Transformers: Age of Extinction (3D only Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Our friends at The Entertainment Store are pleased to announce their latest exclusive Steelbook release: Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Does not include 2D disc

Release date: November 17, 2014
Price: £22.99
Pre-order link
Pre-orders will go live Friday 5th September.
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus or Masterblaster or Hubmuswell
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies, Region Free
Audio/Subs:
DISC1
Audio: ENGLISH / FRENCH / ITALIAN / SPANISH

Subs: ENGLISH / FRENCH / NORWEGIAN / SWEDISH / DANISH / DUTCH / ITALIAN / SPANISH / DANISH / FINNISH

DISC2
Audio:
ENGLISH (Possibly more)

Subs: ENGLISH / FRENCH / NORWEGIAN / SWEDISH / DANISH / DUTCH / ITALIAN / SPANISH / DANISH / FINNISH / GERMAN / JAPANESE

Artwork and finish details:
• Matt finish with spot gloss on Optimus Prime / Grimlock and title treatment
• Embossed title treatment

01.jpg

02.jpg hd03.jpg
hd01.jpg
hd02.jpg

In the meantime, our full range of Steelbooks is available here:http://www.play.com/stores/EntertainmentStore/Steelbooks

The Entertainment Store has been trading on RakutenPlay.comandeBayMarketplaces since 2013 and is proud to retail only authentic and high quality Entertainment goods, delivered to customers direct from the Studio and Publishers.

Last edited:
I know this may sound a silly question, but I've never tried and can't right now:

If you have a 3D TV and player, but tell it to down convert 3D->2D, is the image as good/better/worse than if just watching a 2D disc?

I think that made sense...

I use my 3D TV to change to 2D and I have not noticed any major image quality loss as it the TV just removing the second 3D image

All 3D Blu ray Discs already have the 2D version but its locked by the film studios to 3D in most cases but by telling your 3D TV to play in 2D only it does this for you if your 3D TV has this function

Its different the other way if you use your 3D TV or 3D Blu-ray player to up covert a 2D image to 3D then I have noticed image quality be not as good

Last edited:
Reactions: satanclaus
The UK Standard 3D release includes a 2D disc of the film
So it was not Paramount UK deciding all 3D UK releases would be 3D only it was only Entertainment Store agreeing to it when they could have said no to this

The Same 3D Steelbook with same artwork is available in other countries from Paramount and all of them include the 2D disc of the film for playback on non 3D TV and standard Blu-ray Player

Entertainment Store are the ones letting Paramount UK do this
This release is a break away from the standard of all 3D releases to include a 2D version of the film

All Entertainment Store had to say was we will not be part of this break away from an agreed standard

And then potentially lose out on selling the steel (and future steels if the relationship breaks down) when Paramount say do one then? As someone else would take it on!

If you have facts to back this up then feel free to share but i see a lot of posts you make stating Zavvi dont control this and that but the studios do but in this case they dont and Entertainment Store does? o_O

Not that it really matters but its pretty clear as someone said before that Paramount have released both steels to try and get collectors to buy both and changing the disc contents between the two helps achieve that

Reactions: StifflersDad
To me it looks like ES are in a weak position to be able to dictate terms. They are making huge mistakes which I am sure is costing them dearly. Almost every title released either had few problems or haven't sold well due to higher print run or a lackluster title priced very high. If they are going to continue in this direction I am sure it will hurt their balance books. It looks like ES have yo try hard to get exclusivity.

Not that it really matters but its pretty clear as someone said before that Paramount have released both steels to try and get collectors to buy both and changing the disc contents between the two helps achieve that

Exactly. I bet paramount played hardball with ES and the only way they could have this SteelBook was on their terms.
It kinda offers the punters a choice. If you want a cheaper 2D steelbook or a slightly more expensive 3d steelbook with more unique artwork . Whatever the pros/cons I am certainly overjoyed that the UK is one of the few countries getting this artwork! :thumbs:

DISC1
Audio: ENGLISH / FRENCH / ITALIAN / SPANISH

Subs: ENGLISH / FRENCH / NORWEGIAN / SWEDISH / DANISH / DUTCH / ITALIAN / SPANISH / DANISH / FINNISH

Are these only from the j-card or the actual tracks from the disc menu? Please tell me that German is included :grumpy:, since the 2D disc seems to have German track. Thanks!

