. No rest for the weary, Mr. Bay.

This should be the tag line:

"This time, Shia LaBeouf goes to robot-hell, except he DOESNT...COME...BACK!!!!!!"

saw it an hour ago in Imax 3D, and wow:D i am gonna say prolly best movie of the summer, this move is like DB says, its Kick Ass :scat:

by the way, the 3D totally rocks :)

Saw it this week-3/5 for me. Definitely better than part 2, but Michael Bay's neverending flat story arc with this just dragged on too much. The effects, as usual were awesome, but the movie seemed to never end.

It's not like I said the movie was crap. Just saying I want it to be better. I even said in the original Transformer 2 thread that I liked it better because of all the action/explosions, but at the same time I thought Transformers 1 had a better story to it.

Did the cartoons ever have a solid story? ;) lol

I saw 3 last night and thought it was too long. There were too many long non-action parts and at times somewhat corny. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. I enjoyed it for what it is. If you are looking for quality piece/oscar worthy look elsewhere, this is just meant to be popcorn flick and nothing more.