And then potentially lose out on selling the steel (and future steels if the relationship breaks down) when Paramount say do one then? As someone else would take it on!

If you have facts to back this up then feel free to share but i see a lot of posts you make stating Zavvi dont control this and that but the studios do but in this case they dont and Entertainment Store does? o_O

With this film paramount could have easily sold out both steelbooks with different artwork and still include the 2D disc
If it was a less liked title they would only most likely done one steelbook in the first place

Both steelbooks are been released with same artwork in other countries and the 3D steelbooks contain the 2D Disc of the film so its not a title that would been difficult to sell if the UK with different artwork

There way no need and more important a reason for paramount to be the only studio to not provide a 2D disc of the film with the 3D release of the steelbook considering they include the 2D disc of the film with the standard 3D Blu ray release and also have a separate Standard 2D only release as well as having a 2D only steelbook

There is a reason as to why all other film studios provide you with a 2D Disc of a film with every 3D release

If its a title not very popular you would only need one steelbook release

If paramount had of kept to having a 2D Disc with the 3D steelbook more would have been sold not less and both steelbooks 2D and 3D releases with different artwork still would end up been sold out and given fans a choice without loosing out on content

Last edited:
I know this may sound a silly question, but I've never tried and can't right now:

If you have a 3D TV and player, but tell it to down convert 3D->2D, is the image as good/better/worse than if just watching a 2D disc?

I think that made sense...

Not a silly question. In actual fact, the resolution is reduced watching a 3D image in 2D, however the majority of people will not notice the difference.

Reactions: satanclaus
Are these only from the j-card or the actual tracks from the disc menu? Please tell me that German is included :grumpy:, since the 2D disc seems to have German track. Thanks!
GER track is on 2D only in UK (same disc in FRE/ITA/SPA/GER/UK); the languages set of the german 3D disc is ENG/GER/TUR and some Est EU lang/subs, while UK/FRE/SPA/ITA have common 3D disc without GER lang/subs

Last edited:
Reactions: yy0925
Received mine today.

And while I don't want to come across as a whinger, I was just a little underwhelmed when I opened it.

While it is a nice Steelbook, I think it looks better in pics than in hand (I thought the front was white, not silver, and the inside isn't as vibrant in the flesh-although the back cover is Awesome)

I think they should have embossed the title to match the last movies (the front cover is kinda out of shape too because of the debossing also)

As I said, it IS nice. I just kind of expected more when I opened it as it was pricey enough.

Reactions: kron
With this film paramount could have easily sold out both steelbooks with different artwork and still include the 2D disc
If it was a less liked title they would only most likely done one steelbook in the first place

Both steelbooks are been released with same artwork in other countries and the 3D steelbooks contain the 2D Disc of the film so its not a title that would been difficult to sell if the UK with different artwork

There way no need and more important a reason for paramount to be the only studio to not provide a 2D disc of the film with the 3D release of the steelbook considering they include the 2D disc of the film with the standard 3D Blu ray release and also have a separate Standard 2D only release as well as having a 2D only steelbook

There is a reason as to why all other film studios provide you with a 2D Disc of a film with every 3D release

If its a title not very popular you would only need one steelbook release

If paramount had of kept to having a 2D Disc with the 3D steelbook more would have been sold not less and both steelbooks 2D and 3D releases with different artwork still would end up been sold out and given fans a choice without loosing out on content

Too much text to read but ok :thumbs:

(OFF TOPIC, I know)

But I can't find it on their site anywhere, what are ES like about returning a steelbook you simply have changed your mind about? :(

Like any retailer they have to accept it, but you have to pay the return postage costs

I found it on their eBay shop and it says

"...If you are unhappy with your purchase you can return to us within 28 days of the item being dispatched to you for a full refund, including any postage charges we have made to deliver the item to you..."

I get I'll pay the postage but what's the bit about the postage charges to me? It was free delivery to me, are they going to deduct something from the refund?